Sandos Hotels Develops New Eco-Friendly Hotels in Cancun and Tenerife
Sandos Hotels & Resorts has developed a green concept that will allow guests to enjoy a luxurious experience within an eco-friendly natural environment at the new Sandos Caracol and Sandos San Blas in Tenerife, perfect for eco-friendly Cancun holidays.
Travellers seeking an eco-friendly holiday experience will be able to combine nature with luxury at two Sandos Hotels & Resorts properties in Mexico and Spain.
The Sandos San Blas in Tenerife offers a European eco-break for tourists while the Sandos Caracol resort in the Riviera Maya provides idyllic green Cancun holidays.
Situated on a white sandy beach in the Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
Tourists taking holidays to Cancun at the Sandos Caracacol can learn about the surroundings through the Xcalacoco Experience which was created to educate and inform visitors about the area’s biodiversity and history.
Accommodation includes 956 luxury rooms and junior suites within 62 three-story villas and each room boasts modern amenities including wireless internet, 42-inch plasma TV with satellite, mini-bar, iPod player, telephone, coffeemaker and hairdryer.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The rooms’ air conditioning systems have low power consumption; the water is heated using a solar system; all furniture is made from wood from certified forests; the internal system uses LED lights; and there is an internal water recycling system in place to reduce waste.
The resort’s aim is to provide upscale holidays in Cancun with minimal environmental impact and during their stay guests can learn about the environment and help the local community through organised projects.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge and a small business centre.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, Kids’ Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, a solarium, a gym and spinning room and a beauty salon.
During eco-friendly Cancun holidays at the resort, guests can enjoy a wide selection of gourmet cuisine at the property’s eight restaurants. The menus include Mexican, Italian, Oriental, Mediterranean, and Brazilian dishes and all of the edible produce originates from within a 50 mile area.
Sandos Caracol is one of the few truly eco-friendly Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya area that offers a high end luxury experience for holidaymakers.
On the other had, the Sandos San Blas Hotel in Tenerife is situated next to prehistoric settlements and is surrounded by lush flora and fauna and stunning natural scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...