Continued growth predicted for luxury all inclusive holidays
A recent GfK Ascent report on the all inclusive holiday industry commissioned by Club Med has indicated that not only is there an overall growth in this sector but that premium all inclusive holidays would double in the next five years. Managing director, Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics hailed the findings as an "exceptional opportunity" for his firm which is already one of the most reputable providers of all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations.
Club Med, best known for its all inclusive holidays in the Caribbean and other exotic locations, recently announced the results of their latest commissioned report on the all inclusive holiday industry, conducted by GfK Ascent. The report highlighted several positive trends in this sector which accounted for an impressive 3.1 million out of a total of 10.4 million holidaymakers in 2011. Notably, all inclusive getaways grew by nine per cent over the course of the 2010/11 winter period and 11 per cent in summer 2011.
However, what would have undoubtedly come as even better news to officials at Club Med was the report’s prediction that the number of holidaymakers booking luxury all inclusive holiday packages stand to double over the course of the next five years. Already there was considerable growth observed in this niche market in 2011 with a 15 per cent increase in the number of premium all inclusive holiday bookings during winter 2010/11 and a 24 per cent growth for this sector during summer 2011.
The beauty of all inclusive packages lies not only in the fact that most all inclusive resorts are like a destination themselves with many holidaymakers admitting to hardly stepping a foot outside the confines of their lavish resort, but even more importantly all inclusive packages provide a sense of financial control. With the costs of food, accommodation and drinks fixed and known in advance travellers have the ability to pre-budget and plan the luxury all inclusive holiday of their dreams with the peace of mind of knowing that at the end of it they won’t be caught by surprise with an exorbitant bill.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr, on Flickr
Managing director of Club Med UK, South Africa and Nordics Laurent de Chorivit stated, “In a challenging economic environment, it is not unusual to witness new trends and habits emerge. This report was commissioned to help us understand better our consumers and also examine the potential of the UK holiday market. The research show that the premium all-inclusive market will double in the next five years - an exceptional opportunity for Club Med”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...