Seychelles Ministers Working to Improve Popular Beau Vallon Beach for Holidaymakers
Ministers in the Seychelles are working together to enhance the nation's "golden mile" of Beau Vallon on Mahe to entice more tourists to take Seychelles holidays. They are planning to improve the pavements, public areas, and security along the beach area.
Joel Morgan, the Seychelles Minister for Home Affairs & Transport, and Alain St Ange the Tourism & Culture Minister are working together to improve the “golden mile” of Beau Vallon on the island of Mahe.
Beau Vallon Beach is a hotspot for tourists taking Seychelles holidays and the ministers are keen to enhance the area by improving the pavements and lighting; increasing security and lifeguards; and replanting the beachfront.
The beach is a tourism hub and every year thousands of holidaymakers head to the area to sunbathe on the pristine white sandy stretch and swim in the turquoise ocean.
The Ministry of Tourism & Culture is rallying the Northwest Mahe tourism industry players to find a way to maintain the positive image of the famous Beau Vallon so that it continues to entice tourists to book holidays in the Seychelles.
''We need an integrated approach. This will see the police and its lifeguards work hand in hand with tourism operators alongside the District Administration and the local Member of the National Assembly. What is being proposed will protect businesses and will enable everyone to consolidate their investments,” Minister Alain St. Ange explained.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Minister Morgan added: “All stakeholders should take their side of responsible behaviour to enhance Beau Vallon and make it the tourist area it deserves to be. Beau Vallon Beach is today not as safe as it can be.
“Everybody should take their side of responsibilities, and we should come together as a solid team to really enhance this area.”
The Seychelles is an island country situated in the Indian Ocean northeast of Madagascar spanning 115 beautiful islands. The archipelago is home to stunning natural landscapes that are made up of pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and lagoons, lush green dense forests and rolling green hills.
Image by: surf61, on Flickr
The islands boast a variety of Seychelles hotels, from luxury beachfront resorts, detached beach bungalows, and water villas, to charming B&Bs, exclusive island retreats and self-catering apartments.
During holidays to the Seychelles, travellers can dive beneath the surface of the warm ocean waters to explore the colourful coral reefs and underwater gardens; hike through thriving nature parks; take tours to historical sites and monuments; play golf on ocean-view courses; indulge and relax in luxury spas; and go on island-hopping boat trips.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...