More Cuba hotels in the pipeline with new Cayo Coco hotel and more refurbishment projects planned
Cuba tourism officials have confirmed the building of a new hotel property in Cayo Coco and the ongoing refurbishment works being carried out at a selection of Cuba hotels. The renovation projects aim not only to accommodate a larger influx of visitors as demand for Cuba holidays increases, but also to restore some old properties its former glory.
After the recent inaguration of a new E-hotel in Cienfuegos’ residential neighbourhood of Punta Gorda, Cuban tourism officials have confirmed the construction of more hotels in Cuba and the ongoing restoration works of many existing ones.
An official from the Provincial Committee of the Communist Party in the island, Lidia Esther Brunet Nodarse recently unveiled the plans for the new Cuba hotels in the pipeline and thanked the sponsors’ investments in the projects.
She also explained how the first hotel in the works was new property to be built in Cayo Coco, a new five-star hotel with 518 rooms which is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014. Besides the new Cayo Coco Coco, the complete restoration and renovation of the International Hotel of Varadero (the first one to have ever been built on the famed 20-kilometre beach stretch back in the 1950s) with a total of 800 rooms. Once an iconic resort property, Gran Caribe plans to restore its former grandeur after years of falling standards. After the renovation it aims to restore its prestige as one of the landmark Varadero hotels.
“We are not talking of their redesigning as they are new hotels that will increase the Gran Caribe hotel chain’s capacity to almost 14 thousand rooms, thus increasing their new incomes and efficiency." Lidia Esther Brunet Nodarse said.
Lidia went on to explain "By the end of the first six months of the current year, the aforementioned hotel chain grew up to and eleven per cent of the tourist income in comparison to the previous one and a six per cent of tourists due to the new price of the tourist package and the local hotels' middle average."
"The plan is conceived for four million tourists and more than 300 thousand national ones given that the internal segment constitutes an important market for the local incomes." Lidia concluded.
At present the Gran Caribe hotel chain has over 12,000 rooms worldwide, as well as 44,000 in Cuba. The new hotel projects and improvements to existing properties have the aim of not only restoring some Cuba hotels' former beauty but also enhancing accommodation capacity as demand grows for Cuba holidays among worldwide travellers.
"Cienfuegos has properly maintained all these years the Jagua hotel and the Tourism Ministry gave to the Gran Caribe hotel chain, the Unión, Palacio Azul, Rancho Luna and the Faro Luna hotels which is located in the main hotel square of the city which allows to develop the local hotel complex according to the requirements in terms of proper service, quality and incomes." she added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...