Abu Dhabi hotel visitor numbers reach 1.2 million in first six months of 2012
Abu Dhabi's visitor numbers are continuing to rise and in the first six months of 2012, nearly 1.2 million tourists took Abu Dhabi holidays and stayed in hotels and hotel apartments throughout the United Arab Emirate. The figures were released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and show a nine per cent increase on the same period last year.
New figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority show that nearly 1.2 million international visitors stayed in Abu Dhabi during the first six months of 2012.
The data revealed that a total of 1,189,995 guests took Abu Dhabi holidays at hotels and hotel apartments across the Emirate, a figure that is up nine percent compared to the same period last year.
“This is a very encouraging performance which leaves us well on track to attain our yearly target of 2.3 million guests,” explained Mubarak Al Muhairi, the Director General of the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.
“The task ahead is to maintain the momentum but we are relatively confident of doing this as we look forward to a season ahead packed with major events, including the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Art and the planned November opening of Yas Waterworld – which will be the UAE’s largest water park – and will further heighten the entertainment proposition of Yas Island.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
In June this year, an impressive 205, 950 holidaymakers and business travellers stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels, which was a 17 per cent increase on the same month in 2011.
During holidays to Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions in the capital United Arab Emirate such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, sandy beaches, golf courses and lush green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The emirate has many upscale globally-branded Abu Dhabi hotels where visitors can enjoy luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi including Park Rotana, Kempinski, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt and Fairmont.
Every day, hundreds of international travellers pass through Abu Dhabi International Airport. The airport has received several awards over the last 12 months including the Airport Carbon Accredited status at the Mapping Level enabling it to be the first carbon accredited airport in the Middle East and North Africa region. Earlier this year, the airport was honoured with a golden award for Fast Travel after the Fast Travel programme was introduced to speed up services for passengers and reduce airline costs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...