Cayo Santa Maria in Villa Clara prepares to host the 2012 International Tourism Fair in Cuba
Cayo Santa Maria, in Villa Clara, is getting ready to offer a warm welcome to the participants of the upcoming International Tourism Fair of Cuba. The fair is another one of the country's efforts to increase the number of tourists taking Cuba holidays.
The 32nd International Tourism Fair of Cuba (FITCUBA 2012) will take place from 8th to 11th May in Cayo Santa Maria, a pristine key located in the province of Villa Clara, Cuba's most central region. Personnel specialised in the leisure industry are preparing ahead to offer a warm welcome to exhibitors and visitors attending the fair, which will give tourism officials an excellent opportunity to discuss the new projects that the island’s tourism sector has planned to increase the number of travellers taking Cuba holidays.
The staff at Villa Clara are gearing up and taking this opportunity to show all participants at the fair the natural beauty and attractions, culture, history and customs of this beautiful Cuban region. The luxury Cuba hotels and resorts in the north-eastern key of Cayo Santa Maria, lying off the coast of Villa Clara, as well as the picturesque lodgings of the city of Santa Clara are readying themselves for the event.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cayo Santa Maria, FITCUBA 2012’s venue, is formed by three breathtaking, sandy islets connected to mainland by a 48km-long land bridge. This fair is the most significant Cuban tourism event that will help promote the positive features of this emerging tourist area, which is part of the Buenvista Biosphere Reserve. It will also be dedicated to Argentina, which will be the guest of honour, and to the family holiday segment.
Jesus Diaz Canel, the director of Villa Clara’s Tourism Office, told the press that the FITCUBA 2012 would also give participants the opportunity to learn more about this region, by providing visits to various destinations within the central province of Villa Clara. One of the main places of interest, due to its cultural and historical values, guests will be able to visit is the picturesque town of Remedios, famous for its well-conserved colonial architecture and its traditions.
Image by: CarolinaTejas, on Flickr
If staying in Cayo Santa Maria and strolling along the city of Santa Clara participants will be able to go to one of the most visited monuments in Cuba: the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausuleum. Many travellers interested in history and the figure of Guevara have visited this beautiful site while on holidays to Cuba. The complex includes a museum and memorial dedicated to the Argentinean guerrilla fighter.
A report from the Cuban Tourism Ministry affirms that Cuba received its one millionth visitor this year on Thursday. This is a most satisfactory result, which was achieved 5 days before expected, and it demonstrates the ongoing efforts being made in the island to promote the travel industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
The perfect mix of the exciting city life in Havana and pampering beach retreat in Cayo Santa Maria.
- Upgrade to a return plane transfer between Havana and Cayo Santa Maria for £149 per person
- Add a Havana experience tour, including visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the rum factory, the famous Floridita bar and the Revolution Square
Stay in Havana's most legendary hotel and enjoy the unlimited luxury of a five-star all inclusive on the secluded beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- Tour around the many famous sights of Havana and then rest and relax in the tranquil resort of Cayo Santa Maria
- The historic Nacional de Cuba Hotel, declared a national monument, is located on a promontory in Vedado and enjoys impressive views over the sea and the city
- Bask in the beautiful subtropical climate and soak up the sun on the beach or by the pool in Cayo Santa Maria
Relax and enjoy every minute of your holiday at Melia Habana and Melia Buenavista
- Relish soothing massages and spa treatments at Melia Buenavista
- Unwind upon the deserted beaches of Cayo Santa Maria at Melia Buenavista
- Melia Habana Hotel boasts stunning views of bustling Havana, Mirimar and the coast
Melia Habana + Hotel La Union + Melia Buenavista + Melia Habana
- Melia Buenavista is located within an exquisite, serene and romantic beach setting.
- La Union hotel oozes with charm and boasts stunning views over Cienfuegos and the bay.
- The Melia Habana Hotel is nestled within a serene neighbourhood, yet is just 10 minutes away from Havana’s Old Town.
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
The Victoria Hotel is a small, contemporary, yet elegant hotel. Initially designed for business travellers, this hotel...