Sandos Hotels Develops New Eco-Friendly Hotels in Cancun and Tenerife
Sandos Hotels & Resorts has developed a green concept that will allow guests to enjoy a luxurious experience within an eco-friendly natural environment at the new Sandos Caracol and Sandos San Blas in Tenerife, perfect for eco-friendly Cancun holidays.
Travellers seeking an eco-friendly holiday experience will be able to combine nature with luxury at two Sandos Hotels & Resorts properties in Mexico and Spain.
The Sandos San Blas in Tenerife offers a European eco-break for tourists while the Sandos Caracol resort in the Riviera Maya provides idyllic green Cancun holidays.
Situated on a white sandy beach in the Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
Tourists taking holidays to Cancun at the Sandos Caracacol can learn about the surroundings through the Xcalacoco Experience which was created to educate and inform visitors about the area’s biodiversity and history.
Accommodation includes 956 luxury rooms and junior suites within 62 three-story villas and each room boasts modern amenities including wireless internet, 42-inch plasma TV with satellite, mini-bar, iPod player, telephone, coffeemaker and hairdryer.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The rooms’ air conditioning systems have low power consumption; the water is heated using a solar system; all furniture is made from wood from certified forests; the internal system uses LED lights; and there is an internal water recycling system in place to reduce waste.
The resort’s aim is to provide upscale holidays in Cancun with minimal environmental impact and during their stay guests can learn about the environment and help the local community through organised projects.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge and a small business centre.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, Kids’ Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, a solarium, a gym and spinning room and a beauty salon.
During eco-friendly Cancun holidays at the resort, guests can enjoy a wide selection of gourmet cuisine at the property’s eight restaurants. The menus include Mexican, Italian, Oriental, Mediterranean, and Brazilian dishes and all of the edible produce originates from within a 50 mile area.
Sandos Caracol is one of the few truly eco-friendly Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya area that offers a high end luxury experience for holidaymakers.
On the other had, the Sandos San Blas Hotel in Tenerife is situated next to prehistoric settlements and is surrounded by lush flora and fauna and stunning natural scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...