Travellers can now get the most out of their Barbados holidays with new iPhone app
The authors of the unique Caribbean holidays blog - Uncommon Caribbean - have recently announced the launch of their new iPhone mobile app which is set to be a must have for any iPhone user heading off to Barbados holidays and seeking some insider tips on everything this beautiful Caribbean island has to offer.
Steve and Patrick Bennett the brothers from St Criox behind the unique Caribbean travel blog, Uncommon Caribbean, have recently announced the launch of their very own iPhone app that promises to be a must have for anyone planning Barbados holidays.
The app provides customers with authentic insider tips to help travellers fully enjoy their holidays in Barbados and most of all to expose holidaymakers to something off the beaten path with up to date advice based on their own first-hand experiences. The content of the handy app will help holidaymakers make important decisions that most people find time consuming and difficult; from choosing the best Barbados hotels, activities and cuisine to the best nightlife experiences and bars.
“The content reflects our own personal experiences, likes and dislikes, over our combined six visits to Barbados during the past two years. So, in a way, Uncommon Barbados is like having great advice from a well-traveled friend along with you every step of your way in Barbados” , app co-founder Patrick Bennet stated.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The app is ideally suited for use on the go as, unlike other mobile applications, does not need an internet connection for travellers to access the content. This idea is undoubtedly a real selling point for most users as it helps travellers evade the dreaded international roaming charges that typically come with using a mobile connection overseas.
Patrick noted, “As frequent travellers throughout the Caribbean who publish a daily blog, we certainly know how quickly roaming data charges can add up. That's why our app had to be different: to be universally useful and accessible regardless of an Internet connection. At the same time, we sought to make Uncommon Barbados as visually beautiful and easy to navigate as the special island it represents. In this way, we hope to inspire deeper, more rewarding connections with the authentic Barbados experience”
Image by: scaturchio, on Flickr
A look at the Uncommon Caribbean travel blog gives some insight into what users can expect from the Bennett brothers’ latest app. Borne out of a desire to shed light on the Caribbean holiday experience from a local’s perspective, rather than through the eyes of someone unfamiliar with the islands’ secret hot spots and activities, the Uncommon Caribbean blog and the newly launched app only contain experiences which they have embarked on themselves and all of this is accompanied by stunning photography taken by Patrick Bennett himself.
The brothers have promised to update the app for free with fresh content every time they return to the island making the initial $2.99 investment well worth it not only for those who have booked their upcoming Barbados holidays but also for those who would like a taste of what Barbados really has to offer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...