St Kitts and Nevis Rank 3rd Place in "10 Best Islands in the World" List
The twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean has been ranked in third place on a list of the "10 Best Islands in the World" by US News & World Report. The Caribbean nation was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora in second place but St Kitts and Nevis holidays were voted above other tropical destinations including the Seychelles, Fiji and the Cayman Islands.
The picturesque twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis has been voted in third place on the list of “10 Best Islands in the World” by US News & World Report.
Every year, thousands of international tourists book St Kitts holidays to experience the nation’s breathtaking landscapes, tranquil nature parks, and luxury hotels and resorts.
The US News & World Report stated: “Why Go: It’s no wonder that these two islands attract celebs in droves. Who wouldn’t want to spend their vacation sprawled across golden-brown sands, exploring ancient fortresses, or noshing on fried conch? St Kitts & Nevis offer their visitors an authentic Caribbean experience, from the history exhibited at the Brimstone Hill Fortress, to the drinks served at the shack-like beach bars.
“And note that both islands boast spectacular shorelines, so you can't go wrong with either.”
Image by: hiralgosalia, on Flickr
The Caribbean nation beat off stiff competition from exotic islands such as the Seychelles, the Cayman Islands, Fiji, the United States Virgin Islands and St Martin-St Maarten, and it was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora which was ranked in second place.
St Kitts and Nevis is a nation situated in the West Indies made up of two islands separated by a two-mile channel.
The island of St Kitts features breathtaking scenery including volcanic peaks, white sand beaches fringed with crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, lush green forests and winding rivers. While enjoying holidays in St Kitts and Nevis, visitors can choose from a variety of beachfront St Kitts hotels and luxurious resorts, as well as a wide choice of activities such as golf, tours to historical sites, bird watching, scuba diving, snorkelling yachting, catamaran cruises, fishing, shopping and relaxing in lavish spas.
The close proximity of the island of Nevis allows holidaymakers to explore both of the beautiful islands during their holidays in St Kitts.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in St Kitts and Nevis can visit a selection of attractions and nature parks including Brimstone Hill National Park, Frigate Bay, Frigate Bay Golf Course, Cottle Church, Pinney’s Beach and The Alexander Hamilton House.
Fifty per cent of the publication’s ranking was determined by the readers of US News & World Report who voted whether or not each destination belonged on the Top 10 list.
The ten winning islands listed in descending order were: the Maldives, Bora Bora, St Kitts and Nevis, Santorini, Seychelles, Fiji, Maui, Cayman Islands, St Martin –St Maarten and the United States Virgin Islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Save £450 per person with our current Flash Sale.
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...