Sandos Hotels Develops New Eco-Friendly Hotels in Cancun and Tenerife
Sandos Hotels & Resorts has developed a green concept that will allow guests to enjoy a luxurious experience within an eco-friendly natural environment at the new Sandos Caracol and Sandos San Blas in Tenerife, perfect for eco-friendly Cancun holidays.
Travellers seeking an eco-friendly holiday experience will be able to combine nature with luxury at two Sandos Hotels & Resorts properties in Mexico and Spain.
The Sandos San Blas in Tenerife offers a European eco-break for tourists while the Sandos Caracol resort in the Riviera Maya provides idyllic green Cancun holidays.
Situated on a white sandy beach in the Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
Tourists taking holidays to Cancun at the Sandos Caracacol can learn about the surroundings through the Xcalacoco Experience which was created to educate and inform visitors about the area’s biodiversity and history.
Accommodation includes 956 luxury rooms and junior suites within 62 three-story villas and each room boasts modern amenities including wireless internet, 42-inch plasma TV with satellite, mini-bar, iPod player, telephone, coffeemaker and hairdryer.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The rooms’ air conditioning systems have low power consumption; the water is heated using a solar system; all furniture is made from wood from certified forests; the internal system uses LED lights; and there is an internal water recycling system in place to reduce waste.
The resort’s aim is to provide upscale holidays in Cancun with minimal environmental impact and during their stay guests can learn about the environment and help the local community through organised projects.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge and a small business centre.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, Kids’ Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, a solarium, a gym and spinning room and a beauty salon.
During eco-friendly Cancun holidays at the resort, guests can enjoy a wide selection of gourmet cuisine at the property’s eight restaurants. The menus include Mexican, Italian, Oriental, Mediterranean, and Brazilian dishes and all of the edible produce originates from within a 50 mile area.
Sandos Caracol is one of the few truly eco-friendly Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya area that offers a high end luxury experience for holidaymakers.
On the other had, the Sandos San Blas Hotel in Tenerife is situated next to prehistoric settlements and is surrounded by lush flora and fauna and stunning natural scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...