Cayo Santa Maria in Villa Clara prepares to host the 2012 International Tourism Fair in Cuba
Cayo Santa Maria, in Villa Clara, is getting ready to offer a warm welcome to the participants of the upcoming International Tourism Fair of Cuba. The fair is another one of the country's efforts to increase the number of tourists taking Cuba holidays.
The 32nd International Tourism Fair of Cuba (FITCUBA 2012) will take place from 8th to 11th May in Cayo Santa Maria, a pristine key located in the province of Villa Clara, Cuba's most central region. Personnel specialised in the leisure industry are preparing ahead to offer a warm welcome to exhibitors and visitors attending the fair, which will give tourism officials an excellent opportunity to discuss the new projects that the island’s tourism sector has planned to increase the number of travellers taking Cuba holidays.
The staff at Villa Clara are gearing up and taking this opportunity to show all participants at the fair the natural beauty and attractions, culture, history and customs of this beautiful Cuban region. The luxury Cuba hotels and resorts in the north-eastern key of Cayo Santa Maria, lying off the coast of Villa Clara, as well as the picturesque lodgings of the city of Santa Clara are readying themselves for the event.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cayo Santa Maria, FITCUBA 2012’s venue, is formed by three breathtaking, sandy islets connected to mainland by a 48km-long land bridge. This fair is the most significant Cuban tourism event that will help promote the positive features of this emerging tourist area, which is part of the Buenvista Biosphere Reserve. It will also be dedicated to Argentina, which will be the guest of honour, and to the family holiday segment.
Jesus Diaz Canel, the director of Villa Clara’s Tourism Office, told the press that the FITCUBA 2012 would also give participants the opportunity to learn more about this region, by providing visits to various destinations within the central province of Villa Clara. One of the main places of interest, due to its cultural and historical values, guests will be able to visit is the picturesque town of Remedios, famous for its well-conserved colonial architecture and its traditions.
Image by: CarolinaTejas, on Flickr
If staying in Cayo Santa Maria and strolling along the city of Santa Clara participants will be able to go to one of the most visited monuments in Cuba: the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausuleum. Many travellers interested in history and the figure of Guevara have visited this beautiful site while on holidays to Cuba. The complex includes a museum and memorial dedicated to the Argentinean guerrilla fighter.
A report from the Cuban Tourism Ministry affirms that Cuba received its one millionth visitor this year on Thursday. This is a most satisfactory result, which was achieved 5 days before expected, and it demonstrates the ongoing efforts being made in the island to promote the travel industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
The perfect mix of the exciting city life in Havana and pampering beach retreat in Cayo Santa Maria.
- Add a Havana experience tour, including visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the rum factory, the famous Floridita bar and the Revolution Square
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, including a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
- Upgrade to a return plane transfer between Havana and Cayo Santa Maria for Â£149 per person
Enjoy a perfectly matched multi centre holiday that combines exploration and relaxation that will guarantee a fantastic time
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel has a superb Havana location and a rooftop pool
- Iberostar Ensenachos is located on one of the most exclusive beaches in Cuba and boasts top of the range facilities
- The holiday provides the perfect combination of hustle and bustle and relaxation
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a luxury Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
- The Melia Habana stands out for its spacious lobby, decorated with tropical plants and the hotel also has the largest swimming pool in Havana
Luxury and romance are served with this 5-star Cuban getaway, including a boutique retreat that's been listed in Conde Nast's Gold List for The Americas.
- Adults-only resort on a fabulous secluded beach in Cayo Santa Maria
- Soak up the sun from the rooftop pool with fantastic city views of Havana at the Saratoga
- Enjoy the Sensational Spa treatments and facilities at Melia Buenavista
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Formerly known as the Sirenis Cayo Santa Maria, the newly renovated Gaviota Playa Cayo Santa Maria is a fantastic all...