Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts launch Storm Guarantee programme
Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts have recently launched their storm guarantee program. Under the new policy any guest who has been inconvenienced by a "qualifying storm" and has booked a stay at one of the participating Starwood hotels and resorts located across the Caribbean will be refunded the credit towards a replacement holiday allowing travellers to book their summer 2012 Caribbean holidays with confidence.
Travellers planning Caribbean holidays during the warm summer months this year may be concerned that while a summer getaway to tropical islands like the Bahamas and Grand Cayman can be nothing short of paradisiacal, these months are also considered to be the peak time for the region’s hurricane season. Many holidaymakers can attest to the fact that few things can ruin a holiday experience more than an unexpected natural disaster.
Emotional distress, early departures and closed airports are just a couple of the bothers that travellers can face in the event of a major tropical storm or hurricane. This is precisely why, the family of Starwood Hotels and Resorts operating in the Caribbean have taken these concerns into consideration and have recently announced the launch of their 2012 travel interruption policy.
Area director of sales and marketing at Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Jim Curtis stated the following of newly launched policy, “Experts are predicting a slower [hurricane] season than in past years…Even so, we want travellers to understand that Starwood’s cancellation policy ensures a no-risk Caribbean vacation for our guests”.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
Under the new policy, should there be a “qualifying storm” announced at the time of a traveller’s pre-booked holiday in the Caribbean, Starwood hotel and resorts will replace the balance of a guest’s holiday for the entire duration of the reservation. Additionally, in house guests will be exempted from early departure penalty fees and the fees for the unused portion of the trip will be refunded. Credit for replacement holidays are to be used within one calendar year and may be subject to availability.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
This latest move has shown that the family of Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, which includes one of the top hotels in the Bahamas- the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino, are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that their guests have that extra peace of mind needed to book their favourite Caribbean holidays with confidence.
The travel interruption policy applies only to those storms verified by the National Hurricane Center and the policy also stipulates that National Hurricane Center must issue an official hurricane watch or hurricane warning for the Caribbean in order for the terms of the policy to be fulfilled. Participating Caribbean Starwood hotels and resorts can be found in top Caribbean destinations including, the US Virgin Islands, Aruba, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Grand Cayman and St Maarten.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...