Fearne Cotton Escapes Dismal British Weather and Takes Barbados Holiday with Boyfriend
BBC Radio 1 presenter and TV personality Fearne Cotton has been enjoying Barbados holidays with her boyfriend Jesse Wood. The pair was pictured soaking up the sunshine on a white sand beach on the Caribbean island shortly after Fearne presented the BBC coverage of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee last month.
Fearne Cotton picked the Caribbean island of Barbados to enjoy some sunshine with her boyfriend after presenting the coverage of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in June.
The BBC radio and TV presenter was pictured frolicking in the sea during relaxing Barbados holidays with her boyfriend Jesse Wood, the son of the Rolling Stones’ guitarist, Ronnie Wood.
The couple have been dating since last summer and looked very much in love as they were pictured enjoying some timeout on a white sandy beach in Barbados.
The Radio 1 presenter was criticised for her coverage of the Diamond Jubilee after 2,400 members of the public complained to the BBC when Fearne and singer Paloma Faith talked about a jubilee-themed sick bag during the TV programme.
Shortly after, Fearne received abusive messages on Twitter to which she replied that she loved her job and she worked hard.
Barbados is a fantastic destination to escape the stress and strains of everyday life and is home to some of the world’s most stunning pink sand beaches, warm turquoise ocean waters, luxurious beachfront Barbados hotels, and a wonderful tropical climate.
The Caribbean island is also a hotspot for many celebrities and TV stars including Ulrika Johnson and Ray Quinn who both got married on the island within the last year.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The island is the homeland of pop star Rihanna and famous faces including Simon Cowell, Cliff Richards, and Michael Winner all have luxury residences here and take regular holidays to Barbados.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela, and is one of the leading destinations for Caribbean holidays.
During holidays in Barbados, tourists can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marines species; hike through lush nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shop in boutiques and traditional markets; and visit the charming towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
There are plenty of water sports to enjoy such as sailing, surfing fishing and windsurfing, or holidaymakers can relax on the soft sandy beaches and soak up the Caribbean sunshine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...