Kura Design Villas to Provide Eco-Friendly Lucy Costa Rica Holidays from November 2012
Tourists who are planning Costa Roca holidays later this year will be able to stay at the brand new Kura Design Villas. Located near the town of Uvita, the hillside property on the Pacific coast has been designed to protect the local environment and provide a luxurious experience for holidaymakers within stunning natural surroundings.
Two Costa Ricans have fulfilled their dream to design luxury eco-friendly accommodation on a mountain ridge in the heart of the rainforest near Uvita in Costa Rica.
Kura Design Villas will be open to tourists planning to go on Costa Rica holidays from November, 2012 and the hotel has been designed by Martin Wells, an architect, and Alejandra Umana, a biologist.
The boutique property features six hillside villas and during holidays to Costa Rica, guests can relax within a luxurious open-plan environment and enjoy modern amenities such as free wireless internet, mini-bar and wine cellar, binoculars, iPad, espresso coffee machine, double rainforest shower with ocean views, air conditioning and a private balcony with glass veranda and views looking out to the Pacific Ocean.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
“We wanted to prove that being ‘eco’ does not mean we can’t offer beautiful design and elegant hospitality, even if we are deep in the heart of the rainforest on top of a mountain,” explained Wells. “Each Villa has been designed to encourage our guests to interact with nature in a very authentic way – we hope they want to spend as much time indoors watching the nature that surrounds them, as much as they want to be outside exploring.”
The villas have been furnished using bamboo and teak wood and the property preserves energy and water by using solar panels, solar water heaters, rain water collection systems, energy efficient fans, and LED lighting.
Tourists planning holidays in Costa Rica at the new villa will be able to savour delicious local cuisine in the Costa Rica hotel’s restaurant; refresh with a fruity cocktail in the Diablitos while enjoying views of the whale tail sandbar and the ocean; cool off from the heat and take a dip in the salt water infinity pool; or relax in the Sky Lounge where they can marvel at the starry skies and 360 degree views of the lush rainforest.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Managed by Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality, the eco-friendly Costa Rica hotel is great for romantic escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons due to its picturesque jungle environment and close proximity to some of the country’s most beautiful beaches.
Adrenalin-seekers will have access to exciting activities such as white-water rafting, zip-lining, waterfall rappelling, surfing, and kayaking, while naturists will be able to enjoy whale watching and tours to Marino Ballena National Park and Caño Island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...