Iberostar opens All Inclusive hotel for five-star luxury Cancun Holidays
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts have opened Iberostar Cancun, a luxury property for all inclusive Cancun holidays. The five-star property is located on the city's beachfront and is the ninth hotel in the Spanish-based company's Mexico portfolio.
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts has launched its ninth property in Mexico with the opening of Iberostar Cancun, a brand new five-star beachfront hotel.
The luxury hotel offers five-star all inclusive service for discerning guests on Cancun holidays and is located just 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport on the city’s seafront.
Iberostar Cancun was previously the Hilton Cancun, and the purchase and refurbishments of the property has cost the Spanish-based hospitality company over £100 million.
The beachfront resort has 426 guest rooms and villas, including a presidential suite, two villa beach suites, four master suites and 16 junior suites.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in Cancun at the new resort can enjoy facilities such as seven infinity swimming pools, two tennis courts, a gym and beauty salon, a professional football field, and a luxury spa. Out of all of the Cancun hotels, Iberostar Cancun is also the only one to offer an 18-hole golf course.
The hotel caters for both holidaymakers and business travellers and it boasts a 49,000-square-foot convention centre which can be divided into 22 different meeting rooms. There is also more than 60,000 square feet of outdoor space for events and social activities such as weddings.
Image by: Press Tours, on Flickr
There are plenty of restaurants and bars at the hotels where guests can enjoy delicious local and international cuisine during holidays to Cancun including a buffet restaurant, an ice-cream parlour, a snack bar, a cigar bar, a modern sports bar and four speciality restaurants.
Children can take part in a wide range of activities at the Kids’ Club and there is also a babysitting service available so parents are free to enjoy a romantic meal, stroll on the sandy beach or a pampering massage at the spa.
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. The region is a popular destination for scuba diving holidays with its turquoise ocean waters and a stunning colourful barrier reef.
Image by: _Zinni_, on Flickr
The city has plenty to offer tourists and while enjoying a holiday in Cancun, visitors can take part in water sport activities on Nichupté Lagoon or explore the historic Mayan archaeological sites including Kinichná, Dzibanché and Tulum.
Cancun is set to receive even more visitors this year as intrigued travellers head to the region to find out more about the apocalyptic prophecies that predict the world will end on 21st December, 2012.
The Mexican coastal city is also celebrating its 42nd anniversary as a beach destination this year after the region was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...