One & Only Le Saint Geran, Mauritius recognised internationally as a one of the leading hotels in Mauritius
The One&Only Le Saint Geran, Mauritius is quickly building up a reputation as aleading hotel for guests seeking a luxury Mauritius holiday experience. Recently, this Mauritius hotel was one of the winners at The Gold List Award of China Tourism, taking home the title of "The Best Overseas Hotel". Additionally, One&Only Le Saint Geran also swept up awards at the well known Trip Advisor Traveller's Choice Awards where it was named the 13th best hotel for families in Africa.
National Geographic Traveler (China) recently announced the winners featured in The Gold List Award of China Tourism and has named one of the best hotels in Mauritius - the One&Only Le Saint Geran, Mauritius as the winner in “The Best Overseas Hotels” category.
The awards announcement came after industry professionals and the wider public voted on the website of the locally renowned National Geographic Traveler (China) magazine which is considered to be the foremost authority on all things travel related for Chinese holidaymakers.
The One & Only Le Saint Geran also achieved positive results at Trip Advisor’s 2012 Travelers’ Choice Award where it was named the 13th best hotel for families in Africa giving it the proud distinction of being the only hotel in Mauritius to feature on the top 25 list.
The resort was also listed in the Top 25 Relaxation and Spa hotels in Africa, Top 25 Luxury hotels in Africa and Top 25 Hotels in Africa. For many, the Trip Advisor awards are the most important in the industry as they are based on the opinions of the people that count the most - the customers.
Image by: Whl Mauritius, on Flickr
About the award-winning luxury hotel one guest recently noted on Trip Advisor, “We had a short stay at this hotel, as a treat - having spent the first part of our stay in Mauritius in another hotel, my only regret was that we had not booked this hotel in the first place... our suite was absolutely stunning with a view to die for and we were treated like royalty. The food in the main restaurant was outstanding especially the sweets, we were spoilt for choice. We will return and stay longer next time and we have already recommended this outstanding hotel to many of our friends, family and colleagues.”
Both the Gold List Award of China and the Travelers’ Choice 2012 awards are a true testament to the One&Only Le Saint Geran as the ideal spot for any traveller thinking of booking luxurious and pampering Mauritius holidays.
Image by: Whl Mauritius, on Flickr
Reports coming out of Mauritius indicate that, despite a slight dip in the number of arrivals, there was a notable increase of 15.6 per cent in the earnings made from the tourism industry in Q1 2012 when compared to the same period last year. One can speculate that the this increase may be indicative of a greater uptake in luxury Mauritius holidays, and with Mauritius hotels like the One & Only Le Saint Géean building such a high international profile, Mauritius may well be a holiday destination to watch.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...