Ellen Paderson recommends the best resorts for gourmet all-inclusive holidays in the Caribbean
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, recently shared her tips for booking an all inclusive holiday with the best food at the resort guaranteed. Paderson, who has stayed at and judged several venues, now enlists the best locations to spend all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean.
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, has recently shared some of her tips on booking an excellent all inclusive holiday for foodie and those concerned about the quality of food on an all inclusive meal plan. Paderson, who has made it her goal to search for the top Caribbean properties offering all inclusive service in recent years, can now enlist the best getaways for experiences the best all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean as well as the advantages of this type of holiday, sometimes rejected by travellers due to predisposition about the food, the activities or the price.
She points out that it’s much less stressful for guests, and makes it easier for them to relax, knowing that everything has been paid for in advance. By booking an all-inclusive trip, holidaymakers guarantee accommodations, meals, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), recreational service and gratuities. However, Paderson advises travellers to make sure they find out all the details before making a booking, since the concept of all inclusive is not always the same for all resorts.
“Travellers should ask their travel consultant to get to the bottom line to avoid surprises,” said Ellen Paderson “Of course, if you like trying local restaurants, exploring other locales off the resort, touring, etc., the all inclusive option removes much of the spontaneity that can make nice memories too.”
Nevertheless, many of these properties offer extras that aren’t included in the rate such as spa treatments, golf and baby-sitting. Paderson, who has been in the travel industry for over 20 years, has selected as her favourites what she considers to be the best all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean due to their fine culinary options, beautiful surroundings, excellent service and great recreational activities with no extra cost, such as scuba diving. The Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya, the Azul Beach Hotel by Karisma, the Sun Palace, the Beach Palace, El Dorado Seaside Suites, El Dorado Maroma by Karisma and the Beach Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa are in Paderson’s list of the highest-quality getaways in the region with great meal options for foodies.
If travellers are interested in going for high-end all inclusive holidays in Cancun at a truly luxurious venue, the Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya is a wonderful choice. Located just five minutes away from downtown Playa del Carmen, the hotel offers 5-star dining at any of its 15 restaurants and an excellent 24-hour butler concierge service. The Sun Palace and the Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico, are also gems among luxury all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean. Guests at the Sun Palace will enjoy a stocked minibar and a liquor dispenser with brand-name label whiskey, tequila, rum and vodka in their rooms, as well as the privilege to use the amenities at other nearby Palace resorts, meanwhile at the Beach Palace, guests will have a stunning view of Nichupte Lagoon and will be able indulge in the Jacuzzi tubs that can be found in all the hotel’s rooms.
The two Karisma properties earlier mentioned, have excellent seafood choices in their restaurants as well as great service. The Azul Beach Hotel with a popcorn room service for guests who want to stay in with a movie is more suitable for families, while El Dorado Maroma, with its excellent cuisine and beautiful white-sand beach, will be ideal for holidaymakers looking to relax. El Dorado Seaside Suites adults-only resort is a perfect getaway for honeymooners, which includes two swim-up bars and offers great spa treatments such as the Beachfront Sky Massage. Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, on the other hand, has excellent options for children such as scuba diving lessons, and a great waterpark. The hotel specialises in offering great food for guests who have certain allergies as well as vegans and vegetarians.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Come to the Caribbean and take a break from everyday life, as you enjoy 8 days of entertainment at the Grafton Beach...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...