ME by Melia lifestyle brand to debut with first hotel in Dubai
The Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels International will be opening two new properties in the Middle East after it recently signed deals to introduce the ME by Melia lifestyle brand to Dubai and Doha. Melia launched its first property for Dubai holidays in the city in April this year with the opening of Melia Dubai and the emirate is set to welcome its second property within the next three years.
Melia Hotels International will be opening two new hotels in the Middle East after it signed two deals to introduce its ME by Melia lifestyle brand to Dubai and Doha.
The Spanish hotel group will be developing its second property for Dubai holidays after it made its debut in the city in April this year with the opening of the Melia Dubai.
Melia Hotels International’s Vice-Chairman and CEO, Gabriel Escarrer Jaume, stated: “Melia is the most international of our brands. It is the brand we use the most to get into a new country. Once we have it covered with the Melia product we always reach for the premium segment, so you are the first one to know we have signed a ME by Melia.
“ME is lifestyle concept like the Ws of the world. So we have signed a ME product here in Dubai.”
The exact location of the new Dubai hotel has not yet been revealed but it will be a new-build and it will be developed within the next three years.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Jaume explained that the ME brand is designed to embrace its surroundings and stimulate visual experiences.
The United Arab Emirate is full of iconic Dubai hotels such as the Burj al Arab, Burj Khalifa, and the numerous luxury properties on the manmade Palm Islands.
Jaume added that the Spanish hotel operator will be building two hotels in Qatar, one of which will be a ME by Melia branded-property, and he hinted that Saudi Arabia could be a future destination for the Melia brand.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The CEO concluded: “We have already signed 38 hotels that will be incorporated in the next two and half years - that’s 9000 rooms, more or less 8% of our existing portfolio.”
Every year, millions of international tourists take holidays to Dubai and the city boasts golden beaches, fantastic shopping facilities, gourmet dining options and an array of upscale and unique hotels and resorts.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Some of the emirate’s most popular attractions include the Wild Wadi Water Park; the Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest buildings; the Jumeirah Mosque; Dubai Museum; Dubai Fountain; the traditional Gold Souk; Dubai Marina; the Dubai snow skiing centre; and the Palm Islands.
During holidays in Dubai, visitors can attend annual events in the city such as the Dubai World Cup in March, the UAE Desert Challenge, Dubai Summer Surprises, and the Dubai International Jazz Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...