St Kitts and Nevis Rank 3rd Place in "10 Best Islands in the World" List
The twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean has been ranked in third place on a list of the "10 Best Islands in the World" by US News & World Report. The Caribbean nation was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora in second place but St Kitts and Nevis holidays were voted above other tropical destinations including the Seychelles, Fiji and the Cayman Islands.
The picturesque twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis has been voted in third place on the list of “10 Best Islands in the World” by US News & World Report.
Every year, thousands of international tourists book St Kitts holidays to experience the nation’s breathtaking landscapes, tranquil nature parks, and luxury hotels and resorts.
The US News & World Report stated: “Why Go: It’s no wonder that these two islands attract celebs in droves. Who wouldn’t want to spend their vacation sprawled across golden-brown sands, exploring ancient fortresses, or noshing on fried conch? St Kitts & Nevis offer their visitors an authentic Caribbean experience, from the history exhibited at the Brimstone Hill Fortress, to the drinks served at the shack-like beach bars.
“And note that both islands boast spectacular shorelines, so you can't go wrong with either.”
Image by: hiralgosalia, on Flickr
The Caribbean nation beat off stiff competition from exotic islands such as the Seychelles, the Cayman Islands, Fiji, the United States Virgin Islands and St Martin-St Maarten, and it was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora which was ranked in second place.
St Kitts and Nevis is a nation situated in the West Indies made up of two islands separated by a two-mile channel.
The island of St Kitts features breathtaking scenery including volcanic peaks, white sand beaches fringed with crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, lush green forests and winding rivers. While enjoying holidays in St Kitts and Nevis, visitors can choose from a variety of beachfront St Kitts hotels and luxurious resorts, as well as a wide choice of activities such as golf, tours to historical sites, bird watching, scuba diving, snorkelling yachting, catamaran cruises, fishing, shopping and relaxing in lavish spas.
The close proximity of the island of Nevis allows holidaymakers to explore both of the beautiful islands during their holidays in St Kitts.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in St Kitts and Nevis can visit a selection of attractions and nature parks including Brimstone Hill National Park, Frigate Bay, Frigate Bay Golf Course, Cottle Church, Pinney’s Beach and The Alexander Hamilton House.
Fifty per cent of the publication’s ranking was determined by the readers of US News & World Report who voted whether or not each destination belonged on the Top 10 list.
The ten winning islands listed in descending order were: the Maldives, Bora Bora, St Kitts and Nevis, Santorini, Seychelles, Fiji, Maui, Cayman Islands, St Martin –St Maarten and the United States Virgin Islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...