Cayo Santa Maria in Villa Clara prepares to host the 2012 International Tourism Fair in Cuba
Cayo Santa Maria, in Villa Clara, is getting ready to offer a warm welcome to the participants of the upcoming International Tourism Fair of Cuba. The fair is another one of the country's efforts to increase the number of tourists taking Cuba holidays.
The 32nd International Tourism Fair of Cuba (FITCUBA 2012) will take place from 8th to 11th May in Cayo Santa Maria, a pristine key located in the province of Villa Clara, Cuba's most central region. Personnel specialised in the leisure industry are preparing ahead to offer a warm welcome to exhibitors and visitors attending the fair, which will give tourism officials an excellent opportunity to discuss the new projects that the island’s tourism sector has planned to increase the number of travellers taking Cuba holidays.
The staff at Villa Clara are gearing up and taking this opportunity to show all participants at the fair the natural beauty and attractions, culture, history and customs of this beautiful Cuban region. The luxury Cuba hotels and resorts in the north-eastern key of Cayo Santa Maria, lying off the coast of Villa Clara, as well as the picturesque lodgings of the city of Santa Clara are readying themselves for the event.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cayo Santa Maria, FITCUBA 2012’s venue, is formed by three breathtaking, sandy islets connected to mainland by a 48km-long land bridge. This fair is the most significant Cuban tourism event that will help promote the positive features of this emerging tourist area, which is part of the Buenvista Biosphere Reserve. It will also be dedicated to Argentina, which will be the guest of honour, and to the family holiday segment.
Jesus Diaz Canel, the director of Villa Clara’s Tourism Office, told the press that the FITCUBA 2012 would also give participants the opportunity to learn more about this region, by providing visits to various destinations within the central province of Villa Clara. One of the main places of interest, due to its cultural and historical values, guests will be able to visit is the picturesque town of Remedios, famous for its well-conserved colonial architecture and its traditions.
Image by: CarolinaTejas, on Flickr
If staying in Cayo Santa Maria and strolling along the city of Santa Clara participants will be able to go to one of the most visited monuments in Cuba: the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausuleum. Many travellers interested in history and the figure of Guevara have visited this beautiful site while on holidays to Cuba. The complex includes a museum and memorial dedicated to the Argentinean guerrilla fighter.
A report from the Cuban Tourism Ministry affirms that Cuba received its one millionth visitor this year on Thursday. This is a most satisfactory result, which was achieved 5 days before expected, and it demonstrates the ongoing efforts being made in the island to promote the travel industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Take in the Historic sites in Havana before total beach relaxation in Cayo Santa Maria
- The largest swimming pool of all the city hotels in Havana and Cuba at Melia Habana
- The best option for wellness and well-being lovers in a family- and couple-oriented location
- An all-inclusive resort with a wide range of services for families and groups of friends
Stay in Havana's most legendary hotel and enjoy the unlimited luxury of a five-star all inclusive on the secluded beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- The historic Nacional de Cuba Hotel, declared a national monument, is located on a promontory in Vedado and enjoys impressive views over the sea and the city.
- Tour around the many famous sights of Havana and then rest and relax in the tranquil resort of Cayo Santa Maria
- Bask in the beautiful subtropical climate and soak up the sun on the beach or by the pool in Cayo Santa Maria
Enjoy a perfectly matched multi centre holiday that combines exploration and relaxation that will guarantee a fantastic time
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel has a superb Havana location and a rooftop pool
- Iberostar Ensenachos is located on one of the most exclusive beaches in Cuba and boasts top of the range facilities
- The holiday provides the perfect combination of hustle and bustle and relaxation
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a luxury Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
- The Melia Habana stands out for its spacious lobby, decorated with tropical plants and the hotel also has the largest swimming pool in Havana
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Get into the Cuban spirit while you take some time off and relax for 15 days at the amazing all-inclusive Sol Cayo Santa...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...