Virgin Atlantic To Launch Extra Flight for Jamaica Holidays in November 2012
Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will be adding an extra weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica from Gatwick Airport this winter. Travellers will now be able to choose from three weekly flights for their Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island celebrates its 50th year of independence. The new flight will commence on Friday 3rd November, 2012.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the addition of a new weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica that will commence on 3rd November, 2012.
Travellers will have an additional weekly flight to choose from when planning their Jamaica holidays and the airline now offers a total of three weekly Jamaica flights departing from London Gatwick Airport on Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
“The flight will bring a welcome boost to tourist and visitor numbers to the UK and Jamaica with growing demand between the two locations,” explained Nick Parker, Virgin Atlantic’s Regional Manager for the Caribbean.
Tourists have plenty of reasons to go on holidays to Jamaica this year as the Caribbean island nation celebrates its 50th year of Independence. The island is offering an array of events and activities throughout the year including the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival that is currently taking place from 9th -17th June, 2012.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Virgin Atlantic is in the process of refurbishing the aircraft used for flights to Jamaica and the work will be completed by the time the new service is launched later this year.
“We have committed more than £50 million to completely refurbishing the aircraft used on this service including new wider seats in Economy and Premium Economy and a new touch screen Inflight Entertainment system throughout,” Mr Parker said.
“The new system by Panasonic offers 300 hours of content including the latest movies, TV shows and music for our passenger’s enjoyment.”
The Chief Executive Officer of Montego Bay Airports Limited explained that the UK is the “largest inbound market from Europe to Jamaica” and Virgin Atlantic plays a key role in bringing these travellers to their holidays in Jamaica.
Image by: traceysfootprints, on Flickr
He added: “They have been a strong partner with us since starting their operations to Montego Bay in 2006 and we look forward to their continued success. We very much welcome this extra service.”
Jamaica is a beautiful island situated at the heart of the Caribbean Sea and is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed by turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice during their tropical Jamaica holiday.
Famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious cuisine and being the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley, the country is a popular place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
In 2011 the island nation was voted as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row at the World Travel awards ceremony that took place at one of the most luxurious Jamaica hotels, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...