The best of Jamaica's local cuisine showcased at 13th annual Epicurean Escape
Next November Jamaica will host a culinary extravaganza like no other with the 13th Epicurean Escape, a food festival that will showcase the best of local Jamaican cuisine, giving those on Jamaica holidays the opportunity to sample the country's finest dishes, drinks and entertainment.
Inviting visitors from the world over to sample the tasty delights of authentic Jamaican cuisine, next November will see Jamaica host the 13th annual Jamaica Epicurean Escape (JEE), an event that gives participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in a world of gourmet delicacies, local history and lively entertainment.
Offering visitors with a culinary preview of what makes a Jamaica holiday so exciting in terms of the culinary experiences to be had, the event will be taking place over a course of three days and the international food festival will display mouthwatering dishes presented by top celebrity chefs and accompanied by a fine selection of premium wines. First class entertainment will also be provided thorughout the event to evoke Jamaica’s vibrant, colourful and dynamic culture. The event takes even more significance in 2012 as this is the year in which Jamaica celebrates its 50th year of Independence.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
The Richmond Estate in Priory, St Ann, near the popular beach holiday resort of Ocho Rios, will be hosting the event which will kick off with a grand opening ceremony and a special charity dinner to be held on Thursday, 22nd November, which will coincide with Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Along with a wide array of mouth-watering dishes by top-ranked chefs, this gastronomic extravaganza will feature top-shelf wines, sidewalk cafes, mixology and cooking demonstrations, competitions, giveaways and late night parties. Additionally, the main attraction will be a grand tasting tent. Those lucky enough to enjoying Jamaica holidays during the culinary event will get to sample the best of Jamaican fare as a great addition to the overal holiday experience.
November holds other surprises in the Jamaican calendar as also in this month the 7th annual Restaurant Week, Jamaica will offer tourists and locals alike the opportunity to experience “adventures in tastes for less.” The 7-day culinary festivity, traking place from 13th to 20th November, will serve up Jamaica’s tastiest food fare at discounted prices of up to 50 percent off at participating restaurants in Kingston, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
In addition to this, the 2012 CB Pan Chicken Championship returns on Sunday, November 18. Following a series of exciting regional competitions and events, the first and second place winners from each parish will compete in a cook off for the championship title.
The finals will take place on Ocean Boulevard in the historic downtown Kingston. Courtesy of Churches Co-operative Credit Union (CCCU), the winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize of over half a million Jamaican dollars for being awarded Jamaica's most creative jerk chicken chef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...