15th Dubai Summer Surprises Festival in Full Swing
The annual Dubai Summer Surprises festival is in full swing after its successful opening ceremony earlier this month. Now in its 15th year, this theme for 2012 is "Dubai. Summer Fun and More" and thousands of local residents and travellers taking Dubai holidays are enjoying a wide range of activities including competitions, discounts, store promotions, music, entertainment and parades.
The 15th edition of the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) festival is currently underway in the emirate and visitors were treated to a spectacular opening ceremony on 14th June, 2012.
Thousands of local residents and tourists taking Dubai holidays are joining in with the month-long celebrations and during the opening ceremony at Modhesh World at Dubai World Trade Centre, they enjoyed impressive acrobatic shows, laser displays and a fantastic parade at Hall Number 6 of the trade centre.
The annual festival is aimed towards families planning holidays to Dubai and the event also attracts thousands of local residents and visitors of all ages.
Dubai Summer Surprises runs from 14th June to 14th July, 2012 and during the festivities, holidaymakers can enjoy entertainment including, live music, parades, puppet shows, exhibitions, sports and games, competitions, discounts, store promotions, raffles and much more.
Younger visitors can watch stage cartoon shows including The Smurfs, Hello Kitty, Barbie, Sponge Bob, Ice Age, Charlie and Lola, and Teletubbies.
Over 6,000 retail outlets participate in the event by offering special promotions, prize giveaways, or discounts to customers.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists who are looking to indulge during their holidays in Dubai can take advantage of the Dubai Spas Promotion where premium spas in the emirate such as Spa Zen, The Rixos Royal Spa, Softouch Spa, and Amara Spa are offering a wide range of discounts on pampering treatments and services.
The annual festival is organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) and is aimed at families taking luxury holidays across the GCC. The summer event also helps increase occupancy levels for Dubai hotels during their “weaker” tourist season.
The first Dubai Summer Surprises took place in 1998 and attracted 600,000 visitors who spent Dh850 million. Last year, the festival recorded four million visitors and they spent Dh8.8 billion during the month-long event.
Visitors will have the chance to win a selection of prizes during a Dubai holidays, including a Nissan Patrol and AED 150,000 in cash in the weekly DSS Grand Raffle; weekly prizes at the Festival Centre such as AED 50,000 DFC gift vouchers and a grand prize of a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited; and an Emirates Airline return economy ticket to any Emirates Airline destination in the weekly MasterCard joint-promotion.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...