The Holiday Place sponsored this year's Barnardo's Big Toddle 2012 Event
Yesterday The Holiday Place proudly sponsored one of its staff member's two children on the annual Big Toddle Race, which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and whose main purpose was to raise money for Barnardo's an important UK-based charity that supports disadvantaged children.
Supporting UK-based charity Barnardo's which helps disadvantaged children all over the country, The Holiday Place proudly sponsored yesterday's annual Big Toddle 2012 race event with the participation of two children from one staff member, Gareth Howells.
Evie Howells, 2, and Fleur Howells, 9 months, encouraged by their father, a senior travel advisor, and the whole team at The Holiday Place, participated in the toddler race which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and which saw the eldest of the two finish last and the younger one falling asleep. The two little stars helped raise a total of £253 for Barnardo's Big Toddle, the UK's biggest charity event for children under 5.
Each year around half a million children prepare to participate in the charity race and this year's Superhero-themed race saw many parents, nurseries and groups organising their own toddle race to raise funds to help fund Barnardo's vital work with Britain's most vulnerable toddlers. This year a total of £24,000 has been raised so far, an amount that will be devoted to giving disadvantaged and disabled toddlers the childhood they deserve.
The sponsored race is a short walk of around 100 yards and takes place throughout the year, although most organised events tend to take place between June and July. Anyone can set up a Big Toddle Race group at any time of year and organise their own event to help raise funds for the charity's important projects, such as the Heshima Family Support Centre in South London, which works with local toddlers and their families offering therapy work for children with behavioural problems and day care support for "at risk" children. The project also organises "stay and play" sessions for toddlers, supports parents of children with disabilities and provides a range of services to the local community including a baby clinic and sessions for new parents.
The Holiday Place is a UK-based tour operator and travel specialist in Cuba holidays, tailor-made holidays and luxury holidays for discerning travellers. With over 25 years of experience and dedication to providing travellers with the best value deals in exotic destinations, they have a long-standing reputation as one of the UK's top independent travel companies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...