Continued growth predicted for luxury all inclusive holidays
A recent GfK Ascent report on the all inclusive holiday industry commissioned by Club Med has indicated that not only is there an overall growth in this sector but that premium all inclusive holidays would double in the next five years. Managing director, Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics hailed the findings as an "exceptional opportunity" for his firm which is already one of the most reputable providers of all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations.
Club Med, best known for its all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations, recently announced the results of their latest commissioned report on the all inclusive holiday industry, conducted by GfK Ascent. The report highlighted several positive trends in this sector which accounted for an impressive 3.1 million out of a total of 10.4 million holidaymakers in 2011. Notably, all inclusive getaways grew by nine per cent over the course of the 2010/11 winter period and 11 per cent in summer 2011.
However, what would have undoubtedly come as even better news to officials at Club Med was the report’s prediction that the number of holidaymakers booking luxury all inclusive holiday packages stand to double over the course of the next five years. Already there was considerable growth observed in this niche market in 2011 with a 15 per cent increase in the number of premium all inclusive holiday bookings during winter 2010/11 and a 24 per cent growth for this sector during summer 2011.
The beauty of all inclusive packages lies not only in the fact that most all inclusive resorts are like a destination themselves with many holidaymakers admitting to hardly stepping a foot outside the confines of their lavish resort, but even more importantly all inclusive packages provide a sense of financial control. With the costs of food, accommodation and drinks fixed and known in advance travellers have the ability to pre-budget and plan the luxury all inclusive holiday of their dreams with the peace of mind of knowing that at the end of it they won’t be caught by surprise with an exorbitant bill.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr, on Flickr
Managing director of Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics Laurent de Chorivit stated, “In a challenging economic environment, it is not unusual to witness new trends and habits emerge. This report was commissioned to help us understand better our consumers and also examine the potential of the UK holiday market. The research show that the premium all-inclusive market will double in the next five years - an exceptional opportunity for Club Med”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...