Caribbean Airlines Launches New Flights to the Caribbean from London Gatwick
Over the past week, Caribbean Airlines has added several new flights to take passengers to more Caribbean holiday destinations with the launch of the service between London Gatwick Airport and Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago. The four weekly direct flights commenced on 14th June and the non-direct thrice-weekly service that will travel via Bridgetown in Barbados started on 16th June.
Over the last week Caribbean Airlines launched several new flights to the tropical island nation of Trinidad and Tobago from London Gatwick Airport .
Travellers will now have daily flights to choose from when booking Caribbean holidays in Trinidad and Tobago as the airline launched its four-weekly direct service to Piarco International Airport, Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday 14th June and a thrice-weekly service via Bridgetown in Barbados on Saturday 16th June.
The new Trinidad and Tobago flights will be operating to and from Gatwick Airport in London with the use of Boeing 767-300ER aircraft which offer state-of-the-art cabins with in-seat power and video, as well as flatbed seats in business class.
Image by: tallguyuk, on Flickr
The new direct flights to Trinidad and Tobago will depart London Gatwick Airport at 11.50am local time on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and the returning Trinidad and Tobago flights will depart Piarco International Airport at 7.10pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Gatwick Airport’s Chief Commercial Officer, Guy Stephenson, stated: “We are delighted to welcome Caribbean Airlines and its passengers to our airport today. This non-stop service will not only be welcomed by business travellers with links to the economic hub of Trinidad but also with holiday makers wanting to soak up the Caribbean sun and vibrant culture this destination offers.”
Caribbean Airlines is the national carrier of Trinidad and Tobago and it provides numerous flight options for holidays to the Caribbean with destinations including St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Jamaica, Grenada, the Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago.
Mr Robert Corbie, the Caribbean Airlines Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We are extremely happy to announce the start-up of our service from Gatwick to Piarco International Airport as our flights will provide a vital link between London and the Caribbean.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Trinidad and Tobago is a twin-island nation situated in the south Caribbean, 10km off the coast of Venezuela. Tobago is located 33km northeast of Trinidad and both islands are popular tourist destinations.
During holidays in Tobago or Trinidad, visitors can relax on pristine palm-fringed beaches, hike up the lush green mountains and rolling hills, explore the colourful coral reefs, and party at the vibrant carnivals and annual events such as Divali, the Hindu festival of lights, or the Tobago Heritage Festival.
The islands boast stunning attractions including the natural coral reef of Buccoo Reef, Caroni Bird Sanctuary, the Emperor Valley Zoo, Botanical Gardens, and Fort George.
Holidaymakers can choose from an assortment of luxury Trinidad and Tobago hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, and vibrant bars and nightclubs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...