Barcelo Group closes two all inclusive Cuba hotels
The Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Group has recently announced that it will close two of its all inclusive Cuba hotels. As a result of the divestment Barcelo's presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four star resorts on the Caribbean island both of which are located on the same property- The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort. The decision taken by Barcelo has raised concerns that the group will be pulling out of Cuba entirely, however, management gave its assurances to contrary.
Management of the popular Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Hotels and Resorts have announced the ceasing of administration of two of its five-star all inclusive Cuba hotels. The announcement sparked fears that the hotel group is planning to exit the Caribbean island altogether, however the management at Barcelo remained adamant that they are committed to the island and are even looking into opening up new Barcelo hotels in Cuba. “Our idea is to continue very actively in Cuba and, in fact, we are analyzing projects for new hotels to incorporate” - a statement from Barcelo read.
Following the announcement, Barcelo’s presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four-star hotels; the 525-room Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort and the 358-room Barcelo Arenas Blancas. Both of these luxurious all inclusive Cuba hotels are located on the same property at Varadero Beach and together the property is known as the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort a favourite spot for travellers looking for fun all inclusive Cuba holidays for the whole family.
Image by: barcelohotels&resorts, on Flickr
The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort is the ideal option for families planning holidays in Cuba because of its many child-friendly facilities, including a children’s playground and fun activities for guests of all ages. At the the resort parents can be reassured that while they can enjoy a wide range of activities their little ones will not be left out of the fun. The facilities available at the resort include:
- Three outdoor swimming pool s- the ideal spot to soak up the warm Caribbean sun
- Two Jacuzzis
- A children’s club for youngsters aged between 4-12
- A games room
- A children’s playground
- A state of the art fitness centre
- Diving lessons for beginners delivered in the swimming pool
- Non-motorised water sports including kayaking, snorkelling, pedal boating and windsurfing
- A range of indoor and outdoor sports including tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, darts, shuffleboard, dance classes, water polo, water basketball and archery.
Boasting four buffet style restaurants the dining experience at the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort offers something to suit all palates including Italian, Spanish and traditional Cuban cuisine. As part of the all inclusive packages guest will have access to unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurants during opening hours as well as snacks at all three swimming pool bars and a wide selection of drinks across all the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
With so much on offer and a real commitment to customer service there is no doubt that the growing Cuba holiday industry needs more hotels like the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort and the Spanish hotelier is sure to follow up with newer resorts.
The hotels which Barcelo has stopped managing in Cuba are the Barcelo Marina Palace Beach Resort & Cayo Libertad and the Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...