Investment in the Cuba holiday industry continues to grow
The Cuban Tourism Minister insists that a strong investment process in the tourism industry is crucial for the further development of the country's economy. These investments are also aimed at making Cuba holidays more popular and pleasant for travellers.
Manuel Marrero, the Cuban Tourism Minister, recently stated that a strong long-term investment project in the Cuban tourism industry was essential for the ongoing development of the country’s economy. With 2.9 million visitors expected this year, it is the island’s top priority to make Cuba holidays more enjoyable and attractive to visitors.
This public announcement was made during the 9th International Fair of Construction (FECONS 2012), which recently took place in the Pabexpo exhibition centre, in the capital city of Havana. While taking part in the event, Mr Marrero explained to the press how one of the fair’s main aims was to contribute to attain the investment plan’s goals in terms of hotel capacities and in terms of the recovery of patrimonial buildings of tourist interest.
Image by: citronate, on Flickr
The raising of funds is needed to build new Cuba hotels, especially in the keys and surrounding areas, and, with the purpose of increasing the number of attractions for those who come on family holidays to Cuba or those interested in luxury holidays; the construction of new golf courses and aquariums starring dolphin shows are among the most important milestones tcited by Marrero in the FECONS 2012. In Marrero’s point of view, the presence of firms and suppliers of the latest technologies in the FECONS, make this event an important channel for the accomplishment of the country’s investment plans. The suppliers who attended the fair also made strong emphasis on energy-saving and low-budget constructive processes, which are two top requirements for the industry’s plans of expansion.
Once again, the importance of the leisure hospitality industry was stressed by Marrero when he pointed out the needof boosting the country’s economy by replacing imports, as well as collecting funds for the nation’s industrial sector. Although FECONS was highly useful to voice the island’s plans, the Cuban Tourism Minister will continue to look at attracting further investors in future events.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Marrero expects a larger presence of foreign firms in the upcoming International Tourism Fair (FITCuba 2012). The fair will be celebrated from 8th to 11th of May in one of the central-northern keys of Cuba, Cayo Santa Maria, and will be dedicated to Argentina, as the guest of honour. This year, the keys are the main product to be discussed and the participants of the fair will address family tourism as the most important segment to focus on.
In recent yeas, Cuba holidays have been rising in popularity among visitors to the Caribbean. This peculiar destination that offers the traveller far more than beach and sun already boasts over 50,000 rooms in some 300 Cuba hotels islandwide, and eight priority regions or resorts for tourism development country-wide. The new investments plans ensure fun, comfort and variety for those who decide to take holidays in Cuba in the future. Authorities are optimistic and are hoping to receive three million visitors per year soon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...