Luxury Dubai hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers obtains Green Globe certification
One of the many luxurious Dubai hotels, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Jumeirah makes consistent efforts to offer an eco friendly approach while still providing its guests with five star treatment.
Following a sustainability audit, five star Jumeirah Emirates Towers, one of many luxury Dubai hotels gracing the emirate's popular Jumeirah district, joined the list of over 800 Green Globe Certified businesses around the world making it the first of the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts Group to be accredited with such a recognition. As part of its own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has been making consistent efforts to develop its eco-friendly policies and as a result the hotel was able to achieve an impressive score of 85 per cent compliance against the Green Glove Standard for Sustainable Travel & Tourism.
Some of the notable green initiatives employed by the Jumeirah Emirates Tower include energy saving, water management as well as automated systems with the capability of monitoring and controlling the usage of air conditioning and other electrical devices as the hotel guests come and go out of their rooms.
Image by: cLAB, on Flickr
Unlike many other hotels in Dubai, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers sustainability measures are not limited to those on their luxury Dubai holidays but also extend to guests on business trips with their “Daily Environmental Package” specifically designed for business meetings held in the hotels conference rooms. Under this package, business guests can opt for filtered water in decanters as opposed to the traditional individual 300 ml plastic bottles for example. Tenants of the Office Tower have also been part of the green trend with the hotel signing up to the office of the Prime Minister’s “Green Vision” initiative which seeks to ensure that all employees observe best practice for environmental conservation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The hotel management was keen to note that the green ethic has led to significant cost savings for the Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The simple act of dimming the lights in recognition of Earth Hour, which the Towers will once again observe this year on 31st March 2012 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, makes a difference to the energy consumption of such a large scale luxury hotel. A notable impact on any business’ bottom line may well encourage other luxury Dubai hotels to follow suit in the future and promote sustainable tourism.
Green Globe is a U.S. based global certification body for sustainable tourism and it’s a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, supported by the United Nations Foundation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...