15th Dubai Summer Surprises Festival in Full Swing
The annual Dubai Summer Surprises festival is in full swing after its successful opening ceremony earlier this month. Now in its 15th year, this theme for 2012 is "Dubai. Summer Fun and More" and thousands of local residents and travellers taking Dubai holidays are enjoying a wide range of activities including competitions, discounts, store promotions, music, entertainment and parades.
The 15th edition of the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) festival is currently underway in the emirate and visitors were treated to a spectacular opening ceremony on 14th June, 2012.
Thousands of local residents and tourists taking Dubai holidays are joining in with the month-long celebrations and during the opening ceremony at Modhesh World at Dubai World Trade Centre, they enjoyed impressive acrobatic shows, laser displays and a fantastic parade at Hall Number 6 of the trade centre.
The annual festival is aimed towards families planning holidays to Dubai and the event also attracts thousands of local residents and visitors of all ages.
Dubai Summer Surprises runs from 14th June to 14th July, 2012 and during the festivities, holidaymakers can enjoy entertainment including, live music, parades, puppet shows, exhibitions, sports and games, competitions, discounts, store promotions, raffles and much more.
Younger visitors can watch stage cartoon shows including The Smurfs, Hello Kitty, Barbie, Sponge Bob, Ice Age, Charlie and Lola, and Teletubbies.
Over 6,000 retail outlets participate in the event by offering special promotions, prize giveaways, or discounts to customers.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists who are looking to indulge during their holidays in Dubai can take advantage of the Dubai Spas Promotion where premium spas in the emirate such as Spa Zen, The Rixos Royal Spa, Softouch Spa, and Amara Spa are offering a wide range of discounts on pampering treatments and services.
The annual festival is organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) and is aimed at families taking luxury holidays across the GCC. The summer event also helps increase occupancy levels for Dubai hotels during their “weaker” tourist season.
The first Dubai Summer Surprises took place in 1998 and attracted 600,000 visitors who spent Dh850 million. Last year, the festival recorded four million visitors and they spent Dh8.8 billion during the month-long event.
Visitors will have the chance to win a selection of prizes during a Dubai holidays, including a Nissan Patrol and AED 150,000 in cash in the weekly DSS Grand Raffle; weekly prizes at the Festival Centre such as AED 50,000 DFC gift vouchers and a grand prize of a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited; and an Emirates Airline return economy ticket to any Emirates Airline destination in the weekly MasterCard joint-promotion.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...