Virgin Atlantic To Launch Extra Flight for Jamaica Holidays in November 2012
Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will be adding an extra weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica from Gatwick Airport this winter. Travellers will now be able to choose from three weekly flights for their Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island celebrates its 50th year of independence. The new flight will commence on Friday 3rd November, 2012.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the addition of a new weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica that will commence on 3rd November, 2012.
Travellers will have an additional weekly flight to choose from when planning their Jamaica holidays and the airline now offers a total of three weekly Jamaica flights departing from London Gatwick Airport on Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
“The flight will bring a welcome boost to tourist and visitor numbers to the UK and Jamaica with growing demand between the two locations,” explained Nick Parker, Virgin Atlantic’s Regional Manager for the Caribbean.
Tourists have plenty of reasons to go on holidays to Jamaica this year as the Caribbean island nation celebrates its 50th year of Independence. The island is offering an array of events and activities throughout the year including the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival that is currently taking place from 9th -17th June, 2012.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Virgin Atlantic is in the process of refurbishing the aircraft used for flights to Jamaica and the work will be completed by the time the new service is launched later this year.
“We have committed more than £50 million to completely refurbishing the aircraft used on this service including new wider seats in Economy and Premium Economy and a new touch screen Inflight Entertainment system throughout,” Mr Parker said.
“The new system by Panasonic offers 300 hours of content including the latest movies, TV shows and music for our passenger’s enjoyment.”
The Chief Executive Officer of Montego Bay Airports Limited explained that the UK is the “largest inbound market from Europe to Jamaica” and Virgin Atlantic plays a key role in bringing these travellers to their holidays in Jamaica.
Image by: traceysfootprints, on Flickr
He added: “They have been a strong partner with us since starting their operations to Montego Bay in 2006 and we look forward to their continued success. We very much welcome this extra service.”
Jamaica is a beautiful island situated at the heart of the Caribbean Sea and is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed by turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice during their tropical Jamaica holiday.
Famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious cuisine and being the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley, the country is a popular place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
In 2011 the island nation was voted as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row at the World Travel awards ceremony that took place at one of the most luxurious Jamaica hotels, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...