New mobile app offers a unique advertising opportunity while providing info about Caribbean holidays
Jamaican models Kimanee Wilson and Januel Mc Kenzie the two minds behind the Caribbean holidays website and mobile application MyTravel Insider LLC have announced that their app will launch in both the Apple App Store and the Android play store this fall. With a growing number of people making the switch to smart phones each year the application is undoubtedly a unique platform for advertisers.
MyTravel Insider LLC, a travel guide designed by Jamaican super models Kimanee Wilson and Januel Mc Kenzie, is poised to offer travellers unique insights into the culture, lifestyle and activities available at some of the most popular Caribbean holiday destinations and resorts. The guide comes complete with a fully integrated website and a mobile application set to be officially released on both Apple’s App Store and Android’s Play store in autumn 2012.
The travel guide is currently being marketed as being able to provide a thoughtful insider’s view of everything that a fun-filled holiday in the Caribbean has to offer.
The app will provide subscribers with a list of the top Caribbean resorts and hotels as well as the must see attractions in each island, including a top 10 list of things to do to, however there will also be a focus on those attractions said to be “off the beaten path”-ideal for those looking for a unique holiday experience. Additionally, there is also a dedicated section providing links to the best local tour guides entitled “Native Links”- an indication of the attention for thoughtful details that went into the designing of MyTravel Insider.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Notably, Ms Wilson and Ms Mc Kenzie have designed the website to suit travellers on any budget, from those looking for affordability to those lucky travellers planning a luxury Caribbean getaway. “Having traveled throughout the world... we understand what travelers are looking for in a destination and saw the need to provide them with that authentic alternative” noted Ms Wilson.
With the Caribbean Tourism Organsiation (CTO) estimating that approximately 23.1 million travellers booked Caribbean holidays in 2010 both women have noted that MyTravel Insider provides business with a unique opportunity to showcase their product while reaching a wide audience.
Furthermore, the advertising potential of an application like MyTravel Insider is untold considering that over 1 billion applications downloaded from Apple’s APP store alone along with the fact that each year a growing number of people are making the switch to owning a smart phone. Advertisements appearing on the app will be featured in a fully functioning multimedia format, with contact information and direct links to their websites included.
Ms Januel Mc Kenzie added on a final note, ‘with the growing number of smartphone users, our company is providing a more efficient way to promote ones business”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...