Luxury Dubai hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers obtains Green Globe certification
One of the many luxurious Dubai hotels, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Jumeirah makes consistent efforts to offer an eco friendly approach while still providing its guests with five star treatment.
Following a sustainability audit, five star Jumeirah Emirates Towers, one of many luxury Dubai hotels gracing the emirate's popular Jumeirah district, joined the list of over 800 Green Globe Certified businesses around the world making it the first of the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts Group to be accredited with such a recognition. As part of its own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has been making consistent efforts to develop its eco-friendly policies and as a result the hotel was able to achieve an impressive score of 85 per cent compliance against the Green Glove Standard for Sustainable Travel & Tourism.
Some of the notable green initiatives employed by the Jumeirah Emirates Tower include energy saving, water management as well as automated systems with the capability of monitoring and controlling the usage of air conditioning and other electrical devices as the hotel guests come and go out of their rooms.
Image by: cLAB, on Flickr
Unlike many other hotels in Dubai, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers sustainability measures are not limited to those on their luxury Dubai holidays but also extend to guests on business trips with their “Daily Environmental Package” specifically designed for business meetings held in the hotels conference rooms. Under this package, business guests can opt for filtered water in decanters as opposed to the traditional individual 300 ml plastic bottles for example. Tenants of the Office Tower have also been part of the green trend with the hotel signing up to the office of the Prime Minister’s “Green Vision” initiative which seeks to ensure that all employees observe best practice for environmental conservation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The hotel management was keen to note that the green ethic has led to significant cost savings for the Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The simple act of dimming the lights in recognition of Earth Hour, which the Towers will once again observe this year on 31st March 2012 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, makes a difference to the energy consumption of such a large scale luxury hotel. A notable impact on any business’ bottom line may well encourage other luxury Dubai hotels to follow suit in the future and promote sustainable tourism.
Green Globe is a U.S. based global certification body for sustainable tourism and it’s a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, supported by the United Nations Foundation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai , the only hotel with a restaurant with 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...