Continued growth predicted for luxury all inclusive holidays
A recent GfK Ascent report on the all inclusive holiday industry commissioned by Club Med has indicated that not only is there an overall growth in this sector but that premium all inclusive holidays would double in the next five years. Managing director, Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics hailed the findings as an "exceptional opportunity" for his firm which is already one of the most reputable providers of all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations.
Club Med, best known for its all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations, recently announced the results of their latest commissioned report on the all inclusive holiday industry, conducted by GfK Ascent. The report highlighted several positive trends in this sector which accounted for an impressive 3.1 million out of a total of 10.4 million holidaymakers in 2011. Notably, all inclusive getaways grew by nine per cent over the course of the 2010/11 winter period and 11 per cent in summer 2011.
However, what would have undoubtedly come as even better news to officials at Club Med was the report’s prediction that the number of holidaymakers booking luxury all inclusive holiday packages stand to double over the course of the next five years. Already there was considerable growth observed in this niche market in 2011 with a 15 per cent increase in the number of premium all inclusive holiday bookings during winter 2010/11 and a 24 per cent growth for this sector during summer 2011.
The beauty of all inclusive packages lies not only in the fact that most all inclusive resorts are like a destination themselves with many holidaymakers admitting to hardly stepping a foot outside the confines of their lavish resort, but even more importantly all inclusive packages provide a sense of financial control. With the costs of food, accommodation and drinks fixed and known in advance travellers have the ability to pre-budget and plan the luxury all inclusive holiday of their dreams with the peace of mind of knowing that at the end of it they won’t be caught by surprise with an exorbitant bill.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr, on Flickr
Managing director of Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics Laurent de Chorivit stated, “In a challenging economic environment, it is not unusual to witness new trends and habits emerge. This report was commissioned to help us understand better our consumers and also examine the potential of the UK holiday market. The research show that the premium all-inclusive market will double in the next five years - an exceptional opportunity for Club Med”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...