More Cuba hotels in the pipeline with new Cayo Coco hotel and more refurbishment projects planned
Cuba tourism officials have confirmed the building of a new hotel property in Cayo Coco and the ongoing refurbishment works being carried out at a selection of Cuba hotels. The renovation projects aim not only to accommodate a larger influx of visitors as demand for Cuba holidays increases, but also to restore some old properties its former glory.
After the recent inaguration of a new E-hotel in Cienfuegos’ residential neighbourhood of Punta Gorda, Cuban tourism officials have confirmed the construction of more hotels in Cuba and the ongoing restoration works of many existing ones.
An official from the Provincial Committee of the Communist Party in the island, Lidia Esther Brunet Nodarse recently unveiled the plans for the new Cuba hotels in the pipeline and thanked the sponsors’ investments in the projects.
She also explained how the first hotel in the works was new property to be built in Cayo Coco, a new five-star hotel with 518 rooms which is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014. Besides the new Cayo Coco Coco, the complete restoration and renovation of the International Hotel of Varadero (the first one to have ever been built on the famed 20-kilometre beach stretch back in the 1950s) with a total of 800 rooms. Once an iconic resort property, Gran Caribe plans to restore its former grandeur after years of falling standards. After the renovation it aims to restore its prestige as one of the landmark Varadero hotels.
“We are not talking of their redesigning as they are new hotels that will increase the Gran Caribe hotel chain’s capacity to almost 14 thousand rooms, thus increasing their new incomes and efficiency." Lidia Esther Brunet Nodarse said.
Lidia went on to explain "By the end of the first six months of the current year, the aforementioned hotel chain grew up to and eleven per cent of the tourist income in comparison to the previous one and a six per cent of tourists due to the new price of the tourist package and the local hotels' middle average."
"The plan is conceived for four million tourists and more than 300 thousand national ones given that the internal segment constitutes an important market for the local incomes." Lidia concluded.
At present the Gran Caribe hotel chain has over 12,000 rooms worldwide, as well as 44,000 in Cuba. The new hotel projects and improvements to existing properties have the aim of not only restoring some Cuba hotels' former beauty but also enhancing accommodation capacity as demand grows for Cuba holidays among worldwide travellers.
"Cienfuegos has properly maintained all these years the Jagua hotel and the Tourism Ministry gave to the Gran Caribe hotel chain, the Unión, Palacio Azul, Rancho Luna and the Faro Luna hotels which is located in the main hotel square of the city which allows to develop the local hotel complex according to the requirements in terms of proper service, quality and incomes." she added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...