Luxury Dubai hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers obtains Green Globe certification
One of the many luxurious Dubai hotels, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Jumeirah makes consistent efforts to offer an eco friendly approach while still providing its guests with five star treatment.
Following a sustainability audit, five star Jumeirah Emirates Towers, one of many luxury Dubai hotels gracing the emirate's popular Jumeirah district, joined the list of over 800 Green Globe Certified businesses around the world making it the first of the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts Group to be accredited with such a recognition. As part of its own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme the Jumeirah Emirates Towers has been making consistent efforts to develop its eco-friendly policies and as a result the hotel was able to achieve an impressive score of 85 per cent compliance against the Green Glove Standard for Sustainable Travel & Tourism.
Some of the notable green initiatives employed by the Jumeirah Emirates Tower include energy saving, water management as well as automated systems with the capability of monitoring and controlling the usage of air conditioning and other electrical devices as the hotel guests come and go out of their rooms.
Image by: cLAB, on Flickr
Unlike many other hotels in Dubai, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers sustainability measures are not limited to those on their luxury Dubai holidays but also extend to guests on business trips with their “Daily Environmental Package” specifically designed for business meetings held in the hotels conference rooms. Under this package, business guests can opt for filtered water in decanters as opposed to the traditional individual 300 ml plastic bottles for example. Tenants of the Office Tower have also been part of the green trend with the hotel signing up to the office of the Prime Minister’s “Green Vision” initiative which seeks to ensure that all employees observe best practice for environmental conservation.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The hotel management was keen to note that the green ethic has led to significant cost savings for the Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The simple act of dimming the lights in recognition of Earth Hour, which the Towers will once again observe this year on 31st March 2012 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, makes a difference to the energy consumption of such a large scale luxury hotel. A notable impact on any business’ bottom line may well encourage other luxury Dubai hotels to follow suit in the future and promote sustainable tourism.
Green Globe is a U.S. based global certification body for sustainable tourism and it’s a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, supported by the United Nations Foundation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...