Usain Bolt expected to inspire and draw more travellers to book Jamaica holidays
The Jamaican Tourist Board has expressed confidence that the heightened popularity of the world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, will result in an increase in the number of travellers booking Jamaica holidays in the coming years. Bolt's awe-inspiring performances at the London 2012 Olympic Games coupled with his captivating personality make him an ideal ambassador for Jamaica and by extension the Caribbean.
With the world still on a high from the London 2012 Olympics, the awe-inspiring performance of the world’s fastest man Usain Bolt is still very much fresh in the mind of many. On the back of Bolt’s success, the Jamaican Tourist Board has expressed high hopes that his performance coupled with his captivating personality will result in a substantial increase to the number of travellers booking Jamaica holidays in the future.
Bolt walked away from the 2012 Olympic Games with a gold medal in the 100m, 200m, and 100x4m relay, making him the first man to successfully defend both the 100m and 200m titles at the Olympic Games and further cementing his place in history s one of the greatest athletes. Tourism Minister Wykeham McNeill stated, “Interest that has already been created by our sprint legends throughout the years has come to a crescendo with Usain Bolt's unique defense of the titles …The impact of Bolt's performance at the London Olympics will have an effect on the island for many years and will help us to attract more tourists”.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
With more than 700, 000 jobs in Jamaica said to be dependent on the tourism industry the island has a lot riding on the sprinting legend. However, Bolt is no stranger to playing ambassador to the Jamaica holidays industry as he anchored three promotional videos for the Jamaican Tourist Board back in 2010 - a year which, according to World Bank data, saw approximately 1,922,000 travellers visit the beautiful Caribbean island. With Bolt’s popularity now stronger than ever, many expect that he will have a similar impact to that of reggae legend Bob Marley.
Image by: Greg Ribotto, on Flickr
Undoubtedly, Bolt’s success has placed the Caribbean island of Jamaica firmly in the spotlight and the heightened interest in Jamaica is expected to translate to an increase in the popularity of holidays to Jamaica. The island’s beautiful sandy beaches and the many luxurious resorts in Jamaica will certainly make Bolt’s job easy with Jamaica already a popular Caribbean destination for holidaymakers worldwide.
Only time will tell if Bolt will be able to win over even more holidaymakers to Jamaica similar to the way he won the hearts of so many during his inspired Olympics performances.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...