Emirates Launches Enhanced In-Flight Products for Exclusive Experiences on Dubai flights
Emirates, Dubai's leading airline, has announced the launch of the new exclusive Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the in-flight entertainments system during flights to Dubai holidays.
Emirates has announced that it will be launching a series of new in-flight product enhancements across its fleet of A380 aircraft over the next few months.
The airline has kicked off the improvements with the launch of the new Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the entertainment system during flights to Dubai as they make their way to Dubai holidays or to other of the many destinations across the world that Emirates flies to.
The GUI will be available over the next couple of weeks across all cabin classes on the airline’s fleet of A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft and all of the planes will be upgraded with the world’s leading Panasonic eX2 platform.
“Emirates has been tracking the commercial progress of GUIs, where an ever-expanding array of choices are available to consumers, and we wanted to bring the same experience, look, and feel available on smart phones and tablets to our loyal customers in an aircraft environment,” explained Tim Clark, the President of Emirates airline.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
“Emirates has always been committed to continuous innovation of our ice systems and to providing our passengers with a unique and memorable onboard experience.”
As part of a multi-million dollar investment in onboard technology, the airline’s enhanced in-flight products will include larger video screens in all classes on new Boeing 777 aircraft from May 2012, and passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class flights to Dubai and other major cities will have access to a new and improved in-seat telephone handset and Mode Controller.
The new GUI includes the ice Digital Widescreen that enables travellers to swipe or scroll the screen to access the full library of media and entertainment. Passengers can send SMS and email messages via the entertainment systems, access live text news from the BBC, and watch the in-flight landscape cameras.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East offering routes to destinations in 70 countries all over the world.
The Dubai-based airline began offering commercial flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and Middle Eastern destinations in 1985 and since then it has become the United Arab Emirate’s leading airline.
In December last year, the airline launched Wi-Fi connectivity onboard its fleet of A380 aircraft allowing all passengers taking Dubai flights to surf the internet and email during their journey.
The airline strives to provide the best in-flight experience for passengers, whether they are going on Abu Dhabi holidays or travelling to business trips in the Unites States or Europe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...