St Kitts and Nevis Rank 3rd Place in "10 Best Islands in the World" List
The twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean has been ranked in third place on a list of the "10 Best Islands in the World" by US News & World Report. The Caribbean nation was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora in second place but St Kitts and Nevis holidays were voted above other tropical destinations including the Seychelles, Fiji and the Cayman Islands.
The picturesque twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis has been voted in third place on the list of “10 Best Islands in the World” by US News & World Report.
Every year, thousands of international tourists book St Kitts holidays to experience the nation’s breathtaking landscapes, tranquil nature parks, and luxury hotels and resorts.
The US News & World Report stated: “Why Go: It’s no wonder that these two islands attract celebs in droves. Who wouldn’t want to spend their vacation sprawled across golden-brown sands, exploring ancient fortresses, or noshing on fried conch? St Kitts & Nevis offer their visitors an authentic Caribbean experience, from the history exhibited at the Brimstone Hill Fortress, to the drinks served at the shack-like beach bars.
“And note that both islands boast spectacular shorelines, so you can't go wrong with either.”
Image by: hiralgosalia, on Flickr
The Caribbean nation beat off stiff competition from exotic islands such as the Seychelles, the Cayman Islands, Fiji, the United States Virgin Islands and St Martin-St Maarten, and it was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora which was ranked in second place.
St Kitts and Nevis is a nation situated in the West Indies made up of two islands separated by a two-mile channel.
The island of St Kitts features breathtaking scenery including volcanic peaks, white sand beaches fringed with crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, lush green forests and winding rivers. While enjoying holidays in St Kitts and Nevis, visitors can choose from a variety of beachfront St Kitts hotels and luxurious resorts, as well as a wide choice of activities such as golf, tours to historical sites, bird watching, scuba diving, snorkelling yachting, catamaran cruises, fishing, shopping and relaxing in lavish spas.
The close proximity of the island of Nevis allows holidaymakers to explore both of the beautiful islands during their holidays in St Kitts.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in St Kitts and Nevis can visit a selection of attractions and nature parks including Brimstone Hill National Park, Frigate Bay, Frigate Bay Golf Course, Cottle Church, Pinney’s Beach and The Alexander Hamilton House.
Fifty per cent of the publication’s ranking was determined by the readers of US News & World Report who voted whether or not each destination belonged on the Top 10 list.
The ten winning islands listed in descending order were: the Maldives, Bora Bora, St Kitts and Nevis, Santorini, Seychelles, Fiji, Maui, Cayman Islands, St Martin –St Maarten and the United States Virgin Islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...