The Holiday Place sponsored this year's Barnardo's Big Toddle 2012 Event
Yesterday The Holiday Place proudly sponsored one of its staff member's two children on the annual Big Toddle Race, which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and whose main purpose was to raise money for Barnardo's an important UK-based charity that supports disadvantaged children.
Supporting UK-based charity Barnardo's which helps disadvantaged children all over the country, The Holiday Place proudly sponsored yesterday's annual Big Toddle 2012 race event with the participation of two children from one staff member, Gareth Howells.
Evie Howells, 2, and Fleur Howells, 9 months, encouraged by their father, a senior travel advisor, and the whole team at The Holiday Place, participated in the toddler race which took place in Chadwell Heath Park and which saw the eldest of the two finish last and the younger one falling asleep. The two little stars helped raise a total of £253 for Barnardo's Big Toddle, the UK's biggest charity event for children under 5.
Each year around half a million children prepare to participate in the charity race and this year's Superhero-themed race saw many parents, nurseries and groups organising their own toddle race to raise funds to help fund Barnardo's vital work with Britain's most vulnerable toddlers. This year a total of £24,000 has been raised so far, an amount that will be devoted to giving disadvantaged and disabled toddlers the childhood they deserve.
The sponsored race is a short walk of around 100 yards and takes place throughout the year, although most organised events tend to take place between June and July. Anyone can set up a Big Toddle Race group at any time of year and organise their own event to help raise funds for the charity's important projects, such as the Heshima Family Support Centre in South London, which works with local toddlers and their families offering therapy work for children with behavioural problems and day care support for "at risk" children. The project also organises "stay and play" sessions for toddlers, supports parents of children with disabilities and provides a range of services to the local community including a baby clinic and sessions for new parents.
The Holiday Place is a UK-based tour operator and travel specialist in Cuba holidays, tailor-made holidays and luxury holidays for discerning travellers. With over 25 years of experience and dedication to providing travellers with the best value deals in exotic destinations, they have a long-standing reputation as one of the UK's top independent travel companies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...