Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts launch Storm Guarantee programme
Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts have recently launched their storm guarantee program. Under the new policy any guest who has been inconvenienced by a "qualifying storm" and has booked a stay at one of the participating Starwood hotels and resorts located across the Caribbean will be refunded the credit towards a replacement holiday allowing travellers to book their summer 2012 Caribbean holidays with confidence.
Travellers planning Caribbean holidays during the warm summer months this year may be concerned that while a summer getaway to tropical islands like the Bahamas and Grand Cayman can be nothing short of paradisiacal, these months are also considered to be the peak time for the region’s hurricane season. Many holidaymakers can attest to the fact that few things can ruin a holiday experience more than an unexpected natural disaster.
Emotional distress, early departures and closed airports are just a couple of the bothers that travellers can face in the event of a major tropical storm or hurricane. This is precisely why, the family of Starwood Hotels and Resorts operating in the Caribbean have taken these concerns into consideration and have recently announced the launch of their 2012 travel interruption policy.
Area director of sales and marketing at Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Jim Curtis stated the following of newly launched policy, “Experts are predicting a slower [hurricane] season than in past years…Even so, we want travellers to understand that Starwood’s cancellation policy ensures a no-risk Caribbean vacation for our guests”.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
Under the new policy, should there be a “qualifying storm” announced at the time of a traveller’s pre-booked holiday in the Caribbean, Starwood hotel and resorts will replace the balance of a guest’s holiday for the entire duration of the reservation. Additionally, in house guests will be exempted from early departure penalty fees and the fees for the unused portion of the trip will be refunded. Credit for replacement holidays are to be used within one calendar year and may be subject to availability.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
This latest move has shown that the family of Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, which includes one of the top hotels in the Bahamas- the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino, are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that their guests have that extra peace of mind needed to book their favourite Caribbean holidays with confidence.
The travel interruption policy applies only to those storms verified by the National Hurricane Center and the policy also stipulates that National Hurricane Center must issue an official hurricane watch or hurricane warning for the Caribbean in order for the terms of the policy to be fulfilled. Participating Caribbean Starwood hotels and resorts can be found in top Caribbean destinations including, the US Virgin Islands, Aruba, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Grand Cayman and St Maarten.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...