Investment in the Cuba holiday industry continues to grow
The Cuban Tourism Minister insists that a strong investment process in the tourism industry is crucial for the further development of the country's economy. These investments are also aimed at making Cuba holidays more popular and pleasant for travellers.
Manuel Marrero, the Cuban Tourism Minister, recently stated that a strong long-term investment project in the Cuban tourism industry was essential for the ongoing development of the country’s economy. With 2.9 million visitors expected this year, it is the island’s top priority to make Cuba holidays more enjoyable and attractive to visitors.
This public announcement was made during the 9th International Fair of Construction (FECONS 2012), which recently took place in the Pabexpo exhibition centre, in the capital city of Havana. While taking part in the event, Mr Marrero explained to the press how one of the fair’s main aims was to contribute to attain the investment plan’s goals in terms of hotel capacities and in terms of the recovery of patrimonial buildings of tourist interest.
Image by: citronate, on Flickr
The raising of funds is needed to build new Cuba hotels, especially in the keys and surrounding areas, and, with the purpose of increasing the number of attractions for those who come on family holidays to Cuba or those interested in luxury holidays; the construction of new golf courses and aquariums starring dolphin shows are among the most important milestones tcited by Marrero in the FECONS 2012. In Marrero’s point of view, the presence of firms and suppliers of the latest technologies in the FECONS, make this event an important channel for the accomplishment of the country’s investment plans. The suppliers who attended the fair also made strong emphasis on energy-saving and low-budget constructive processes, which are two top requirements for the industry’s plans of expansion.
Once again, the importance of the leisure hospitality industry was stressed by Marrero when he pointed out the needof boosting the country’s economy by replacing imports, as well as collecting funds for the nation’s industrial sector. Although FECONS was highly useful to voice the island’s plans, the Cuban Tourism Minister will continue to look at attracting further investors in future events.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Marrero expects a larger presence of foreign firms in the upcoming International Tourism Fair (FITCuba 2012). The fair will be celebrated from 8th to 11th of May in one of the central-northern keys of Cuba, Cayo Santa Maria, and will be dedicated to Argentina, as the guest of honour. This year, the keys are the main product to be discussed and the participants of the fair will address family tourism as the most important segment to focus on.
In recent yeas, Cuba holidays have been rising in popularity among visitors to the Caribbean. This peculiar destination that offers the traveller far more than beach and sun already boasts over 50,000 rooms in some 300 Cuba hotels islandwide, and eight priority regions or resorts for tourism development country-wide. The new investments plans ensure fun, comfort and variety for those who decide to take holidays in Cuba in the future. Authorities are optimistic and are hoping to receive three million visitors per year soon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...