Occidental Hotels and Resorts sponsors golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic
The seventh "Trophy 12" Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in Santo Domingo this year. The exciting event was a wonderful distraction for the many hotel guests that were enjoying golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The exciting “Occidental Trophy 12” annual Golf Tournament, sponsored by Occidental Hotels and Resorts, was recently held in the Dominican Republic. This amazing event, organised by the Madrid-based hotel company, is part of the world-famous Central American Inter-Club Golf Tournament which has taken place in various Latin American countries such as: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. By making Santo Domingo the proud host of the tournament in 2012, Occidental Hotels and Resorts endeavoured to promote golfing holidays in the Dominican Republic.
The Golf Channel followed every moment of the thrilling competition, where some of the top amateur players in the world participated. Many executives, diplomats, and friends of Occidental hotels gathered at the stunning La Romana Country Club in Santo Domingo, which boasts some of the best golf courses in the Dominican Republic, and took pleasure in watching over a hundred golfers have fun while they tested their skills in the game.
A fun treat for the enthusiastic competitors was a glamorous Gala, where a lucky golfer won a relaxing week at the Dye Villas, an exclusive hotel which is part of the RCI Registry Collection in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA. This prize was a generous donation from RCI and Occidental Vacation Club. Luis Namnum, President of Occidental Vacation Club, stated he was very happy with the way the event had gone. “We were glad to be co-sponsors once again,” he said “125 players participated and the course proved challenging and terrifically satisfying at the same time. Each year the event grows and it´s always a great time. We were especially grateful to RCI for donating one of the top prizes.”
The “Occidental Trophy 12” Golf Tournament is the seventh event of its kind, and is part of the Infoglof America International Circuit, which began in 1998. This event was originally organised by Occidental´s Vacation Club´s parent company, which owns 11 all-inclusive resorts that have over 23, 000 members. Some of these amazing resorts are located in Aruba, Mexico, Costa Rica and of course, the Dominican Republic. Occidental Vacation Club´s properties in the Caribbean country are among the highest-quality golf resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Occidental Hotels and Resorts and Occidental Vacation Club worked very hard for the realisation of the event as well as for the promotion of their venues. Although their main goal was to promote golfing getaways in Latin America, they also intended encourage more people to take Dominican Republic holidays in their resorts and clubs. The Occidental Vacation Club´s venues will not only be terrific for golf- lovers, but for all types of visitors, as they feature limitless meals and snacks, a la carte dining in specialty restaurants including unlimited alcoholic beverages. The opportunity to do sports(tennis on a lighted court, water polo, aqua aerobics and kayaking) and use the fitness centre will be also be given to the client, as well as access to the supervised Kids Club (from ages 4-12) and nightly shows and live entertainments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...