Ellen Paderson recommends the best resorts for gourmet all-inclusive holidays in the Caribbean
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, recently shared her tips for booking an all inclusive holiday with the best food at the resort guaranteed. Paderson, who has stayed at and judged several venues, now enlists the best locations to spend all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean.
The founder of Smiles and Miles Travel, Ellen Paderson, has recently shared some of her tips on booking an excellent all inclusive holiday for foodie and those concerned about the quality of food on an all inclusive meal plan. Paderson, who has made it her goal to search for the top Caribbean properties offering all inclusive service in recent years, can now enlist the best getaways for experiences the best all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean as well as the advantages of this type of holiday, sometimes rejected by travellers due to predisposition about the food, the activities or the price.
She points out that it’s much less stressful for guests, and makes it easier for them to relax, knowing that everything has been paid for in advance. By booking an all-inclusive trip, holidaymakers guarantee accommodations, meals, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), recreational service and gratuities. However, Paderson advises travellers to make sure they find out all the details before making a booking, since the concept of all inclusive is not always the same for all resorts.
“Travellers should ask their travel consultant to get to the bottom line to avoid surprises,” said Ellen Paderson “Of course, if you like trying local restaurants, exploring other locales off the resort, touring, etc., the all inclusive option removes much of the spontaneity that can make nice memories too.”
Nevertheless, many of these properties offer extras that aren’t included in the rate such as spa treatments, golf and baby-sitting. Paderson, who has been in the travel industry for over 20 years, has selected as her favourites what she considers to be the best all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean due to their fine culinary options, beautiful surroundings, excellent service and great recreational activities with no extra cost, such as scuba diving. The Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya, the Azul Beach Hotel by Karisma, the Sun Palace, the Beach Palace, El Dorado Seaside Suites, El Dorado Maroma by Karisma and the Beach Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa are in Paderson’s list of the highest-quality getaways in the region with great meal options for foodies.
If travellers are interested in going for high-end all inclusive holidays in Cancun at a truly luxurious venue, the Grand Velas Resort Riviera Maya is a wonderful choice. Located just five minutes away from downtown Playa del Carmen, the hotel offers 5-star dining at any of its 15 restaurants and an excellent 24-hour butler concierge service. The Sun Palace and the Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico, are also gems among luxury all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean. Guests at the Sun Palace will enjoy a stocked minibar and a liquor dispenser with brand-name label whiskey, tequila, rum and vodka in their rooms, as well as the privilege to use the amenities at other nearby Palace resorts, meanwhile at the Beach Palace, guests will have a stunning view of Nichupte Lagoon and will be able indulge in the Jacuzzi tubs that can be found in all the hotel’s rooms.
The two Karisma properties earlier mentioned, have excellent seafood choices in their restaurants as well as great service. The Azul Beach Hotel with a popcorn room service for guests who want to stay in with a movie is more suitable for families, while El Dorado Maroma, with its excellent cuisine and beautiful white-sand beach, will be ideal for holidaymakers looking to relax. El Dorado Seaside Suites adults-only resort is a perfect getaway for honeymooners, which includes two swim-up bars and offers great spa treatments such as the Beachfront Sky Massage. Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, on the other hand, has excellent options for children such as scuba diving lessons, and a great waterpark. The hotel specialises in offering great food for guests who have certain allergies as well as vegans and vegetarians.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...