Holiday Hypermarket List Reveals Cancun As One of the Top Holiday Destinations for Londoners
Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer, has revealed the top beach destinations for Londoners this year. According to the travel company, more travellers from the city are choosing Cancun holidays and trips to Tenerife and Majorca in Europe.
The top beach destinations for Londoners this year have been unveiled by Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer.
The list was based on the number of bookings and departures from London Airports from the beginning of 2012 and it has revealed that Tenerife, Majorca and Cancun holidays are among the favourites for travellers from the city.
Tenerife in the Canaries was at the top of the list, and Palma, a city in Majorca and the capital of the Balearic Islands, and the coastal destination of Cancun in southern Mexico followed closely behind.
The Marketing Manager at Holiday Hypermarket, Calum MacDonald, explained: "Part of the appeal is that these islands have adapted to Londoners' tastes - whether it comes in the form of boutique hotels, adventure sports or cheap and cheerful two-star hotels. We offer cheap holidays to popular resorts on these islands - for example, Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos in Tenerife - making it quick and convenient to book holidays there.”
Bookings for holidays in Cancun have increased over recent months as travellers head to the region to learn more about the “end of the world” apocalyptic prophecies.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The region’s tourism board is taking advantage of the influx of visitors by reinventing the city as a destination for culinary delights, ancient sites and archaeological ruins, and breathtaking scuba diving adventures.
Cancun hotels are receiving more bookings as holidaymakers head to the city for beach breaks and cultural experiences.
The city has plenty to offer tourists and during holidays to Cancun, visitors can enjoy water sport activities on Nichupté Lagoon or explore the historic Mayan archaeological sites including Kinichná, Dzibanché and Tulum.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. The region is a popular destination for Cancun scuba diving holidays and the divers can dive beneath the surface of turquoise ocean waters to explore the stunning colourful barrier reef.
Mr MacDonald added: "Many of these destinations are as pleasant in winter as they are in summer, when the weather can get incredibly hot. Cooler temperatures mean visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like walking, hiking and cycling, and because the seas remain warm, tourists can swim, snorkel, scuba dive and generally enjoy the sunshine all-year-round."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...