Emirates Launches Enhanced In-Flight Products for Exclusive Experiences on Dubai flights
Emirates, Dubai's leading airline, has announced the launch of the new exclusive Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the in-flight entertainments system during flights to Dubai holidays.
Emirates has announced that it will be launching a series of new in-flight product enhancements across its fleet of A380 aircraft over the next few months.
The airline has kicked off the improvements with the launch of the new Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the entertainment system during flights to Dubai as they make their way to Dubai holidays or to other of the many destinations across the world that Emirates flies to.
The GUI will be available over the next couple of weeks across all cabin classes on the airline’s fleet of A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft and all of the planes will be upgraded with the world’s leading Panasonic eX2 platform.
“Emirates has been tracking the commercial progress of GUIs, where an ever-expanding array of choices are available to consumers, and we wanted to bring the same experience, look, and feel available on smart phones and tablets to our loyal customers in an aircraft environment,” explained Tim Clark, the President of Emirates airline.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
“Emirates has always been committed to continuous innovation of our ice systems and to providing our passengers with a unique and memorable onboard experience.”
As part of a multi-million dollar investment in onboard technology, the airline’s enhanced in-flight products will include larger video screens in all classes on new Boeing 777 aircraft from May 2012, and passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class flights to Dubai and other major cities will have access to a new and improved in-seat telephone handset and Mode Controller.
The new GUI includes the ice Digital Widescreen that enables travellers to swipe or scroll the screen to access the full library of media and entertainment. Passengers can send SMS and email messages via the entertainment systems, access live text news from the BBC, and watch the in-flight landscape cameras.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East offering routes to destinations in 70 countries all over the world.
The Dubai-based airline began offering commercial flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and Middle Eastern destinations in 1985 and since then it has become the United Arab Emirate’s leading airline.
In December last year, the airline launched Wi-Fi connectivity onboard its fleet of A380 aircraft allowing all passengers taking Dubai flights to surf the internet and email during their journey.
The airline strives to provide the best in-flight experience for passengers, whether they are going on Abu Dhabi holidays or travelling to business trips in the Unites States or Europe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...