Costa Rica hotels voted among the world's best in Travel + Leisure awards
Costa Rica hotels and resorts have been voted among the favourites for Travel + Leisure readers in this year's World's Best Awards. Readers voted the Nayara Hotel Spa and Gardens as the best hotel for Costa Rica holidays with a score of 96.36 in the Central and South American region as well as ranking in sixth place in the best hotels in the world list.
The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine have voted Costa Rica hotels and resorts among the best in South and Central America and the rest of the world in the 2012 World’s Best Awards.
The magazine’s readers voted the Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens as a top favourite resort for Costa Rica holidays and gave it a top score of 96.36 in the South and Central America category. The hotel was also voted in sixth place among the best hotels in the world.
The voting categories included service, rooms, food, location and value for money and on all these categories Costa Rica hotels were voted among the favourites.
This is the first time in Travel + Leisure’s 17 years of publication that a Costa Rica hotel has made into the top 10 of the World’s Best Awards.
Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is located in La Fortuna de San Carlos, tucked away close to the Arenal Volcano.
The property offers a tranquil retreat for tourists going on holidays in Costa Rica and Travel + Leisure Magazine said: “The resort has views of the volcano, surrounded by a rainforest that bursts with Costa Rica’s trademark bright colours, whether it’s tropical flowers or vibrant creatures (like a blood red dragonfly). With a focus on romance and seclusion, the 50 casitas include private outdoor Jacuzzis and sheer curtains surrounding the four-poster beds.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many other hotels in Costa Rica were also recognised in this year’s awards including the Four Seasons Resort at Peninsula de Papagayo which was ranked in fourth place in the Central and South America category with a score of 91.83.
Readers highlighted the hotel’s excellent level of service and hospitality and variety of activities that could be enjoyed such as bird-watching, horse riding, and tours of coffee plantations.
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort in Playa Herradura received a score of 88.67 and Travel + Leisure readers voted it as an ideal place for golfing holidays to Costa Rica and family-friendly breaks. The hotel’s pool was described by the travel magazine as “a fantasy pool system of canals, bridges, islands, and swim-up bars, surrounded by lavish gardens, plentiful chaises, and attentive waiter service.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Hotel Kioro, in La Fortuna, Arenal made its debut on to the prestigious list and was given a score of 86.67 and eighth place on the list. Situated on 27 acres of lush land, the Costa Rica hotel was praised for its tasteful rooms, colourful artwork and restaurant with breathtaking volcano views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...