The best of Jamaica's local cuisine showcased at 13th annual Epicurean Escape
Next November Jamaica will host a culinary extravaganza like no other with the 13th Epicurean Escape, a food festival that will showcase the best of local Jamaican cuisine, giving those on Jamaica holidays the opportunity to sample the country's finest dishes, drinks and entertainment.
Inviting visitors from the world over to sample the tasty delights of authentic Jamaican cuisine, next November will see Jamaica host the 13th annual Jamaica Epicurean Escape (JEE), an event that gives participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in a world of gourmet delicacies, local history and lively entertainment.
Offering visitors with a culinary preview of what makes a Jamaica holiday so exciting in terms of the culinary experiences to be had, the event will be taking place over a course of three days and the international food festival will display mouthwatering dishes presented by top celebrity chefs and accompanied by a fine selection of premium wines. First class entertainment will also be provided thorughout the event to evoke Jamaica’s vibrant, colourful and dynamic culture. The event takes even more significance in 2012 as this is the year in which Jamaica celebrates its 50th year of Independence.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
The Richmond Estate in Priory, St Ann, near the popular beach holiday resort of Ocho Rios, will be hosting the event which will kick off with a grand opening ceremony and a special charity dinner to be held on Thursday, 22nd November, which will coincide with Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Along with a wide array of mouth-watering dishes by top-ranked chefs, this gastronomic extravaganza will feature top-shelf wines, sidewalk cafes, mixology and cooking demonstrations, competitions, giveaways and late night parties. Additionally, the main attraction will be a grand tasting tent. Those lucky enough to enjoying Jamaica holidays during the culinary event will get to sample the best of Jamaican fare as a great addition to the overal holiday experience.
November holds other surprises in the Jamaican calendar as also in this month the 7th annual Restaurant Week, Jamaica will offer tourists and locals alike the opportunity to experience “adventures in tastes for less.” The 7-day culinary festivity, traking place from 13th to 20th November, will serve up Jamaica’s tastiest food fare at discounted prices of up to 50 percent off at participating restaurants in Kingston, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
In addition to this, the 2012 CB Pan Chicken Championship returns on Sunday, November 18. Following a series of exciting regional competitions and events, the first and second place winners from each parish will compete in a cook off for the championship title.
The finals will take place on Ocean Boulevard in the historic downtown Kingston. Courtesy of Churches Co-operative Credit Union (CCCU), the winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize of over half a million Jamaican dollars for being awarded Jamaica's most creative jerk chicken chef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...