Usain Bolt expected to inspire and draw more travellers to book Jamaica holidays
The Jamaican Tourist Board has expressed confidence that the heightened popularity of the world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, will result in an increase in the number of travellers booking Jamaica holidays in the coming years. Bolt's awe-inspiring performances at the London 2012 Olympic Games coupled with his captivating personality make him an ideal ambassador for Jamaica and by extension the Caribbean.
With the world still on a high from the London 2012 Olympics, the awe-inspiring performance of the world’s fastest man Usain Bolt is still very much fresh in the mind of many. On the back of Bolt’s success, the Jamaican Tourist Board has expressed high hopes that his performance coupled with his captivating personality will result in a substantial increase to the number of travellers booking Jamaica holidays in the future.
Bolt walked away from the 2012 Olympic Games with a gold medal in the 100m, 200m, and 100x4m relay, making him the first man to successfully defend both the 100m and 200m titles at the Olympic Games and further cementing his place in history s one of the greatest athletes. Tourism Minister Wykeham McNeill stated, “Interest that has already been created by our sprint legends throughout the years has come to a crescendo with Usain Bolt's unique defense of the titles …The impact of Bolt's performance at the London Olympics will have an effect on the island for many years and will help us to attract more tourists”.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
With more than 700, 000 jobs in Jamaica said to be dependent on the tourism industry the island has a lot riding on the sprinting legend. However, Bolt is no stranger to playing ambassador to the Jamaica holidays industry as he anchored three promotional videos for the Jamaican Tourist Board back in 2010 - a year which, according to World Bank data, saw approximately 1,922,000 travellers visit the beautiful Caribbean island. With Bolt’s popularity now stronger than ever, many expect that he will have a similar impact to that of reggae legend Bob Marley.
Image by: Greg Ribotto, on Flickr
Undoubtedly, Bolt’s success has placed the Caribbean island of Jamaica firmly in the spotlight and the heightened interest in Jamaica is expected to translate to an increase in the popularity of holidays to Jamaica. The island’s beautiful sandy beaches and the many luxurious resorts in Jamaica will certainly make Bolt’s job easy with Jamaica already a popular Caribbean destination for holidaymakers worldwide.
Only time will tell if Bolt will be able to win over even more holidaymakers to Jamaica similar to the way he won the hearts of so many during his inspired Olympics performances.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...