Etihad Airways Breaks Record with 65,000 Flight Bookings in One Day
Abu Dhabi's national air carrier, Etihad Airways, recorded its highest ever number of bookings made in one day on 11th June after 65,000 people booked Abu Dhabi holidays and flights to destinations all over the world. The figure broke the airline's previous bookings record, which was achieved on 13th January this year, by 13 per cent.
Etihad Airways broke a new record last month after travellers booked 65,000 flights with the Abu Dhabi-based airline, in just one day,
The record was broken as thousands of passengers booked fights for Abu Dhabi holidays and destinations all over the world on 11th June, 2012, beating the previous record which was made on 13th January, 2012, by 13 per cent.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi recorded its highest number of booking made over a four-day period between 14th and 17th June, 2012, and nearly 2,900 combined bookings for Diamond First and Pearl Business Class flights were also booked on 17th June.
Etihad Airways' President and Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, commented: "Etihad Airways is experiencing exceptional demand for flights across our network for this weekend and into the summer. We are delighted to have broken our own records for flights bookings and will look to raise the bar further over the coming months.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
"The Etihad Airways network and aircraft fleet has expanded greatly in the past 12 months and we are delighted to offer customers flights and world class services to short, medium and long haul destinations. This flight demand will continue to grow and we urge our customers to book their summer travel quickly to avoid disappointment."
In addition to operating routes for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways also provides routes for Dubai holidays and flights to 73 destinations across the world including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, the United States, China, Japan, India, the Middle East, Thailand, South Africa and the Seychelles.
After a global media campaign was launched at the beginning of June this year, new media records have been broken including 876,000 views on YouTube of the English version of the “Why Etihad” television advert, and 1.5 million views of all of its video content on the airline’s YouTube channel.
This summer, Etihad will operate 1,262 flights to Abu Dhabi and major global cities every week with 280,498 seats available, which is a 14 per cent increase compared to the 1,106 flights last summer.
In 2011, the air carrier transported 8.3 million passengers to their global destinations on its fleet or aircraft that includes 66 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. One hundred more aircraft are on order including 10 Airbus A380s, the world’s largest aircraft.
Etihad Airways has been bringing tourists to their holidays in Abu Dhabi since 2003 and the airline is also the official sponsor of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix until 2015.
At the 2011 World Travel Awards, Etihad Airways was voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...