Dubai leads the way for successful tourism in the Middle East
Dubai is one of the leading tourist destinations in the Middle East and the emirate is fast becoming one of the world's travel hotspots. As more travellers take Dubai holidays, the city has seen a surge of hotels, flights, and tourist attractions.
Dubai's tourism industry is booming and it has become one of the leading tourist destinations in the Middle East. The last three quarters of 2011 revealed an increase in international travellers taking Dubai holidays and the emirate's tourism revenues are steadily growing.
Khalid a bin Sulayem, the Director General of Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, explained: "The stellar performance of Dubai's tourism industry is a testimony to the aggressive promotional and marketing drive the department has been pursuing to enhance the number of tourists to the destination by tapping established and emerging markets across the world.
"The impressive gains made during the January-September period last year reflect the inspiring public-private sector partnership to tap the tourism potential of Dubai."
In the first eight months of 2011, 6.64 million visitors stayed in the city; an increase of 11 per cent compared to the same period in 2010. The rise in tourists has led to the development of new Dubai hotels and 13,200 new rooms are currently under construction in the city.
Earlier this year, the $1.33 billion mega project, Habtoor Palace, was unveiled which is due to open in 2015 and will feature three luxury hotels along the Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The 1,614-room JW Marriott Marquis is set to become the tallest hotel in the emirate when it opens its door to tourists arriving to holiday in Dubai later this year.
"The hotel will fill a long identified gap in the market where groups, meetings and conventions of up to 1,000 people can meet, sleep and dine under one roof, in one location," explained Rupprecht Queitsch, the General Manager of the Dubai hotel.
The development and success of the Middle Eastern airline, Emirates, has contributed towards the surge in visitors to the Emirate and travellers from all over the world have access to flights to Dubai from hundreds of major cities. The airline recently confirmed the new service to Amsterdam which will commence on 1st August, 2012 and provide a direct route for European travellers going on holidays to Dubai.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The United Arab Emirate's cruise industry is also taking off as Costa Favalosa and Aida Blu cruise ships offer week-long itineraries in the region and the Dubai Cruise Terminal will be used as the home port. Last year, the World Travel Awards voted The Dubai Cruise Terminal as the Middle East's Leading Cruise Port for the fourth consecutive year.
Dubai will be hosting the World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony later this month at the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa. The ceremony will honour the leading travel companies, organisations, airlines, attractions and hotels across Dubai and the rest of the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...