Occidental Hotels and Resorts sponsors golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic
The seventh "Trophy 12" Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in Santo Domingo this year. The exciting event was a wonderful distraction for the many hotel guests that were enjoying golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The exciting “Occidental Trophy 12” annual Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in the Dominican Republic. This amazing event, organised by the Madrid-based hotel company, is part of the world-famous Central American Inter-Club Golf Tournament which has taken place in various Latin American countries such as: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. By making Santo Domingo the proud host of the tournament in 2012, Occidental Hotels and Resorts endeavoured to promote golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The Golf Channel followed every moment of the thrilling competition, where some of the top amateur players in the world participated. Many executives, diplomats, and friends of Occidental hotels gathered at the stunning La Romana Country Club in Santo Domingo, which boasts some of the best golf courses in the Dominican Republic, and took pleasure in watching over a hundred golfers have fun while they tested their skills in the game.
A fun treat for the enthusiastic competitors was a glamorous Gala, where a lucky golfer won a relaxing week at the Dye Villas, an exclusive hotel which is part of the RCI Registry Collection in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA. This prize was a generous donation from RCI and Occidental Vacation Club. Luis Namnum, President of Occidental Vacation Club, stated he was very happy with the way the event had gone. “We were glad to be co-sponsors once again,” he said “125 players participated and the course proved challenging and terrifically satisfying at the same time. Each year the event grows and it´s always a great time. We were especially grateful to RCI for donating one of the top prizes.”
The “Occidental Trophy 12” Golf Tournament is the seventh event of its kind, and is part of the Infoglof America International Circuit, which began in 1998. This event was originally organised by Occidental´s Vacation Club´s parent company, which owns 11 all-inclusive resorts that have over 23, 000 members. Some of these amazing resorts are located in Aruba, Mexico, Costa Rica and of course, the Dominican Republic. Occidental Vacation Club´s properties in the Caribbean country are among the highest-quality golf resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Occidental Hotels and Resorts and Occidental Vacation Club worked very hard for the realisation of the event as well as for the promotion of their venues. Although their main goal was to promote golfing getaways in Latin America, they also intended encourage more people to take Dominican Republic holidays in their resorts and clubs. The Occidental Vacation Club´s venues will not only be terrific for golf- lovers, but for all types of visitors, as they feature limitless meals and snacks, a la carte dining in specialty restaurants including unlimited alcoholic beverages. The opportunity to do sports(tennis on a lighted court, water polo, aqua aerobics and kayaking) and use the fitness centre will be also be given to the client, as well as access to the supervised Kids Club (from ages 4-12) and nightly shows and live entertainments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...