Two Sandals Resorts in Jamaica Receive EarthCheck Platinum Level Certifications
Two luxurious all inclusive Sandals resorts in Jamaica have been awarded a Platinum level certification by EarthCheck for their environmental efforts. Sandals Negril and Sandals Grande Riviera provide high end Jamaica holidays with a high standard of care for the environment and the local community, thanks to the help of the new Sandals Earthguard programme that was introduced last summer.
Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa and Sandals Grande Riviera in Jamaica have both been awarded Platinum level certification by EarthCheck.
The two resorts pride themselves on providing luxury Jamaica holidays for travellers while demonstrating high standards of environmental and community care.
Both Jamaica hotels achieved the highest level of EarthCheck Certification and Sandals Resorts has become the first hotel company in the world to ever receive two prestigious platinum certifications.
“This achievement highlights the long term commitment that Sandals Resorts has shown to the communities and environment of the Caribbean,” stated Stewart Moore, the Chief Executive of EarthCheck.
“They’re well ahead of most governments and industry players globally as a result of their efforts, and serve as a leader in the field of sustainable practices.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
This is the second Platinum EarthCheck Certification for Sandals Negril after it earned its first in 2008 and it is the first award for Sandals Grande Riviera, which recently underwent a $60 million refurbishment.
After a temporary closure, the Sandals Grande Riviera started welcoming tourists back to holidays to Jamaica in January this year and its new offerings include updated rooms and suites, a refurbished spa, and a brand new beachside lounge, the Riviera Beach Club.
When enjoying holidays in Jamaica at the resort, guests can relax within a lush, romantic setting in the newest and most luxurious suites, The Riviera Villas. The private villas feature glass and mosaic tiling and beautiful landscaped gardens for couples enjoying a romantic Jamaica holiday or honeymoon, and large private villas are available with shared swimming pools and refurbished pool areas for tourists holidaying with friends or family.
Image by: Caleb Keiter, on Flickr
The Sandals Negril on the other hand, is surrounded by lush tropical garden and the famous white sand Seven Mile Beach. The resort has luxury swim-up suites, butler service, and gourmet restaurants.
In July last year, Sandals Resorts International launched a new environmental management programme called Sandals Earthguard which is powered by EarthCheck.
Sandals Earthguard includes staff awareness and training on environmental policies; waste management programmes; monitoring the use of water throughout the resorts; using timers on electrical equipment such as outdoor lighting, Jacuzzi blowers, and refrigeration appliances in kitchens; and the promotion of local green tours and attractions.
Adam Stewart, the chief executive of Sandal Resorts International, explained: “Sandals Earthguard allows us to take practical, meaningful action to provide quality holiday experiences for our guests, while we work to minimise the environmental and social impacts of our operations.
He added: “This is an incredible achievement for our company and we look forward to continuing to expand our environmental efforts for years to come.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...