Caribbean Airlines Launches New Flights to the Caribbean from London Gatwick
Over the past week, Caribbean Airlines has added several new flights to take passengers to more Caribbean holiday destinations with the launch of the service between London Gatwick Airport and Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago. The four weekly direct flights commenced on 14th June and the non-direct thrice-weekly service that will travel via Bridgetown in Barbados started on 16th June.
Over the last week Caribbean Airlines launched several new flights to the tropical island nation of Trinidad and Tobago from London Gatwick Airport .
Travellers will now have daily flights to choose from when booking Caribbean holidays in Trinidad and Tobago as the airline launched its four-weekly direct service to Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday 14th June and a thrice-weekly service via Bridgetown in Barbados on Saturday 16th June.
The new Trinidad and Tobago flights will be operating to and from Gatwick Airport in London with the use of Boeing 767-300ER aircraft which offer state-of-the-art cabins with in-seat power and video, as well as flatbed seats in business class.
Image by: tallguyuk, on Flickr
The new direct flights to Trinidad and Tobago will depart London Gatwick Airport at 11.50am local time on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and the returning Trinidad and Tobago flights will depart Piarco International Airport at 7.10pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Gatwick Airport’s Chief Commercial Officer, Guy Stephenson, stated: “We are delighted to welcome Caribbean Airlines and its passengers to our airport today. This non-stop service will not only be welcomed by business travellers with links to the economic hub of Trinidad but also with holiday makers wanting to soak up the Caribbean sun and vibrant culture this destination offers.”
Caribbean Airlines is the national carrier of Trinidad and Tobago and it provides numerous flight options for holidays to the Caribbean with destinations including St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Jamaica, Grenada, the Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago.
Mr Robert Corbie, the Caribbean Airlines Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We are extremely happy to announce the start-up of our service from Gatwick to Piarco International Airport as our flights will provide a vital link between London and the Caribbean.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Trinidad and Tobago is a twin-island nation situated in the south Caribbean, 10km off the coast of Venezuela. Tobago is located 33km northeast of Trinidad and both islands are popular tourist destinations.
During holidays in Tobago or Trinidad, visitors can relax on pristine palm-fringed beaches, hike up the lush green mountains and rolling hills, explore the colourful coral reefs, and party at the vibrant carnivals and annual events such as Divali, the Hindu festival of lights, or the Tobago Heritage Festival.
The islands boast stunning attractions including the natural coral reef of Buccoo Reef, Caroni Bird Sanctuary, the Emperor Valley Zoo, Botanical Gardens, and Fort George.
Holidaymakers can choose from an assortment of luxury Trinidad and Tobago hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, and vibrant bars and nightclubs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...