Holiday Hypermarket List Reveals Cancun As One of the Top Holiday Destinations for Londoners
Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer, has revealed the top beach destinations for Londoners this year. According to the travel company, more travellers from the city are choosing Cancun holidays and trips to Tenerife and Majorca in Europe.
The top beach destinations for Londoners this year have been unveiled by Holiday Hypermarket, an online travel retailer.
The list was based on the number of bookings and departures from London Airports from the beginning of 2012 and it has revealed that Tenerife, Majorca and Cancun holidays are among the favourites for travellers from the city.
Tenerife in the Canaries was at the top of the list, and Palma, a city in Majorca and the capital of the Balearic Islands, and the coastal destination of Cancun in southern Mexico followed closely behind.
The Marketing Manager at Holiday Hypermarket, Calum MacDonald, explained: "Part of the appeal is that these islands have adapted to Londoners' tastes - whether it comes in the form of boutique hotels, adventure sports or cheap and cheerful two-star hotels. We offer cheap holidays to popular resorts on these islands - for example, Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos in Tenerife - making it quick and convenient to book holidays there.”
Bookings for holidays in Cancun have increased over recent months as travellers head to the region to learn more about the “end of the world” apocalyptic prophecies.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The region’s tourism board is taking advantage of the influx of visitors by reinventing the city as a destination for culinary delights, ancient sites and archaeological ruins, and breathtaking scuba diving adventures.
Cancun hotels are receiving more bookings as holidaymakers head to the city for beach breaks and cultural experiences.
The city has plenty to offer tourists and during holidays to Cancun, visitors can enjoy water sport activities on Nichupté Lagoon or explore the historic Mayan archaeological sites including Kinichná, Dzibanché and Tulum.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan channel which separates Mexico from the island of Cuba. The region is a popular destination for Cancun scuba diving holidays and the divers can dive beneath the surface of turquoise ocean waters to explore the stunning colourful barrier reef.
Mr MacDonald added: "Many of these destinations are as pleasant in winter as they are in summer, when the weather can get incredibly hot. Cooler temperatures mean visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like walking, hiking and cycling, and because the seas remain warm, tourists can swim, snorkel, scuba dive and generally enjoy the sunshine all-year-round."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...