Emirates Launches Enhanced In-Flight Products for Exclusive Experiences on Dubai flights
Emirates, Dubai's leading airline, has announced the launch of the new exclusive Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the in-flight entertainments system during flights to Dubai holidays.
Emirates has announced that it will be launching a series of new in-flight product enhancements across its fleet of A380 aircraft over the next few months.
The airline has kicked off the improvements with the launch of the new Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the entertainment system during flights to Dubai as they make their way to Dubai holidays or to other of the many destinations across the world that Emirates flies to.
The GUI will be available over the next couple of weeks across all cabin classes on the airline’s fleet of A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft and all of the planes will be upgraded with the world’s leading Panasonic eX2 platform.
“Emirates has been tracking the commercial progress of GUIs, where an ever-expanding array of choices are available to consumers, and we wanted to bring the same experience, look, and feel available on smart phones and tablets to our loyal customers in an aircraft environment,” explained Tim Clark, the President of Emirates airline.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
“Emirates has always been committed to continuous innovation of our ice systems and to providing our passengers with a unique and memorable onboard experience.”
As part of a multi-million dollar investment in onboard technology, the airline’s enhanced in-flight products will include larger video screens in all classes on new Boeing 777 aircraft from May 2012, and passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class flights to Dubai and other major cities will have access to a new and improved in-seat telephone handset and Mode Controller.
The new GUI includes the ice Digital Widescreen that enables travellers to swipe or scroll the screen to access the full library of media and entertainment. Passengers can send SMS and email messages via the entertainment systems, access live text news from the BBC, and watch the in-flight landscape cameras.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East offering routes to destinations in 70 countries all over the world.
The Dubai-based airline began offering commercial flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and Middle Eastern destinations in 1985 and since then it has become the United Arab Emirate’s leading airline.
In December last year, the airline launched Wi-Fi connectivity onboard its fleet of A380 aircraft allowing all passengers taking Dubai flights to surf the internet and email during their journey.
The airline strives to provide the best in-flight experience for passengers, whether they are going on Abu Dhabi holidays or travelling to business trips in the Unites States or Europe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...