St Kitts and Nevis Rank 3rd Place in "10 Best Islands in the World" List
The twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean has been ranked in third place on a list of the "10 Best Islands in the World" by US News & World Report. The Caribbean nation was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora in second place but St Kitts and Nevis holidays were voted above other tropical destinations including the Seychelles, Fiji and the Cayman Islands.
The picturesque twin-island nation of St Kitts and Nevis has been voted in third place on the list of “10 Best Islands in the World” by US News & World Report.
Every year, thousands of international tourists book St Kitts holidays to experience the nation’s breathtaking landscapes, tranquil nature parks, and luxury hotels and resorts.
The US News & World Report stated: “Why Go: It’s no wonder that these two islands attract celebs in droves. Who wouldn’t want to spend their vacation sprawled across golden-brown sands, exploring ancient fortresses, or noshing on fried conch? St Kitts & Nevis offer their visitors an authentic Caribbean experience, from the history exhibited at the Brimstone Hill Fortress, to the drinks served at the shack-like beach bars.
“And note that both islands boast spectacular shorelines, so you can't go wrong with either.”
Image by: hiralgosalia, on Flickr
The Caribbean nation beat off stiff competition from exotic islands such as the Seychelles, the Cayman Islands, Fiji, the United States Virgin Islands and St Martin-St Maarten, and it was beaten by the Maldives which took first place and Bora Bora which was ranked in second place.
St Kitts and Nevis is a nation situated in the West Indies made up of two islands separated by a two-mile channel.
The island of St Kitts features breathtaking scenery including volcanic peaks, white sand beaches fringed with crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, lush green forests and winding rivers. While enjoying holidays in St Kitts and Nevis, visitors can choose from a variety of beachfront St Kitts hotels and luxurious resorts, as well as a wide choice of activities such as golf, tours to historical sites, bird watching, scuba diving, snorkelling yachting, catamaran cruises, fishing, shopping and relaxing in lavish spas.
The close proximity of the island of Nevis allows holidaymakers to explore both of the beautiful islands during their holidays in St Kitts.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in St Kitts and Nevis can visit a selection of attractions and nature parks including Brimstone Hill National Park, Frigate Bay, Frigate Bay Golf Course, Cottle Church, Pinney’s Beach and The Alexander Hamilton House.
Fifty per cent of the publication’s ranking was determined by the readers of US News & World Report who voted whether or not each destination belonged on the Top 10 list.
The ten winning islands listed in descending order were: the Maldives, Bora Bora, St Kitts and Nevis, Santorini, Seychelles, Fiji, Maui, Cayman Islands, St Martin –St Maarten and the United States Virgin Islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...