Ellen Paderson recommends the best resorts for gourmet all-inclusive holidays in the Caribbean
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, recently shared her tips for booking an all inclusive holiday with the best food at the resort guaranteed. Paderson, who has stayed at and judged several venues, now enlists the best locations to spend all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean.
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, has recently shared some of her tips on booking an excellent all inclusive holiday for foodie and those concerned about the quality of food on an all inclusive meal plan. Paderson, who has made it her goal to search for the top Caribbean properties offering all inclusive service in recent years, can now enlist the best getaways for experiences the best all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean as well as the advantages of this type of holiday, sometimes rejected by travellers due to predisposition about the food, the activities or the price.
She points out that it’s much less stressful for guests, and makes it easier for them to relax, knowing that everything has been paid for in advance. By booking an all-inclusive trip, holidaymakers guarantee accommodations, meals, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), recreational service and gratuities. However, Paderson advises travellers to make sure they find out all the details before making a booking, since the concept of all inclusive is not always the same for all resorts.
“Travellers should ask their travel consultant to get to the bottom line to avoid surprises,” said Ellen Paderson “Of course, if you like trying local restaurants, exploring other locales off the resort, touring, etc., the all inclusive option removes much of the spontaneity that can make nice memories too.”
Nevertheless, many of these properties offer extras that aren’t included in the rate such as spa treatments, golf and baby-sitting. Paderson, who has been in the travel industry for over 20 years, has selected as her favourites what she considers to be the best all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean due to their fine culinary options, beautiful surroundings, excellent service and great recreational activities with no extra cost, such as scuba diving. The Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya, the Azul Beach Hotel by Karisma, the Sun Palace, the Beach Palace, El Dorado Seaside Suites, El Dorado Maroma by Karisma and the Beach Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa are in Paderson’s list of the highest-quality getaways in the region with great meal options for foodies.
If travellers are interested in going for high-end all inclusive holidays in Cancun at a truly luxurious venue, the Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya is a wonderful choice. Located just five minutes away from downtown Playa del Carmen, the hotel offers 5-star dining at any of its 15 restaurants and an excellent 24-hour butler concierge service. The Sun Palace and the Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico, are also gems among luxury all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean. Guests at the Sun Palace will enjoy a stocked minibar and a liquor dispenser with brand-name label whiskey, tequila, rum and vodka in their rooms, as well as the privilege to use the amenities at other nearby Palace resorts, meanwhile at the Beach Palace, guests will have a stunning view of Nichupte Lagoon and will be able indulge in the Jacuzzi tubs that can be found in all the hotel’s rooms.
The two Karisma properties earlier mentioned, have excellent seafood choices in their restaurants as well as great service. The Azul Beach Hotel with a popcorn room service for guests who want to stay in with a movie is more suitable for families, while El Dorado Maroma, with its excellent cuisine and beautiful white-sand beach, will be ideal for holidaymakers looking to relax. El Dorado Seaside Suites adults-only resort is a perfect getaway for honeymooners, which includes two swim-up bars and offers great spa treatments such as the Beachfront Sky Massage. Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, on the other hand, has excellent options for children such as scuba diving lessons, and a great waterpark. The hotel specialises in offering great food for guests who have certain allergies as well as vegans and vegetarians.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...