Kura Design Villas to Provide Eco-Friendly Lucy Costa Rica Holidays from November 2012
Tourists who are planning Costa Roca holidays later this year will be able to stay at the brand new Kura Design Villas. Located near the town of Uvita, the hillside property on the Pacific coast has been designed to protect the local environment and provide a luxurious experience for holidaymakers within stunning natural surroundings.
Two Costa Ricans have fulfilled their dream to design luxury eco-friendly accommodation on a mountain ridge in the heart of the rainforest near Uvita in Costa Rica.
Kura Design Villas will be open to tourists planning to go on Costa Rica holidays from November, 2012 and the hotel has been designed by Martin Wells, an architect, and Alejandra Umana, a biologist.
The boutique property features six hillside villas and during holidays to Costa Rica, guests can relax within a luxurious open-plan environment and enjoy modern amenities such as free wireless internet, mini-bar and wine cellar, binoculars, iPad, espresso coffee machine, double rainforest shower with ocean views, air conditioning and a private balcony with glass veranda and views looking out to the Pacific Ocean.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
“We wanted to prove that being ‘eco’ does not mean we can’t offer beautiful design and elegant hospitality, even if we are deep in the heart of the rainforest on top of a mountain,” explained Wells. “Each Villa has been designed to encourage our guests to interact with nature in a very authentic way – we hope they want to spend as much time indoors watching the nature that surrounds them, as much as they want to be outside exploring.”
The villas have been furnished using bamboo and teak wood and the property preserves energy and water by using solar panels, solar water heaters, rain water collection systems, energy efficient fans, and LED lighting.
Tourists planning holidays in Costa Rica at the new villa will be able to savour delicious local cuisine in the Costa Rica hotel’s restaurant; refresh with a fruity cocktail in the Diablitos while enjoying views of the whale tail sandbar and the ocean; cool off from the heat and take a dip in the salt water infinity pool; or relax in the Sky Lounge where they can marvel at the starry skies and 360 degree views of the lush rainforest.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Managed by Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality, the eco-friendly Costa Rica hotel is great for romantic escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons due to its picturesque jungle environment and close proximity to some of the country’s most beautiful beaches.
Adrenalin-seekers will have access to exciting activities such as white-water rafting, zip-lining, waterfall rappelling, surfing, and kayaking, while naturists will be able to enjoy whale watching and tours to Marino Ballena National Park and Caño Island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...