Virgin Atlantic To Launch Extra Flight for Jamaica Holidays in November 2012
Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will be adding an extra weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica from Gatwick Airport this winter. Travellers will now be able to choose from three weekly flights for their Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island celebrates its 50th year of independence. The new flight will commence on Friday 3rd November, 2012.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the addition of a new weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica that will commence on 3rd November, 2012.
Travellers will have an additional weekly flight to choose from when planning their Jamaica holidays and the airline now offers a total of three weekly Jamaica flights departing from London Gatwick Airport on Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
“The flight will bring a welcome boost to tourist and visitor numbers to the UK and Jamaica with growing demand between the two locations,” explained Nick Parker, Virgin Atlantic’s Regional Manager for the Caribbean.
Tourists have plenty of reasons to go on holidays to Jamaica this year as the Caribbean island nation celebrates its 50th year of Independence. The island is offering an array of events and activities throughout the year including the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival that is currently taking place from 9th -17th June, 2012.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Virgin Atlantic is in the process of refurbishing the aircraft used for flights to Jamaica and the work will be completed by the time the new service is launched later this year.
“We have committed more than £50 million to completely refurbishing the aircraft used on this service including new wider seats in Economy and Premium Economy and a new touch screen Inflight Entertainment system throughout,” Mr Parker said.
“The new system by Panasonic offers 300 hours of content including the latest movies, TV shows and music for our passenger’s enjoyment.”
The Chief Executive Officer of Montego Bay Airports Limited explained that the UK is the “largest inbound market from Europe to Jamaica” and Virgin Atlantic plays a key role in bringing these travellers to their holidays in Jamaica.
Image by: traceysfootprints, on Flickr
He added: “They have been a strong partner with us since starting their operations to Montego Bay in 2006 and we look forward to their continued success. We very much welcome this extra service.”
Jamaica is a beautiful island situated at the heart of the Caribbean Sea and is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed by turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice during their tropical Jamaica holiday.
Famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious cuisine and being the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley, the country is a popular place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
In 2011 the island nation was voted as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row at the World Travel awards ceremony that took place at one of the most luxurious Jamaica hotels, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...