Samana beaches named best in class for Dominican Republic holidays
Spanish travel magazine, El Mundo, listed Samana beaches as the best in the Dominican Republic. While most travellers booking Dominican Republic holidays are aware of the popular Punta Cana district, the lesser known Samana Peninsula is worth a visit.
Travellers who are planning their 2012 Dominican Republic holidays are likely to be day dreaming of spending their days under the warm Caribbean sun relaxing on a beautiful white sandy beach with crystal clear turquoise waters.
While the Dominican Republic is known best for all-inclusive package holidays in Punta Cana, according to the renowned Spanish online travel magazine ‘El Mundo', holidaymakers longing to experience a taste of paradise in the Dominican Republic should instead head straight to the breathtakingly beautiful but lesser known Samana Peninsula.
In a recent feature entitled "Samana, Dominican Essence", the magazine gave a glowing endorsement of the north eastern district of the Dominican Republic aptly describing it as a "strip of green terrain – intricately green – that sneaks into the Atlantic Ocean as an accidental prank".
Image by: Bill Sauro, on Flickr
The beautiful Samana beaches, described by El Mundo magazine as "pristine" and "idyllic", are sure to please even the holidaymaker with the most discerning taste. These beaches are the perfect combination of sun, sea and sand and most importantly holidaymakers are able to bask in the serenity that escapes many travellers on their Caribbean holidays with many destinations overrun by tourists.
Fortunately for the more active holidaymaker, holidays in Samana are not just about spending a lazy day on the beach listening to the calming sound of the waves lapping gently against the shore. Samana is one of nine distinct ecological zones in the Dominican Republic making it an ideal spot for anyone interested in a eco-friendly adventure.
Holidaymakers fortunate enough to book a stay in Samana between the months of January and March will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to observe the hump back whale- one of nature's most mystifying creatures. As many as 5000 whales make the journey from the cold waters of Iceland, Greenland and Canada to the Dominican Republic's Samana Bay to mate and calve.
Image by: ßrianø, on Flickr
In addition to whale watching, visitors on their Dominican Republic holidays in Samana can enjoy an adventurous jeep safari or even a deep dive to explore the colourful and captivating marine life hidden within Samana's waters. For the loved up couple hoping to strike a balance between adventure and romance there is nothing better than a romantic horse ride to the popular Salto Limon waterfall.
There is something for everyone in Samana so why not book before one of the Dominican Republic's best kept secrets gets out.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Live it up and enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy unlimited luxury, sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...