Occidental Hotels and Resorts sponsors golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic
The seventh "Trophy 12" Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in Santo Domingo this year. The exciting event was a wonderful distraction for the many hotel guests that were enjoying golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The exciting “Occidental Trophy 12” annual Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in the Dominican Republic. This amazing event, organised by the Madrid-based hotel company, is part of the world-famous Central American Inter-Club Golf Tournament which has taken place in various Latin American countries such as: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. By making Santo Domingo the proud host of the tournament in 2012, Occidental Hotels and Resorts endeavoured to promote golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The Golf Channel followed every moment of the thrilling competition, where some of the top amateur players in the world participated. Many executives, diplomats, and friends of Occidental hotels gathered at the stunning La Romana Country Club in Santo Domingo, which boasts some of the best golf courses in the Dominican Republic, and took pleasure in watching over a hundred golfers have fun while they tested their skills in the game.
A fun treat for the enthusiastic competitors was a glamorous Gala, where a lucky golfer won a relaxing week at the Dye Villas, an exclusive hotel which is part of the RCI Registry Collection in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA. This prize was a generous donation from RCI and Occidental Vacation Club. Luis Namnum, President of Occidental Vacation Club, stated he was very happy with the way the event had gone. “We were glad to be co-sponsors once again,” he said “125 players participated and the course proved challenging and terrifically satisfying at the same time. Each year the event grows and it´s always a great time. We were especially grateful to RCI for donating one of the top prizes.”
The “Occidental Trophy 12” Golf Tournament is the seventh event of its kind, and is part of the Infoglof America International Circuit, which began in 1998. This event was originally organised by Occidental´s Vacation Club´s parent company, which owns 11 all-inclusive resorts that have over 23, 000 members. Some of these amazing resorts are located in Aruba, Mexico, Costa Rica and of course, the Dominican Republic. Occidental Vacation Club´s properties in the Caribbean country are among the highest-quality golf resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Occidental Hotels and Resorts and Occidental Vacation Club worked very hard for the realisation of the event as well as for the promotion of their venues. Although their main goal was to promote golfing getaways in Latin America, they also intended encourage more people to take Dominican Republic holidays in their resorts and clubs. The Occidental Vacation Club´s venues will not only be terrific for golf- lovers, but for all types of visitors, as they feature limitless meals and snacks, a la carte dining in specialty restaurants including unlimited alcoholic beverages. The opportunity to do sports(tennis on a lighted court, water polo, aqua aerobics and kayaking) and use the fitness centre will be also be given to the client, as well as access to the supervised Kids Club (from ages 4-12) and nightly shows and live entertainments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...