Barcelo Group closes two all inclusive Cuba hotels
The Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Group has recently announced that it will close two of its all inclusive Cuba hotels. As a result of the divestment Barcelo's presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four star resorts on the Caribbean island both of which are located on the same property- The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort. The decision taken by Barcelo has raised concerns that the group will be pulling out of Cuba entirely, however, management gave its assurances to contrary.
Management of the popular Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Hotels and Resorts have announced the ceasing of administration of two of its five-star all inclusive Cuba hotels. The announcement sparked fears that the hotel group is planning to exit the Caribbean island altogether, however the management at Barcelo remained adamant that they are committed to the island and are even looking into opening up new Barcelo hotels in Cuba. “Our idea is to continue very actively in Cuba and, in fact, we are analyzing projects for new hotels to incorporate” - a statement from Barcelo read.
Following the announcement, Barcelo’s presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four-star hotels; the 525-room Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort and the 358-room Barcelo Arenas Blancas. Both of these luxurious all inclusive Cuba hotels are located on the same property at Varadero Beach and together the property is known as the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort a favourite spot for travellers looking for fun all inclusive Cuba holidays for the whole family.
Image by: barcelohotels&resorts, on Flickr
The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort is the ideal option for families planning holidays in Cuba because of its many child-friendly facilities, including a children’s playground and fun activities for guests of all ages. At the the resort parents can be reassured that while they can enjoy a wide range of activities their little ones will not be left out of the fun. The facilities available at the resort include:
- Three outdoor swimming pool s- the ideal spot to soak up the warm Caribbean sun
- Two Jacuzzis
- A children’s club for youngsters aged between 4-12
- A games room
- A children’s playground
- A state of the art fitness centre
- Diving lessons for beginners delivered in the swimming pool
- Non-motorised water sports including kayaking, snorkelling, pedal boating and windsurfing
- A range of indoor and outdoor sports including tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, darts, shuffleboard, dance classes, water polo, water basketball and archery.
Boasting four buffet style restaurants the dining experience at the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort offers something to suit all palates including Italian, Spanish and traditional Cuban cuisine. As part of the all inclusive packages guest will have access to unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurants during opening hours as well as snacks at all three swimming pool bars and a wide selection of drinks across all the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
With so much on offer and a real commitment to customer service there is no doubt that the growing Cuba holiday industry needs more hotels like the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort and the Spanish hotelier is sure to follow up with newer resorts.
The hotels which Barcelo has stopped managing in Cuba are the Barcelo Marina Palace Beach Resort & Cayo Libertad and the Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...