Emirates Launches Enhanced In-Flight Products for Exclusive Experiences on Dubai flights
Emirates, Dubai's leading airline, has announced the launch of the new exclusive Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the in-flight entertainments system during flights to Dubai holidays.
Emirates has announced that it will be launching a series of new in-flight product enhancements across its fleet of A380 aircraft over the next few months.
The airline has kicked off the improvements with the launch of the new Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the entertainment system during flights to Dubai as they make their way to Dubai holidays or to other of the many destinations across the world that Emirates flies to.
The GUI will be available over the next couple of weeks across all cabin classes on the airline’s fleet of A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft and all of the planes will be upgraded with the world’s leading Panasonic eX2 platform.
“Emirates has been tracking the commercial progress of GUIs, where an ever-expanding array of choices are available to consumers, and we wanted to bring the same experience, look, and feel available on smart phones and tablets to our loyal customers in an aircraft environment,” explained Tim Clark, the President of Emirates airline.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
“Emirates has always been committed to continuous innovation of our ice systems and to providing our passengers with a unique and memorable onboard experience.”
As part of a multi-million dollar investment in onboard technology, the airline’s enhanced in-flight products will include larger video screens in all classes on new Boeing 777 aircraft from May 2012, and passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class flights to Dubai and other major cities will have access to a new and improved in-seat telephone handset and Mode Controller.
The new GUI includes the ice Digital Widescreen that enables travellers to swipe or scroll the screen to access the full library of media and entertainment. Passengers can send SMS and email messages via the entertainment systems, access live text news from the BBC, and watch the in-flight landscape cameras.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East offering routes to destinations in 70 countries all over the world.
The Dubai-based airline began offering commercial flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and Middle Eastern destinations in 1985 and since then it has become the United Arab Emirate’s leading airline.
In December last year, the airline launched Wi-Fi connectivity onboard its fleet of A380 aircraft allowing all passengers taking Dubai flights to surf the internet and email during their journey.
The airline strives to provide the best in-flight experience for passengers, whether they are going on Abu Dhabi holidays or travelling to business trips in the Unites States or Europe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...