Four Seasons set to become the ultimate luxury Barbados hotel thanks to a $55 million IDB loan
The Inter-American Development Bank recently announced the approval of a $55 million loan towards completing construction at the Four Seasons' luxury Barbados hotel where work was halted in 2009 as the group ran out of financing for the project. Upon completion the Four Seasons Barbados is set to be the top hotel choice for anyone planning a luxury Barbados holiday.
On 27th May 2012 the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) announced the approval of a $55 million loan to build the Four Season’s new luxury Barbados hotel. The loan has undoubtedly breathed new life into the construction of the hotel which was stalled at the peak of the global economic downturn in 2009 as financing ran out.
According to the IDB news release, the funds will serve to boost the tourism industry in the Caribbean island and will be used towards the “construction of a new environment-friendly hotel, a project that will create jobs, engage small and medium-sized companies as suppliers, and adopt international best practice in water conservation and energy efficiency”
As well as holding the potential of being the best hotel for any traveller hoping to enjoy luxury Barbados holidays, the new Four Seasons Barbados is set to create as many as 725 jobs during the construction and operation phases. Additionally, local manufacturers, craftsmen and artists will have the opportunity to provide furniture and other artistic items for the hotel and once up and running the local talent will also be able to showcase their work in the hotel’s gift shop.
Similarly, the Four Seasons Barbados has committed itself to purchasing produce from local farmers; all these factors underscore the hotel brand’s commitment to providing a unique opportunity for the Barbadian community to be a part of one of the most decadent hotels in Barbados.
Image by: Barbados Tourism, on Flickr
The Four Seasons Barbados has also shown its commitment to giving back to the local community by reducing its demand on local water supplies. The hotel plans to use harvested rainwater as well as hotel grey water for irrigation as well as in the fire suppression system making this the ideal choice for eco conscious travellers hoping to strike a balance between the idyllic luxury Barbados holiday of their dreams and a green ethic.
Avinasg Persaud the government appointed overseer for the construction of the Four Seasons Barbados, has stated that he is close to securing a further $120 million in funds from a range of other sources in addition to the $55 million IDB loan; all of which should be good news for the Barbadian community.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...