Magical Cuba holidays for families as Circuba Festival Kicks off in Havana
For the delight of families that happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays in Havana over the next few days, the 2012 Circuba Festival officially kicks off today with a magnificent show at the Trompoloco Carp. The circus show will move to different locations in the capital city over the next few days before it goes on a full tour around all of Cuba, with the participation of acrobats and performers from all over Latin America and Europe.
Yesterday 22nd August a grand gala was held in Havana’s Karl Marx Theater as the 11th Circuba Festival 2012 officially kicked off with the participation of artists from as many as 16 different countries from all over Latin America and Europe.
Bringing the magic and excitement of circus spectacles to local families and tourists enjoying Cuba holidays in Havana alike, these competitive shows will be held at the Trompoloco Carp with special shows everyday starting today through to the 26th August 2012. On the final day special prizes will be awarded to the circus delegations from different countries and from then on the Circuba Festival will move to Santiago de Cuba, staging more shows until 2nd September where it will wrap up temporarily before it kicks off again with a national tour that’s the novelty of this year’s edition.
After that the circus will go on a a tour all around the country with stops in the cities of Sancti Spiritus, Ciego de Avila, Cienfuegos and Pinar del Rio from 4th to 30th September 2012 with shows planned in each of these provinces.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The show, which brings artists from Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela and France to entertain island nationals and visitors spending family holidays in Cuba will host various functions in Havana first, with venues including the Trompoloco Tent and the cabaret at the Nacional de Cuba hotel and the Riviera hotel.
For this year’s edition there will be a big representation from the Latin American continent. Clown Alan Pagnota will be representing Brazil—and the Unicirco company—along with juggler Briand Dresdner while the Colombian Carolina Ramirez will put together a stunning performance with aerial cloths. On the Mexican side there will also be Hector Wong and the clown Rulo.
To entertain the young and not so young in the audience, Canonazo and Tequila will come from El Salvador with their trained animals to perform a great show, and for the delight of the little ones in the family the famous Mesoamerican University from the Mexican Puebla state will return to Cuba with Tink Clown and a duet of acrobats in unicycles.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Giving tourists a great opportunity to enjoy the Latin American circus as part of their holidays to Cuba, from Peru the company Teatro del Desfuerzo will put on a great show while the Dominican Republic will perform in Circuba for the first time ever with another act of aerial cloths. Uruguay will also bring along its group, Mermejita Circus.
The circus delegation from Venezuela, participating in Cuba for the third year running, will present the audience with performances from El Sute clown, Circo Sur (funny juggling), Circo Social Mi Son (juggling with diabolos, a musical eccentric and a clown), and the National Circus Company (aerial wave, trapeze and juggling with diabolo).
Carpa Trompoloco (Trompoloco Carp), located in the western part of the capital city and main venue of the Festival competitions in Havana, will host the participation of the Argentinean delegation that is integrated by Medio Mundo Circus, which announces an act that will be a complete premiere in Cuba.
The award ceremony will be presided by a host of judges that will include: Germain Munoz – director of the Havana Circus company, Antonio Alvarez from Spain, Helmut Grosscurth from Germany, Wang Jingyu from China, Raoul Gibault from France, Heinrich Gasser from Switzerland, Laci Endresz from the United Kingdom and Oswaldo Garcia from Venezuela.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...