Virginal Holidays in St Vincent and the Grenadines promise an authentic Caribbean experience
For travellers longing for an authentic Caribbean holidays experience with a taste of the island life as it was before the influx of tourists, the luxury hotels and casinos, a relaxing holiday in St Vincent and the Grenadines won't disappoint.
St. Vincent and The Grenadines has long been one of the best kept secrets in the Caribbean. Unlike many of its Caribbean counterparts, the lesser known St Vincent and the Grenadines have yet to be swamped by a heavy influx of international tourists. The islands are a true Caribbean paradise, made up of the main island of St Vincent and two thirds of The Grenadines archipelago which sits between St. Vincent and Grenada comprising of 100 tiny islands and keys.
In the absence of the many modern day tourist trappings such as large all inclusive hotels in St Vincent and the Grenadines, first class shopping centres or the casinos that can be found in other popular Caribbean islands such as the Dominican Republic, the serene laid back atmosphere in St. Vincent and the Grenadines gives holidaymakers a truly authentic Caribbean experience.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
A must see for any traveller planning to book holidays in St Vincent and the Grenadines is the charming island Bequia otherwise known as “the island of the clouds” -a name given to the island by the native Carib Indians inhabitants many years ago. The secluded island of Bequia with a mere 5000 residents is the largest in the Grenadines and like others in the archipelago it has proved to be a popular spot for yachtsmen. While tourism has exhibited modest growth over the years it is in fact boat building and repair that makes the most significant contribution to the economy. However, many expect the tourism industry to take off with an international airport currently under construction in St Vincent meaning that holidaymakers will soon have access to direct flights to St Vincent and the Grenadines.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
This seven-square-mile island of Bequia is ideal for travellers on their romantic Grenadines holidays. Travellers can spend a day lazing on the beautiful white sand beaches soaking in the warm Caribbean sun. A romantic evening stroll to Mount Pleasant from the main village of Port Elizabeth is guaranteed to be worth the effort with a jaw dropping view of Admiralty Bay made perfect by the Caribbean sunset.
Holidaymakers hoping to sample a taste of the Caribbean as it was before the hotel chains and the crowded beaches should book their holidays in St Vincent and the Grenadines soon because islands like these are not kept a secret for long.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Vincent and the Grenadines Browse all
Plantation styled buildings with views over the shimmering Caribbean Sea
- Sitting on the shores of Admiralty Bay looking out onto the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Stunning luxury retreat that offers the rarity of both intimacy and spaciousness
- Close to one of Bequia's most stunning bays - Princess Margaret Beach and the charming little town of Port Elizabeth
Featuring tropical and nautical decor, Bequia Beach Hotel is an Island paradise
- Luxury Caribbean boutique hotel located on Friendship Beach
- Airy Tropical or nautical-inspired decor rooms
- A True Hideaway Island perfect for Beach Bliss
Indulge yourself with lush tropical gardens, crystal blue waters, warm sunshine, and superb food at Young Island
- Stay and receive a Complimentary Spa Voucher for 2 at the hotel's Spa Kalina
- Explore beautiful shores on the private island resort filled with lush tropical gardens and a national wildlife reserve to explore
- Enjoy a variety of complimentary watersports including kayaks, sailing dinghies, and snorkels with masks and flippers all included in your All Inclusive plan
Leave the world behind and escape to Palm Island, a private island that's the ultimate idyllic tropical hideaway - it's what exclusivity is all about
- Superb all-inclusive options at two Ã la carte restaurants, daily afternoon tea, cocktail party, silent disco, beach cinema and weekly cooking demonstrations
- Take to the waters to swim, snorkel and dive, or explore the 135-acre hideaway by foot or bike
- Private island resort with five white sand beaches to choose from
Located on the idyllic paradise island off the south coast of St. Vincent & Grenadines, Young Island is a tropical haven...
Make the most of the exclusive services and one-of-a-kind facilities of the all-inclusive Palm Island Resort during your...
Ever wanted to experience both the famously stunning getaway of Barbados and the tranquil private island of Palm Island?...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Located in a prime beach front location and surrounded by blooming flowers and towering coconut trees you can find the...
Come and lose yourself in the Caribbean Splendour of Bequia Beach Hotel. This new retro-chic beach hotel offers...
Set out on a dream Caribbean excursion in the gorgeous Grenadines archipelago for an unforgettable week of R&R. Besides...