UK travellers enjoying Barbados holidays this May will get to see England's football team in action
Football fanatics will be pleased to know that they have the unique opportunity to see the legends from some of England's best loved football teams in action at the Barbados British Airways Football Legends Invitational this May. Legends from teams like Manchester United and Chelsea will compete at the event which will take place from the 26th and 27th May 2012. What better excuse for footy fans to book those Barbados holidays they have been dreaming of?
Barbados will host the second annual Barbados British Airways Football Legends Invitational from the 26th to the 27th May 20122. This event is the perfect excuse for footy-loving travellers to head over to the sunny Caribbean for a relaxing Barbados holiday experience with added football fun.
The event is set to take place at Barbados’ beautiful Kensington Oval where spectators will have the unique opportunity to see legendary players representing some of England’s most loved football teams vie for the trophy.
The eight six-a-side teams include Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur. Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers as well as a Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) all-star team. Alan Shearer, the former Newcastle and England Captain expressed his excitement stating, “Last year was fantastic - great football and wonderful hospitality. All the lads are really looking forward to returning to Barbados this year and we can promise an entertaining couple of days for everyone who turns out again to support the tournament”.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourism authorities will be hoping that this year’s event will match the fun and excitement of the 2011 Football Legends Invitational which saw Manchester United take home the trophy. The Barbados Tourism Authority are optimistic that they will once again be able to entice UK holidaymakers book their holidays in Barbados and not only witness football legends live in action but experience all that Barbados has to offer as leading Caribbean holiday destination.
Vice president of UK marketing and sales, Petra Roach stated, “Last year it made me so proud to see our stunning Kensington Oval filled with my fellow Barbadians and British fans, families and holidaymakers all cheering on their favourite team. The fact that so many of them are coming back to play once again goes a long way to show what a fantastic tournament and a fabulous time everyone had in Barbados”
Image by: Dan Pope, on Flickr
British Airways, one of the leading providers of flights to the Caribbean region and sponsor of the Football Legends Invitational, took the opportunity to underscore their commitment to the region. Spokesperson for British Airways, Colm Lacy stated. “We are delighted to be continuing our sponsorship of the Barbados British Airways Football Legends Invitational. Last year’s inaugural event was a huge success and this year is set to be even better. The Caribbean is a very important destination for British Airways and we have a long and proud history of serving the region”.
Travellers enjoying Barbados holidays at the end of May will be pleased to know that they will be able to attend the British Airways Football Legends Invitational for the bargain price of just £10 per person.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...