Magical Cuba holidays for families as Circuba Festival Kicks off in Havana
For the delight of families that happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays in Havana over the next few days, the 2012 Circuba Festival officially kicks off today with a magnificent show at the Trompoloco Carp. The circus show will move to different locations in the capital city over the next few days before it goes on a full tour around all of Cuba, with the participation of acrobats and performers from all over Latin America and Europe.
Yesterday 22nd August a grand gala was held in Havana’s Karl Marx Theater as the 11th Circuba Festival 2012 officially kicked off with the participation of artists from as many as 16 different countries from all over Latin America and Europe.
Bringing the magic and excitement of circus spectacles to local families and tourists enjoying Cuba holidays in Havana alike, these competitive shows will be held at the Trompoloco Carp with special shows everyday starting today through to the 26th August 2012. On the final day special prizes will be awarded to the circus delegations from different countries and from then on the Circuba Festival will move to Santiago de Cuba, staging more shows until 2nd September where it will wrap up temporarily before it kicks off again with a national tour that’s the novelty of this year’s edition.
After that the circus will go on a a tour all around the country with stops in the cities of Sancti Spiritus, Ciego de Avila, Cienfuegos and Pinar del Rio from 4th to 30th September 2012 with shows planned in each of these provinces.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The show, which brings artists from Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela and France to entertain island nationals and visitors spending family holidays in Cuba will host various functions in Havana first, with venues including the Trompoloco Tent and the cabaret at the Nacional de Cuba hotel and the Riviera hotel.
For this year’s edition there will be a big representation from the Latin American continent. Clown Alan Pagnota will be representing Brazil—and the Unicirco company—along with juggler Briand Dresdner while the Colombian Carolina Ramirez will put together a stunning performance with aerial cloths. On the Mexican side there will also be Hector Wong and the clown Rulo.
To entertain the young and not so young in the audience, Canonazo and Tequila will come from El Salvador with their trained animals to perform a great show, and for the delight of the little ones in the family the famous Mesoamerican University from the Mexican Puebla state will return to Cuba with Tink Clown and a duet of acrobats in unicycles.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Giving tourists a great opportunity to enjoy the Latin American circus as part of their holidays to Cuba, from Peru the company Teatro del Desfuerzo will put on a great show while the Dominican Republic will perform in Circuba for the first time ever with another act of aerial cloths. Uruguay will also bring along its group, Mermejita Circus.
The circus delegation from Venezuela, participating in Cuba for the third year running, will present the audience with performances from El Sute clown, Circo Sur (funny juggling), Circo Social Mi Son (juggling with diabolos, a musical eccentric and a clown), and the National Circus Company (aerial wave, trapeze and juggling with diabolo).
Carpa Trompoloco (Trompoloco Carp), located in the western part of the capital city and main venue of the Festival competitions in Havana, will host the participation of the Argentinean delegation that is integrated by Medio Mundo Circus, which announces an act that will be a complete premiere in Cuba.
The award ceremony will be presided by a host of judges that will include: Germain Munoz – director of the Havana Circus company, Antonio Alvarez from Spain, Helmut Grosscurth from Germany, Wang Jingyu from China, Raoul Gibault from France, Heinrich Gasser from Switzerland, Laci Endresz from the United Kingdom and Oswaldo Garcia from Venezuela.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...