Caribbean Airlines Launches New Flights to the Caribbean from London Gatwick
Over the past week, Caribbean Airlines has added several new flights to take passengers to more Caribbean holiday destinations with the launch of the service between London Gatwick Airport and Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago. The four weekly direct flights commenced on 14th June and the non-direct thrice-weekly service that will travel via Bridgetown in Barbados started on 16th June.
Over the last week Caribbean Airlines launched several new flights to the tropical island nation of Trinidad and Tobago from London Gatwick Airport .
Travellers will now have daily flights to choose from when booking Caribbean holidays in Trinidad and Tobago as the airline launched its four-weekly direct service to Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday 14th June and a thrice-weekly service via Bridgetown in Barbados on Saturday 16th June.
The new Trinidad and Tobago flights will be operating to and from Gatwick Airport in London with the use of Boeing 767-300ER aircraft which offer state-of-the-art cabins with in-seat power and video, as well as flatbed seats in business class.
Image by: tallguyuk, on Flickr
The new direct flights to Trinidad and Tobago will depart London Gatwick Airport at 11.50am local time on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and the returning Trinidad and Tobago flights will depart Piarco International Airport at 7.10pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Gatwick Airport’s Chief Commercial Officer, Guy Stephenson, stated: “We are delighted to welcome Caribbean Airlines and its passengers to our airport today. This non-stop service will not only be welcomed by business travellers with links to the economic hub of Trinidad but also with holiday makers wanting to soak up the Caribbean sun and vibrant culture this destination offers.”
Caribbean Airlines is the national carrier of Trinidad and Tobago and it provides numerous flight options for holidays to the Caribbean with destinations including St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Jamaica, Grenada, the Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago.
Mr Robert Corbie, the Caribbean Airlines Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We are extremely happy to announce the start-up of our service from Gatwick to Piarco International Airport as our flights will provide a vital link between London and the Caribbean.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Trinidad and Tobago is a twin-island nation situated in the south Caribbean, 10km off the coast of Venezuela. Tobago is located 33km northeast of Trinidad and both islands are popular tourist destinations.
During holidays in Tobago or Trinidad, visitors can relax on pristine palm-fringed beaches, hike up the lush green mountains and rolling hills, explore the colourful coral reefs, and party at the vibrant carnivals and annual events such as Divali, the Hindu festival of lights, or the Tobago Heritage Festival.
The islands boast stunning attractions including the natural coral reef of Buccoo Reef, Caroni Bird Sanctuary, the Emperor Valley Zoo, Botanical Gardens, and Fort George.
Holidaymakers can choose from an assortment of luxury Trinidad and Tobago hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, and vibrant bars and nightclubs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...