Virgin Atlantic To Launch Extra Flight for Jamaica Holidays in November 2012
Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will be adding an extra weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica from Gatwick Airport this winter. Travellers will now be able to choose from three weekly flights for their Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island celebrates its 50th year of independence. The new flight will commence on Friday 3rd November, 2012.
Virgin Atlantic has announced the addition of a new weekly flight to Montego Bay in Jamaica that will commence on 3rd November, 2012.
Travellers will have an additional weekly flight to choose from when planning their Jamaica holidays and the airline now offers a total of three weekly Jamaica flights departing from London Gatwick Airport on Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
“The flight will bring a welcome boost to tourist and visitor numbers to the UK and Jamaica with growing demand between the two locations,” explained Nick Parker, Virgin Atlantic’s Regional Manager for the Caribbean.
Tourists have plenty of reasons to go on holidays to Jamaica this year as the Caribbean island nation celebrates its 50th year of Independence. The island is offering an array of events and activities throughout the year including the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival that is currently taking place from 9th -17th June, 2012.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Virgin Atlantic is in the process of refurbishing the aircraft used for flights to Jamaica and the work will be completed by the time the new service is launched later this year.
“We have committed more than £50 million to completely refurbishing the aircraft used on this service including new wider seats in Economy and Premium Economy and a new touch screen Inflight Entertainment system throughout,” Mr Parker said.
“The new system by Panasonic offers 300 hours of content including the latest movies, TV shows and music for our passenger’s enjoyment.”
The Chief Executive Officer of Montego Bay Airports Limited explained that the UK is the “largest inbound market from Europe to Jamaica” and Virgin Atlantic plays a key role in bringing these travellers to their holidays in Jamaica.
Image by: traceysfootprints, on Flickr
He added: “They have been a strong partner with us since starting their operations to Montego Bay in 2006 and we look forward to their continued success. We very much welcome this extra service.”
Jamaica is a beautiful island situated at the heart of the Caribbean Sea and is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed by turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice during their tropical Jamaica holiday.
Famous for its laid-back lifestyle, delicious cuisine and being the homeland of the legendary singer Bob Marley, the country is a popular place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
In 2011 the island nation was voted as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row at the World Travel awards ceremony that took place at one of the most luxurious Jamaica hotels, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island in Montego Bay.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...