Centara Plans to Open Two Sri Lanka Hotels in Time for High Season
Centara Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be opening two new hotels in Sri Lanka before high season begins this year. The luxury Thai hotel chain will be opening the new Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa in Passikudah and Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa in Bentota to tourists taking Sri Lanka holidays before November, 2012.
The luxury Thai hotel group, Centara Hotels and Resorts, has announced that it will be adding two new hotels to its portfolio of deluxe Sri Lankan properties with the launch of the Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa and the Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa at Bentota in Sri Lanka.
The hotel group said that they are planning to open the new hotels in time for the high season this year. The high season runs from November to January and travellers from all over the world take Sri Lanka holidays during this period.
The Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa, Sri Lanka is situated on the Paradise Island peninsula at Bentota, with the sparkling Indian Ocean and a soft sandy beach to one side and the Bentota River on the other.
The property is only accessible by ferry and it has 166 guest rooms including Superior, Deluxe, Deluxe Pool Access, Suites and Family Residences.
The Sri Lanka hotel’s facilities include gourmet restaurants serving Sri Lankan, Asian, international, and seafood dishes and the Ceylon Club where guests can sample the famous Ceylonese tea and relax within comfortable surroundings. During holidays in Sri Lanka, tourists can also enjoy evening dinner cruises up and down the Bentota River.
The resort’s Spa Cenvaree has six treatment rooms that are designed for both singles and couples, and while parents enjoy a pampering treatment, their children can enjoy fun activities at the hotel’s Kids’ Club.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa is located on Passikudah Beach, which is famous for its long coastline and shallow waters that are perfect for windsurfing, kayaking and swimming.
The 126 rooms include Superior, Deluxe, Premium Deluxe, Suites and Family Residences and the hotel is catered for business travellers and travellers going on holidays to Sri Lanka.
The hotel’s restaurant options include the Spice Market Restaurant and Elements, with its interactive cooking stations and freshly prepared Asian, Indian and Middle-Eastern dishes, and an all-day restaurant and sophisticated bar lounge.
Facilities at the Sri Lanka hotel include a modern fitness centre, a Kid’s Club, Spa Cenvaree, and a variety of meeting and event rooms including the Vandeloos Bay Ballroom which can be used for conferences, wedding receptions and formal dinners.
“These two superb hotels mark our debut in Sri Lanka, a market that we feel holds great promise for us,” commented Thirayuth Chirathivat, the Chief Executive Officer of Centara Hotels & Resorts. “They are an important stage in our development strategy for the Indian Ocean.”
Centara Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel chain in Thailand which offers a range of luxury properties across the country in cities and towns including Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Udon Thani, Samui, Koh Pha Ngan, Phuket, Rayong, Trat & Koh Kood, Hat Yai, Chiang Mai, Mae Sot, and Krabi, as well as international properties in the Maldives, Himalaya Mountains, and Sokhna on the north coast of the Red Sea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...