The rising popularity of Dominican Republic holidays gains recognition across the industry
Dominican Republic holidays with key locations like Punta Cana have been creating a buzz across the tourism industry. Among other notable accolades, the Dominican Republic has been nominated in 14 categories for the upcoming World Travel Awards.
The Dominican Republic has long been considered one of the Caribbean’s leading holiday destinations, with luxurious beach destinations like Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and the Samana Peninsula; and now, 2012 seems to be shaping up to become a particularly good year for the Caribbean nation's tourism industry. The World Travel Awards (WTA), often referred to as the Oscars of the tourism industry, has recently announced the nominees for the 2012 awards and The Dominican Republic has been nominated in an impressive 14 categories, indicative of the growing popularity of Dominican Republic holidays.
The diversity of the categories in which the Dominican Republic has been nominated is a testament to the hard work that has been put in by the island’s tourism stakeholders and most notably the many hard working Dominican Republic hotels which are known for their warm Caribbean hospitality.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The 14 categories in which the Dominican Republic earned nominations included, leading beach resort, leading cruise destination, leading casino resort in the Caribbean leading honeymoon resort as well as leading resort and all inclusive resort in the Caribbean. Notably, nominees for leading Caribbean boutique hotel included the Sivory Punta Cana and The Bannister hotel, while the Catalonia Bavaro Resort made it way on the list of nominees for leading Caribbean boutique resorts.
Along with the WTA nominations announcement, Expedia Inc recently announced a 12 per cent increase in the number of travellers booking Dominican Republic holidays from its global network during 2011. Marco Tagliatti, Expedia’s Vice President of Lodging in Latin America and the Caribbean stated, “In 2011, Expedia, Inc. sent more than 1.2 million travellers to the Caribbean Islands, with the Dominican Republic leading that market in terms of traveller demand”.
Image by: SEMwinners, on Flickr
Additionally, in a nod to the Dominican Republic swiftly becoming the “it” Caribbean destination of 2012 investment firms are flagging the island as the ideal location to invest in holiday rental property. Managing director of investment firm Macleesipps, Gary Mc Ard noted, “The growth of tourism in the area has been staggering and this can only feed the appetite for investing in property that is excellent value for money”.
Travellers planning a getaway to the trendiest Caribbean destination may well want to be a part of the buzz that is currently surrounding holidays in Dominican Republic for 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...