Kura Design Villas to Provide Eco-Friendly Lucy Costa Rica Holidays from November 2012
Tourists who are planning Costa Roca holidays later this year will be able to stay at the brand new Kura Design Villas. Located near the town of Uvita, the hillside property on the Pacific coast has been designed to protect the local environment and provide a luxurious experience for holidaymakers within stunning natural surroundings.
Two Costa Ricans have fulfilled their dream to design luxury eco-friendly accommodation on a mountain ridge in the heart of the rainforest near Uvita in Costa Rica.
Kura Design Villas will be open to tourists planning to go on Costa Rica holidays from November, 2012 and the hotel has been designed by Martin Wells, an architect, and Alejandra Umana, a biologist.
The boutique property features six hillside villas and during holidays to Costa Rica, guests can relax within a luxurious open-plan environment and enjoy modern amenities such as free wireless internet, mini-bar and wine cellar, binoculars, iPad, espresso coffee machine, double rainforest shower with ocean views, air conditioning and a private balcony with glass veranda and views looking out to the Pacific Ocean.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
“We wanted to prove that being ‘eco’ does not mean we can’t offer beautiful design and elegant hospitality, even if we are deep in the heart of the rainforest on top of a mountain,” explained Wells. “Each Villa has been designed to encourage our guests to interact with nature in a very authentic way – we hope they want to spend as much time indoors watching the nature that surrounds them, as much as they want to be outside exploring.”
The villas have been furnished using bamboo and teak wood and the property preserves energy and water by using solar panels, solar water heaters, rain water collection systems, energy efficient fans, and LED lighting.
Tourists planning holidays in Costa Rica at the new villa will be able to savour delicious local cuisine in the Costa Rica hotel’s restaurant; refresh with a fruity cocktail in the Diablitos while enjoying views of the whale tail sandbar and the ocean; cool off from the heat and take a dip in the salt water infinity pool; or relax in the Sky Lounge where they can marvel at the starry skies and 360 degree views of the lush rainforest.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Managed by Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality, the eco-friendly Costa Rica hotel is great for romantic escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons due to its picturesque jungle environment and close proximity to some of the country’s most beautiful beaches.
Adrenalin-seekers will have access to exciting activities such as white-water rafting, zip-lining, waterfall rappelling, surfing, and kayaking, while naturists will be able to enjoy whale watching and tours to Marino Ballena National Park and Caño Island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...