The Holiday Place sponsored this year's Barnardo's Big Toddle 2012 Event
Yesterday The Holiday Place proudly sponsored one of its staff member's two children on the annual Big Toddle Race, which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and whose main purpose was to raise money for Barnardo's an important UK-based charity that supports disadvantaged children.
Supporting UK-based charity Barnardo's which helps disadvantaged children all over the country, The Holiday Place proudly sponsored yesterday's annual Big Toddle 2012 race event with the participation of two children from one staff member, Gareth Howells.
Evie Howells, 2, and Fleur Howells, 9 months, encouraged by their father, a senior travel advisor, and the whole team at The Holiday Place, participated in the toddler race which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and which saw the eldest of the two finish last and the younger one falling asleep. The two little stars helped raise a total of £253 for Barnardo's Big Toddle, the UK's biggest charity event for children under 5.
Each year around half a million children prepare to participate in the charity race and this year's Superhero-themed race saw many parents, nurseries and groups organising their own toddle race to raise funds to help fund Barnardo's vital work with Britain's most vulnerable toddlers. This year a total of £24,000 has been raised so far, an amount that will be devoted to giving disadvantaged and disabled toddlers the childhood they deserve.
The sponsored race is a short walk of around 100 yards and takes place throughout the year, although most organised events tend to take place between June and July. Anyone can set up a Big Toddle Race group at any time of year and organise their own event to help raise funds for the charity's important projects, such as the Heshima Family Support Centre in South London, which works with local toddlers and their families offering therapy work for children with behavioural problems and day care support for "at risk" children. The project also organises "stay and play" sessions for toddlers, supports parents of children with disabilities and provides a range of services to the local community including a baby clinic and sessions for new parents.
The Holiday Place is a UK-based tour operator and travel specialist in Cuba holidays, tailor-made holidays and luxury holidays for discerning travellers. With over 25 years of experience and dedication to providing travellers with the best value deals in exotic destinations, they have a long-standing reputation as one of the UK's top independent travel companies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...