Investment in the Cuba holiday industry continues to grow
The Cuban Tourism Minister insists that a strong investment process in the tourism industry is crucial for the further development of the country's economy. These investments are also aimed at making Cuba holidays more popular and pleasant for travellers.
Manuel Marrero, the Cuban Tourism Minister, recently stated that a strong long-term investment project in the Cuban tourism industry was essential for the ongoing development of the country’s economy. With 2.9 million visitors expected this year, it is the island’s top priority to make Cuba holidays more enjoyable and attractive to visitors.
This public announcement was made during the 9th International Fair of Construction (FECONS 2012), which recently took place in the Pabexpo exhibition centre, in the capital city of Havana. While taking part in the event, Mr Marrero explained to the press how one of the fair’s main aims was to contribute to attain the investment plan’s goals in terms of hotel capacities and in terms of the recovery of patrimonial buildings of tourist interest.
Image by: citronate, on Flickr
The raising of funds is needed to build new Cuba hotels, especially in the keys and surrounding areas, and, with the purpose of increasing the number of attractions for those who come on family holidays to Cuba or those interested in luxury holidays; the construction of new golf courses and aquariums starring dolphin shows are among the most important milestones tcited by Marrero in the FECONS 2012. In Marrero’s point of view, the presence of firms and suppliers of the latest technologies in the FECONS, make this event an important channel for the accomplishment of the country’s investment plans. The suppliers who attended the fair also made strong emphasis on energy-saving and low-budget constructive processes, which are two top requirements for the industry’s plans of expansion.
Once again, the importance of the leisure hospitality industry was stressed by Marrero when he pointed out the needof boosting the country’s economy by replacing imports, as well as collecting funds for the nation’s industrial sector. Although FECONS was highly useful to voice the island’s plans, the Cuban Tourism Minister will continue to look at attracting further investors in future events.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Marrero expects a larger presence of foreign firms in the upcoming International Tourism Fair (FITCuba 2012). The fair will be celebrated from 8th to 11th of May in one of the central-northern keys of Cuba, Cayo Santa Maria, and will be dedicated to Argentina, as the guest of honour. This year, the keys are the main product to be discussed and the participants of the fair will address family tourism as the most important segment to focus on.
In recent yeas, Cuba holidays have been rising in popularity among visitors to the Caribbean. This peculiar destination that offers the traveller far more than beach and sun already boasts over 50,000 rooms in some 300 Cuba hotels islandwide, and eight priority regions or resorts for tourism development country-wide. The new investments plans ensure fun, comfort and variety for those who decide to take holidays in Cuba in the future. Authorities are optimistic and are hoping to receive three million visitors per year soon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...