Abu Dhabi hotel visitor numbers reach 1.2 million in first six months of 2012
Abu Dhabi's visitor numbers are continuing to rise and in the first six months of 2012, nearly 1.2 million tourists took Abu Dhabi holidays and stayed in hotels and hotel apartments throughout the United Arab Emirate. The figures were released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and show a nine per cent increase on the same period last year.
New figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority show that nearly 1.2 million international visitors stayed in Abu Dhabi during the first six months of 2012.
The data revealed that a total of 1,189,995 guests took Abu Dhabi holidays at hotels and hotel apartments across the Emirate, a figure that is up nine percent compared to the same period last year.
“This is a very encouraging performance which leaves us well on track to attain our yearly target of 2.3 million guests,” explained Mubarak Al Muhairi, the Director General of the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.
“The task ahead is to maintain the momentum but we are relatively confident of doing this as we look forward to a season ahead packed with major events, including the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Art and the planned November opening of Yas Waterworld – which will be the UAE’s largest water park – and will further heighten the entertainment proposition of Yas Island.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
In June this year, an impressive 205, 950 holidaymakers and business travellers stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels, which was a 17 per cent increase on the same month in 2011.
During holidays to Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions in the capital United Arab Emirate such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, sandy beaches, golf courses and lush green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The emirate has many upscale globally-branded Abu Dhabi hotels where visitors can enjoy luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi including Park Rotana, Kempinski, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt and Fairmont.
Every day, hundreds of international travellers pass through Abu Dhabi International Airport. The airport has received several awards over the last 12 months including the Airport Carbon Accredited status at the Mapping Level enabling it to be the first carbon accredited airport in the Middle East and North Africa region. Earlier this year, the airport was honoured with a golden award for Fast Travel after the Fast Travel programme was introduced to speed up services for passengers and reduce airline costs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Relax and rejeuvanate at the santuary of ESPA offering inspirational treatments, watch a high-speed race or simply relax on the beach of this unique hotel
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Take advantage and go on a walk on the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit
- Boasts easy access to Yas Beach and incredible sunset views from the Two Roof-Top Swimming Pools
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- unique shuttle boat to the famous souqs
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
The Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche is a stunning new property ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Enjoy beautiful...
Located at an altitude of 915 metres on Hafeet Mountain, this unique mountain oasis resort will make guests feel on top...