Luxury Dubai hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers obtains Green Globe certification
One of the many luxurious Dubai hotels, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Jumeirah makes consistent efforts to offer an eco friendly approach while still providing its guests with five star treatment.
Following a sustainability audit, five star Jumeirah Emirates Towers, one of many luxury Dubai hotels gracing the emirate's popular Jumeirah district, joined the list of over 800 Green Globe Certified businesses around the world making it the first of the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts Group to be accredited with such a recognition. As part of its own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has been making consistent efforts to develop its eco-friendly policies and as a result the hotel was able to achieve an impressive score of 85 per cent compliance against the Green Glove Standard for Sustainable Travel & Tourism.
Some of the notable green initiatives employed by the Jumeirah Emirates Tower include energy saving, water management as well as automated systems with the capability of monitoring and controlling the usage of air conditioning and other electrical devices as the hotel guests come and go out of their rooms.
Image by: cLAB, on Flickr
Unlike many other hotels in Dubai, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers sustainability measures are not limited to those on their luxury Dubai holidays but also extend to guests on business trips with their “Daily Environmental Package” specifically designed for business meetings held in the hotels conference rooms. Under this package, business guests can opt for filtered water in decanters as opposed to the traditional individual 300 ml plastic bottles for example. Tenants of the Office Tower have also been part of the green trend with the hotel signing up to the office of the Prime Minister’s “Green Vision” initiative which seeks to ensure that all employees observe best practice for environmental conservation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The hotel management was keen to note that the green ethic has led to significant cost savings for the Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The simple act of dimming the lights in recognition of Earth Hour, which the Towers will once again observe this year on 31st March 2012 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, makes a difference to the energy consumption of such a large scale luxury hotel. A notable impact on any business’ bottom line may well encourage other luxury Dubai hotels to follow suit in the future and promote sustainable tourism.
Green Globe is a U.S. based global certification body for sustainable tourism and it’s a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, supported by the United Nations Foundation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...