Costa Rica hotels voted among the world's best in Travel + Leisure awards
Costa Rica hotels and resorts have been voted among the favourites for Travel + Leisure readers in this year's World's Best Awards. Readers voted the Nayara Hotel Spa and Gardens as the best hotel for Costa Rica holidays with a score of 96.36 in the Central and South American region as well as ranking in sixth place in the best hotels in the world list.
The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine have voted Costa Rica hotels and resorts among the best in South and Central America and the rest of the world in the 2012 World’s Best Awards.
The magazine’s readers voted the Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens as a top favourite resort for Costa Rica holidays and gave it a top score of 96.36 in the South and Central America category. The hotel was also voted in sixth place among the best hotels in the world.
The voting categories included service, rooms, food, location and value for money and on all these categories Costa Rica hotels were voted among the favourites.
This is the first time in Travel + Leisure’s 17 years of publication that a Costa Rica hotel has made into the top 10 of the World’s Best Awards.
Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is located in La Fortuna de San Carlos, tucked away close to the Arenal Volcano.
The property offers a tranquil retreat for tourists going on holidays in Costa Rica and Travel + Leisure Magazine said: “The resort has views of the volcano, surrounded by a rainforest that bursts with Costa Rica’s trademark bright colours, whether it’s tropical flowers or vibrant creatures (like a blood red dragonfly). With a focus on romance and seclusion, the 50 casitas include private outdoor Jacuzzis and sheer curtains surrounding the four-poster beds.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many other hotels in Costa Rica were also recognised in this year’s awards including the Four Seasons Resort at Peninsula de Papagayo which was ranked in fourth place in the Central and South America category with a score of 91.83.
Readers highlighted the hotel’s excellent level of service and hospitality and variety of activities that could be enjoyed such as bird-watching, horse riding, and tours of coffee plantations.
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort in Playa Herradura received a score of 88.67 and Travel + Leisure readers voted it as an ideal place for golfing holidays to Costa Rica and family-friendly breaks. The hotel’s pool was described by the travel magazine as “a fantasy pool system of canals, bridges, islands, and swim-up bars, surrounded by lavish gardens, plentiful chaises, and attentive waiter service.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Hotel Kioro, in La Fortuna, Arenal made its debut on to the prestigious list and was given a score of 86.67 and eighth place on the list. Situated on 27 acres of lush land, the Costa Rica hotel was praised for its tasteful rooms, colourful artwork and restaurant with breathtaking volcano views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...