Samana beaches named best in class for Dominican Republic holidays
Spanish travel magazine, El Mundo, listed Samana beaches as the best in the Dominican Republic. While most travellers booking Dominican Republic holidays are aware of the popular Punta Cana district, the lesser known Samana Peninsula is worth a visit.
Travellers who are planning their 2012 Dominican Republic holidays are likely to be day dreaming of spending their days under the warm Caribbean sun relaxing on a beautiful white sandy beach with crystal clear turquoise waters.
While the Dominican Republic is known best for all-inclusive package holidays in Punta Cana, according to the renowned Spanish online travel magazine ‘El Mundo', holidaymakers longing to experience a taste of paradise in the Dominican Republic should instead head straight to the breathtakingly beautiful but lesser known Samana Peninsula.
In a recent feature entitled "Samana, Dominican Essence", the magazine gave a glowing endorsement of the north eastern district of the Dominican Republic aptly describing it as a "strip of green terrain – intricately green – that sneaks into the Atlantic Ocean as an accidental prank".
Image by: Bill Sauro, on Flickr
The beautiful Samana beaches, described by El Mundo magazine as "pristine" and "idyllic", are sure to please even the holidaymaker with the most discerning taste. These beaches are the perfect combination of sun, sea and sand and most importantly holidaymakers are able to bask in the serenity that escapes many travellers on their Caribbean holidays with many destinations overrun by tourists.
Fortunately for the more active holidaymaker, holidays in Samana are not just about spending a lazy day on the beach listening to the calming sound of the waves lapping gently against the shore. Samana is one of nine distinct ecological zones in the Dominican Republic making it an ideal spot for anyone interested in a eco-friendly adventure.
Holidaymakers fortunate enough to book a stay in Samana between the months of January and March will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to observe the hump back whale- one of nature's most mystifying creatures. As many as 5000 whales make the journey from the cold waters of Iceland, Greenland and Canada to the Dominican Republic's Samana Bay to mate and calve.
Image by: ßrianø, on Flickr
In addition to whale watching, visitors on their Dominican Republic holidays in Samana can enjoy an adventurous jeep safari or even a deep dive to explore the colourful and captivating marine life hidden within Samana's waters. For the loved up couple hoping to strike a balance between adventure and romance there is nothing better than a romantic horse ride to the popular Salto Limon waterfall.
There is something for everyone in Samana so why not book before one of the Dominican Republic's best kept secrets gets out.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...