Abu Dhabi hotel visitor numbers reach 1.2 million in first six months of 2012
Abu Dhabi's visitor numbers are continuing to rise and in the first six months of 2012, nearly 1.2 million tourists took Abu Dhabi holidays and stayed in hotels and hotel apartments throughout the United Arab Emirate. The figures were released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and show a nine per cent increase on the same period last year.
New figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority show that nearly 1.2 million international visitors stayed in Abu Dhabi during the first six months of 2012.
The data revealed that a total of 1,189,995 guests took Abu Dhabi holidays at hotels and hotel apartments across the Emirate, a figure that is up nine percent compared to the same period last year.
“This is a very encouraging performance which leaves us well on track to attain our yearly target of 2.3 million guests,” explained Mubarak Al Muhairi, the Director General of the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.
“The task ahead is to maintain the momentum but we are relatively confident of doing this as we look forward to a season ahead packed with major events, including the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Art and the planned November opening of Yas Waterworld – which will be the UAE’s largest water park – and will further heighten the entertainment proposition of Yas Island.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
In June this year, an impressive 205, 950 holidaymakers and business travellers stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels, which was a 17 per cent increase on the same month in 2011.
During holidays to Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions in the capital United Arab Emirate such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, sandy beaches, golf courses and lush green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The emirate has many upscale globally-branded Abu Dhabi hotels where visitors can enjoy luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi including Park Rotana, Kempinski, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt and Fairmont.
Every day, hundreds of international travellers pass through Abu Dhabi International Airport. The airport has received several awards over the last 12 months including the Airport Carbon Accredited status at the Mapping Level enabling it to be the first carbon accredited airport in the Middle East and North Africa region. Earlier this year, the airport was honoured with a golden award for Fast Travel after the Fast Travel programme was introduced to speed up services for passengers and reduce airline costs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...