Costa Rica hotels voted among the world's best in Travel + Leisure awards
Costa Rica hotels and resorts have been voted among the favourites for Travel + Leisure readers in this year's World's Best Awards. Readers voted the Nayara Hotel Spa and Gardens as the best hotel for Costa Rica holidays with a score of 96.36 in the Central and South American region as well as ranking in sixth place in the best hotels in the world list.
The readers of Travel + Leisure magazine have voted Costa Rica hotels and resorts among the best in South and Central America and the rest of the world in the 2012 World’s Best Awards.
The magazine’s readers voted the Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens as a top favourite resort for Costa Rica holidays and gave it a top score of 96.36 in the South and Central America category. The hotel was also voted in sixth place among the best hotels in the world.
The voting categories included service, rooms, food, location and value for money and on all these categories Costa Rica hotels were voted among the favourites.
This is the first time in Travel + Leisure’s 17 years of publication that a Costa Rica hotel has made into the top 10 of the World’s Best Awards.
Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is located in La Fortuna de San Carlos, tucked away close to the Arenal Volcano.
The property offers a tranquil retreat for tourists going on holidays in Costa Rica and Travel + Leisure Magazine said: “The resort has views of the volcano, surrounded by a rainforest that bursts with Costa Rica’s trademark bright colours, whether it’s tropical flowers or vibrant creatures (like a blood red dragonfly). With a focus on romance and seclusion, the 50 casitas include private outdoor Jacuzzis and sheer curtains surrounding the four-poster beds.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many other hotels in Costa Rica were also recognised in this year’s awards including the Four Seasons Resort at Peninsula de Papagayo which was ranked in fourth place in the Central and South America category with a score of 91.83.
Readers highlighted the hotel’s excellent level of service and hospitality and variety of activities that could be enjoyed such as bird-watching, horse riding, and tours of coffee plantations.
Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort in Playa Herradura received a score of 88.67 and Travel + Leisure readers voted it as an ideal place for golfing holidays to Costa Rica and family-friendly breaks. The hotel’s pool was described by the travel magazine as “a fantasy pool system of canals, bridges, islands, and swim-up bars, surrounded by lavish gardens, plentiful chaises, and attentive waiter service.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Hotel Kioro, in La Fortuna, Arenal made its debut on to the prestigious list and was given a score of 86.67 and eighth place on the list. Situated on 27 acres of lush land, the Costa Rica hotel was praised for its tasteful rooms, colourful artwork and restaurant with breathtaking volcano views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...