Barcelo Group closes two all inclusive Cuba hotels
The Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Group has recently announced that it will close two of its all inclusive Cuba hotels. As a result of the divestment Barcelo's presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four star resorts on the Caribbean island both of which are located on the same property- The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort. The decision taken by Barcelo has raised concerns that the group will be pulling out of Cuba entirely, however, management gave its assurances to contrary.
Management of the popular Spanish hotel firm Barcelo Hotels and Resorts have announced the ceasing of administration of two of its five-star all inclusive Cuba hotels. The announcement sparked fears that the hotel group is planning to exit the Caribbean island altogether, however the management at Barcelo remained adamant that they are committed to the island and are even looking into opening up new Barcelo hotels in Cuba. “Our idea is to continue very actively in Cuba and, in fact, we are analyzing projects for new hotels to incorporate” - a statement from Barcelo read.
Following the announcement, Barcelo’s presence in Cuba will now be limited to two four-star hotels; the 525-room Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort and the 358-room Barcelo Arenas Blancas. Both of these luxurious all inclusive Cuba hotels are located on the same property at Varadero Beach and together the property is known as the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort a favourite spot for travellers looking for fun all inclusive Cuba holidays for the whole family.
Image by: barcelohotels&resorts, on Flickr
The Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort is the ideal option for families planning holidays in Cuba because of its many child-friendly facilities, including a children’s playground and fun activities for guests of all ages. At the the resort parents can be reassured that while they can enjoy a wide range of activities their little ones will not be left out of the fun. The facilities available at the resort include:
- Three outdoor swimming pool s- the ideal spot to soak up the warm Caribbean sun
- Two Jacuzzis
- A children’s club for youngsters aged between 4-12
- A games room
- A children’s playground
- A state of the art fitness centre
- Diving lessons for beginners delivered in the swimming pool
- Non-motorised water sports including kayaking, snorkelling, pedal boating and windsurfing
- A range of indoor and outdoor sports including tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, darts, shuffleboard, dance classes, water polo, water basketball and archery.
Boasting four buffet style restaurants the dining experience at the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort offers something to suit all palates including Italian, Spanish and traditional Cuban cuisine. As part of the all inclusive packages guest will have access to unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurants during opening hours as well as snacks at all three swimming pool bars and a wide selection of drinks across all the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
With so much on offer and a real commitment to customer service there is no doubt that the growing Cuba holiday industry needs more hotels like the Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort and the Spanish hotelier is sure to follow up with newer resorts.
The hotels which Barcelo has stopped managing in Cuba are the Barcelo Marina Palace Beach Resort & Cayo Libertad and the Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...