Iberostar opens All Inclusive hotel for five-star luxury Cancun Holidays
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts have opened Iberostar Cancun, a luxury property for all inclusive Cancun holidays. The five-star property is located on the city's beachfront and is the ninth hotel in the Spanish-based company's Mexico portfolio.
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts has launched its ninth property in Mexico with the opening of Iberostar Cancun, a brand new five-star beachfront hotel.
The luxury hotel offers five-star all inclusive service for discerning guests on Cancun holidays and is located just 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport on the city’s seafront.
Iberostar Cancun was previously the Hilton Cancun, and the purchase and refurbishments of the property has cost the Spanish-based hospitality company over £100 million.
The beachfront resort has 426 guest rooms and villas, including a presidential suite, two villa beach suites, four master suites and 16 junior suites.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Tourists taking holidays in Cancun at the new resort can enjoy facilities such as seven infinity swimming pools, two tennis courts, a gym and beauty salon, a professional football field, and a luxury spa. Out of all of the Cancun hotels, Iberostar Cancun is also the only one to offer an 18-hole golf course.
The hotel caters for both holidaymakers and business travellers and it boasts a 49,000-square-foot convention centre which can be divided into 22 different meeting rooms. There is also more than 60,000 square feet of outdoor space for events and social activities such as weddings.
Image by: Press Tours, on Flickr
There are plenty of restaurants and bars at the hotels where guests can enjoy delicious local and international cuisine during holidays to Cancun including a buffet restaurant, an ice-cream parlour, a snack bar, a cigar bar, a modern sports bar and four speciality restaurants.
Children can take part in a wide range of activities at the Kids’ Club and there is also a babysitting service available so parents are free to enjoy a romantic meal, stroll on the sandy beach or a pampering massage at the spa.
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. The region is a popular destination for scuba diving holidays with its turquoise ocean waters and a stunning colourful barrier reef.
Image by: _Zinni_, on Flickr
The city has plenty to offer tourists and while enjoying a holiday in Cancun, visitors can take part in water sport activities on Nichupté Lagoon or explore the historic Mayan archaeological sites including Kinichná, Dzibanché and Tulum.
Cancun is set to receive even more visitors this year as intrigued travellers head to the region to find out more about the apocalyptic prophecies that predict the world will end on 21st December, 2012.
The Mexican coastal city is also celebrating its 42nd anniversary as a beach destination this year after the region was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...