April Brings Record Number of Holidaymakers to the Seychelles
April saw a record-breaking number of tourists take Seychelles holidays according to the Seychelles National Bureau's Visitor Statistical Bulletin. The report revealed 20,049 visitors arrived to the Indian Ocean nation of the Seychelles during April 2012, which was a five per cent increase compared to the same month last year.
The number of travellers that visited the Seychelles in April, 2012 reached an all-time monthly high according to the Visitor Statistical Bulletin, which was released by the Seychelles National Bureau.
During April this year, 20,049 tourists took Seychelles holidays; a five per cent increase on the same month in 2011.
The figures are good news for tourism industry leaders, and despite Air Seychelles removing its direct flights between the Seychelles and France and Italy, numbers continue to rise.
Between the months of January and April, 2012, 69,623 travellers visited the Indian Ocean island nation, which is an eight per cent growth compared to the same period last year.
The increase in visitors is said to be have been helped by the marketing efforts of the Seychelles Tourism Board and its trade partners who have been promoting holidays in the Seychelles to new markets across the world.
Image by: Hotels and Lodges, on Flickr
“The plan of action to diversify the target markets, and plan to intensify the island’s visibility campaign came out of the annual marketing meetings of the Seychelles Tourism Board,” explained Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister.
“The 2010 Marketing Meeting set the initial plan of action, which was further consolidated and enhanced at the 2011 meeting held alongside the La Reunion Tourism Authority (IRT). Today, we are happy that the foresight of the Tourism Board and their pro-activeness is bringing positive results for Seychelles.”
According to the bulletin, the majority of travellers who go on holidays to the Seychelles come from Europe (74 per cent), and the amount of tourists who originate from Asia increased by 40 percent during April, 2012.
The Seychelles is a beautiful archipelago of 115 islands situated in the Indian Ocean, 900 miles east of Madagascar.
Image by: Nic_Snowie, on Flickr
The island nation is home to an abundance of breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand, palm-fringed beaches; crystal-clear aquamarine ocean waters and lagoons; and lush green forests.
During a Seychelles holiday, visitors can explore the colourful coral reefs and underwater gardens beneath the surface of the ocean through snorkelling and scuba diving adventures; go island-hopping on a boat; trek through thriving nature parks; visit historical sites and monuments; play golf on oceanfront golf courses; and indulge in luxury spas which are a feature of most Seychelles hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...