Delicious St Lucia holidays for chocoholics at Hotel Chocolat
Althoug many aren't aware of it, the most delicious of St Lucia hotels opened in spring last year to welcome chocoholics to St Lucia holidays at the Hotel Chocolat, a property located on a historic cocoa plantation and offering unique chocolate delights
Chocolate lovers from all corners of the world now have the chance to not only enjoy the most finely crafted chocolate delights during St Lucia holidays, but also to learn about the history of the island's chocolate produce through the hotel's iconic location in a working cocoa plantation visited by the likes of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
For the most indulgent of chocoholic holiday experiences, the new Hotel Chocolat in St Lucia, which only opened in spring last year, is now open to welcome true choccy lovers to a sweet world of tasty delights. This rather unusual hotel accommodation in Antigua opened with the concept of indulging chocolate lovers with a unique chocolate-theme restaurant and bar with the finest in cocoa-based cuisine, with a touch of this delicious ingredient present in almost all the dishes with some form of cocoa inclusion.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Set in the grounds of a working cacao plantation, the hotel makes a direct connexion between the chocolate consumer and the source of the cocoa produce. Placing a strong focus on sustainability, the Hotel Chocolat has an input in stimulating a sor of Cocoa Renaissance and encourages other cacao growers on the island to follow suit as part of their 'Engaged Ethics' programme. For over 20 years, cocoa farming in St Lucia has been in decline. Hotel Chocolat has pledged to buy local cocoa at prices 40% above those previously achieved, to help stimulate the sector. So those enjoying sweet St Lucia holidays at the chocolate-themed hotel will know that they will be directly contributing to boosting the island's cocoa produce.
The most unique of St Lucia hotels yet, the property instantly charmed the likes of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall who visited the hotel's surrounding Rabot Estate and reinforced Britain's compromise to promote sustainable development, environment
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The chocolatey hotel also features the 'Tree to Bar' experience, providing the opportunity for guests to create their own chocolate. It begins with guests walking along the estate's cocoa groves and ends with them making scrumptious chocolate bars. The tour includes a visit to the seedling nursery, fermenting room and sun-drying station, as well as grinding, mixing and lots of tasting! Participants are invited to graft their own cacao plant, which is labelled with their name and date of visit.
And for those wanting to branch out from the cacao, however, the property also has a spa, a pool overlooking the Pitons, a secret bar and casual dining. A daily shuttle service operates to Jalousie beach and there’s 140 beautiful acres of land surrounding the property which, among other things, is a delight for hiking and bird watching.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...