Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts launch Storm Guarantee programme
Starwood Caribbean hotels and resorts have recently launched their storm guarantee program. Under the new policy any guest who has been inconvenienced by a "qualifying storm" and has booked a stay at one of the participating Starwood hotels and resorts located across the Caribbean will be refunded the credit towards a replacement holiday allowing travellers to book their summer 2012 Caribbean holidays with confidence.
Travellers planning Caribbean holidays during the warm summer months this year may be concerned that while a summer getaway to tropical islands like the Bahamas and Grand Cayman can be nothing short of paradisiacal, these months are also considered to be the peak time for the region’s hurricane season. Many holidaymakers can attest to the fact that few things can ruin a holiday experience more than an unexpected natural disaster.
Emotional distress, early departures and closed airports are just a couple of the bothers that travellers can face in the event of a major tropical storm or hurricane. This is precisely why, the family of Starwood Hotels and Resorts operating in the Caribbean have taken these concerns into consideration and have recently announced the launch of their 2012 travel interruption policy.
Area director of sales and marketing at Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Jim Curtis stated the following of newly launched policy, “Experts are predicting a slower [hurricane] season than in past years…Even so, we want travellers to understand that Starwood’s cancellation policy ensures a no-risk Caribbean vacation for our guests”.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
Under the new policy, should there be a “qualifying storm” announced at the time of a traveller’s pre-booked holiday in the Caribbean, Starwood hotel and resorts will replace the balance of a guest’s holiday for the entire duration of the reservation. Additionally, in house guests will be exempted from early departure penalty fees and the fees for the unused portion of the trip will be refunded. Credit for replacement holidays are to be used within one calendar year and may be subject to availability.
Image by: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
This latest move has shown that the family of Caribbean Starwood Hotels and Resorts, which includes one of the top hotels in the Bahamas- the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino, are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that their guests have that extra peace of mind needed to book their favourite Caribbean holidays with confidence.
The travel interruption policy applies only to those storms verified by the National Hurricane Center and the policy also stipulates that National Hurricane Center must issue an official hurricane watch or hurricane warning for the Caribbean in order for the terms of the policy to be fulfilled. Participating Caribbean Starwood hotels and resorts can be found in top Caribbean destinations including, the US Virgin Islands, Aruba, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Grand Cayman and St Maarten.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...