Barcelo Group closes two all inclusive Cuba hotels
The Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Group has recently announced that it will close two of its all inclusive Cuba hotels. As a result of the divestment Barcelo's presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four star resorts on the Caribbean island both of which are located on the same property- The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort. The decision taken by Barcelo has raised concerns that the group will be pulling out of Cuba entirely, however, management gave its assurances to contrary.
Management of the popular Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Hotels and Resorts have announced the ceasing of administration of two of its five-star all inclusive Cuba hotels. The announcement sparked fears that the hotel group is planning to exit the Caribbean island altogether, however the management at Barcelo remained adamant that they are committed to the island and are even looking into opening up new Barcelo hotels in Cuba. “Our idea is to continue very actively in Cuba and, in fact, we are analyzing projects for new hotels to incorporate” - a statement from Barcelo read.
Following the announcement, Barcelo’s presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four-star hotels; the 525-room Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort and the 358-room Barcelo Arenas Blancas. Both of these luxurious all inclusive Cuba hotels are located on the same property at Varadero Beach and together the property is known as the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort a favourite spot for travellers looking for fun all inclusive Cuba holidays for the whole family.
Image by: barcelohotels&resorts, on Flickr
The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort is the ideal option for families planning holidays in Cuba because of its many child-friendly facilities, including a children’s playground and fun activities for guests of all ages. At the the resort parents can be reassured that while they can enjoy a wide range of activities their little ones will not be left out of the fun. The facilities available at the resort include:
- Three outdoor swimming pool s- the ideal spot to soak up the warm Caribbean sun
- Two Jacuzzis
- A children’s club for youngsters aged between 4-12
- A games room
- A children’s playground
- A state of the art fitness centre
- Diving lessons for beginners delivered in the swimming pool
- Non-motorised water sports including kayaking, snorkelling, pedal boating and windsurfing
- A range of indoor and outdoor sports including tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, darts, shuffleboard, dance classes, water polo, water basketball and archery.
Boasting four buffet style restaurants the dining experience at the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort offers something to suit all palates including Italian, Spanish and traditional Cuban cuisine. As part of the all inclusive packages guest will have access to unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurants during opening hours as well as snacks at all three swimming pool bars and a wide selection of drinks across all the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
With so much on offer and a real commitment to customer service there is no doubt that the growing Cuba holiday industry needs more hotels like the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort and the Spanish hotelier is sure to follow up with newer resorts.
The hotels which Barcelo has stopped managing in Cuba are the Barcelo Marina Palace Beach Resort & Cayo Libertad and the Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...