The Holiday Place sponsored this year's Barnardo's Big Toddle 2012 Event
Yesterday The Holiday Place proudly sponsored one of its staff member's two children on the annual Big Toddle Race, which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and whose main purpose was to raise money for Barnardo's an important UK-based charity that supports disadvantaged children.
Supporting UK-based charity Barnardo's which helps disadvantaged children all over the country, The Holiday Place proudly sponsored yesterday's annual Big Toddle 2012 race event with the participation of two children from one staff member, Gareth Howells.
Evie Howells, 2, and Fleur Howells, 9 months, encouraged by their father, a senior travel advisor, and the whole team at The Holiday Place, participated in the toddler race which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and which saw the eldest of the two finish last and the younger one falling asleep. The two little stars helped raise a total of £253 for Barnardo's Big Toddle, the UK's biggest charity event for children under 5.
Each year around half a million children prepare to participate in the charity race and this year's Superhero-themed race saw many parents, nurseries and groups organising their own toddle race to raise funds to help fund Barnardo's vital work with Britain's most vulnerable toddlers. This year a total of £24,000 has been raised so far, an amount that will be devoted to giving disadvantaged and disabled toddlers the childhood they deserve.
The sponsored race is a short walk of around 100 yards and takes place throughout the year, although most organised events tend to take place between June and July. Anyone can set up a Big Toddle Race group at any time of year and organise their own event to help raise funds for the charity's important projects, such as the Heshima Family Support Centre in South London, which works with local toddlers and their families offering therapy work for children with behavioural problems and day care support for "at risk" children. The project also organises "stay and play" sessions for toddlers, supports parents of children with disabilities and provides a range of services to the local community including a baby clinic and sessions for new parents.
The Holiday Place is a UK-based tour operator and travel specialist in Cuba holidays, tailor-made holidays and luxury holidays for discerning travellers. With over 25 years of experience and dedication to providing travellers with the best value deals in exotic destinations, they have a long-standing reputation as one of the UK's top independent travel companies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...