Beauty of the Seychelles Showcased in New BBC Indian Ocean Series
Simon Reeve's BBC Indian Ocean TV series is scheduled to begin on 22nd April showcasing the delights of the region. Booking for Seychelles holidays are likely to increase after views watch the episode about the region's stunning landscapes and lifestyle.
A TV series about the Indian Ocean is scheduled to air its first episode on the BBC on 22nd April, 2012 and will highlight the region’s natural beauty and culture.
The Seychelles islands were filmed as part of the series by Simon Reeve and the second episode will feature Simon’s visit to Brendan Grimshaw’s island, giant tortoises, and anti-piracy activities, and it is likely to result in an increase of bookings for Seychelles holidays.
Jane McMullen, the Assistant Producer at the BBC, thanked the Seychelles Tourist Office for helping during the filming, saying “It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. Simon and the crew all send their best wishes.”
The Seychelles episode of the TV series will be aired on the BBC2 on 29th April at 8pm.
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean northeast of Madagascar spanning 115 beautiful islands. The archipelago boasts stunning natural landscapes made up of pristine white sand palm fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and lagoons, lush green forests and rolling green hills.
Image by: Béné & 2ni, on Flickr
During holidays to the Seychelles, tourists can explore the colourful coral reefs and underwater gardens beneath the surface of the warm ocean waters; trek through thriving nature parks; explore historical sites and monuments; go island-hopping on a boat; play golf on ocean-view courses; and indulge and relax in luxury spas.
The islands offer a selection of Seychelles hotels to choose from including luxury beachfront resorts, detached beach bungalows, water villas, charming B&Bs, exclusive island retreats and self-catering apartments.
The Seychelles Minister of Tourism and Culture commented: “We are delighted that the Simon Reeve’s Indian Ocean series will be aired soon and that Seychelles will be showcased to all BBC TV viewers.
“This program comes out as the Seychelles celebrates the 40th anniversary since Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II officially opened the Seychelles International Airport, which launched the islands’ tourism industry in earnest.
Image by: Hotels and Lodges, on Flickr
“And 2012 is also the year when we shall be celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee; we believe that the Simon Reeve’s Indian Ocean series could not have come at a more appropriate time to show to the world how well a sustainable tourism approach has been developed in Seychelles for the last 40 years.”
The Seychelles celebrated its highest number of visitor arrivals in the month of February this year. February saw 16,116 tourists take holidays in the Seychelles which was an eight per cent increase compared to the number of travellers who visited the nation in the same month in 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...