Holiday Hypermarket List Reveals Cancun As One of the Top Holiday Destinations for Londoners
Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer, has revealed the top beach destinations for Londoners this year. According to the travel company, more travellers from the city are choosing Cancun holidays and trips to Tenerife and Majorca in Europe.
The top beach destinations for Londoners this year have been unveiled by Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer.
The list was based on the number of bookings and departures from London Airports from the beginning of 2012 and it has revealed that Tenerife, Majorca and Cancun holidays are among the favourites for travellers from the city.
Tenerife in the Canaries was at the top of the list, and Palma, a city in Majorca and the capital of the Balearic Islands, and the coastal destination of Cancun in southern Mexico followed closely behind.
The Marketing Manager at Holiday Hypermarket, Calum MacDonald, explained: "Part of the appeal is that these islands have adapted to Londoners' tastes - whether it comes in the form of boutique hotels, adventure sports or cheap and cheerful two-star hotels. We offer cheap holidays to popular resorts on these islands - for example, Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos in Tenerife - making it quick and convenient to book holidays there.”
Bookings for holidays in Cancun have increased over recent months as travellers head to the region to learn more about the “end of the world” apocalyptic prophecies.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The region’s tourism board is taking advantage of the influx of visitors by reinventing the city as a destination for culinary delights, ancient sites and archaeological ruins, and breathtaking scuba diving adventures.
Cancun hotels are receiving more bookings as holidaymakers head to the city for beach breaks and cultural experiences.
The city has plenty to offer tourists and during holidays to Cancun, visitors can enjoy water sport activities on Nichupté Lagoon or explore the historic Mayan archaeological sites including Kinichná, Dzibanché and Tulum.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. The region is a popular destination for Cancun scuba diving holidays and the divers can dive beneath the surface of turquoise ocean waters to explore the stunning colourful barrier reef.
Mr MacDonald added: "Many of these destinations are as pleasant in winter as they are in summer, when the weather can get incredibly hot. Cooler temperatures mean visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like walking, hiking and cycling, and because the seas remain warm, tourists can swim, snorkel, scuba dive and generally enjoy the sunshine all-year-round."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...