Seychelles launches First International Music Festival This Week
The Seychelles has announced the launch of its first Zikanzil International Music Festival. The event showcases music in the Indian Ocean and takes place from 15th-19th May, 2012 and is open to islanders and travellers going on Seychelles holidays.
The Seychelles is showcasing its brand of cultural tourism this month with the launch of the first edition of the Zikanzil International Music Festival.
The festival will take place from 15th to 19th May 2012 and will promote the talent of the Seychelles and Indian Ocean nations. Local islanders and tourists enjoying Seychelles holidays alike will be able to enjoy live music performances and entertainment throughout the five-day event.
The Seychelles Minister of Tourism and Culture, Alain St.Ange spoke during a joint Press Conference with the organising Committee of the Zikanzil International Music Festival.
“Zikanzil is one of a kind, an international music festival which showcases the artistic talents of the Seychelles and the Indian Ocean region,” he said.
“It’s a pure and culturally untamed experience which establishes bridges, mutual understanding and creative cooperation between representatives from many countries. It has passed the test of time and the challenges it has faced and all that remains is for this festival to become a major event of Seychelles’ destination attractiveness.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The festival will see several of the Seychelles biggest names in the music industry take to the stage such as Jany de Letourdie, David Andre, Ralf, and Patrick Victor. Musical talent for neighbouring nations includes Emmanuelle Peters & Rene Sida from the Reunion Islands; Linda Volahasiniaina and the masculine version of Vola, Michel Rafaralahy, from Madagascar; Joel Manglou and Jude Ally, from Reunion; and Abaji from Lebanon.
The organisers of the festival are hoping that the event will become one of the nation’s main cultural annual festivals and it will encourage more international holidaymakers to book holidays in the Seychelles.
Mrs. Marquise David, the Vice President of Alliance Francaise, one of the main organisers of the event, commented: “The Music Festival has the potential to become one of Seychelles’ niche cultural assets. The blend of cultural harmony which constitutes this festival showcases the dynamism of our culture. Zikanzil is a platform for cultural exchanges and that of universal language.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The Seychelles is an island country located in the Indian Ocean, northeast of Madagascar, spanning 115 beautiful islands. The archipelago boasts breathtaking natural landscapes made up of unspoilt white sand palm fringed beaches, warm turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters, lush green forests and rolling emerald green hills, and it is perfect for relaxing holidays to the Seychelles or luxury weddings and honeymoons.
The islands are home to an array of Seychelles hotels, from charming B&Bs and cottages, to upscale resorts, beach bungalows and overwater villas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...