Delicious St Lucia holidays for chocoholics at Hotel Chocolat
Althoug many aren't aware of it, the most delicious of St Lucia hotels opened in spring last year to welcome chocoholics to St Lucia holidays at the Hotel Chocolat, a property located on a historic cocoa plantation and offering unique chocolate delights
Chocolate lovers from all corners of the world now have the chance to not only enjoy the most finely crafted chocolate delights during St Lucia holidays, but also to learn about the history of the island's chocolate produce through the hotel's iconic location in a working cocoa plantation visited by the likes of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
For the most indulgent of chocoholic holiday experiences, the new Hotel Chocolat in St Lucia, which only opened in spring last year, is now open to welcome true choccy lovers to a sweet world of tasty delights. This rather unusual hotel accommodation in Antigua opened with the concept of indulging chocolate lovers with a unique chocolate-theme restaurant and bar with the finest in cocoa-based cuisine, with a touch of this delicious ingredient present in almost all the dishes with some form of cocoa inclusion.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Set in the grounds of a working cacao plantation, the hotel makes a direct connexion between the chocolate consumer and the source of the cocoa produce. Placing a strong focus on sustainability, the Hotel Chocolat has an input in stimulating a sor of Cocoa Renaissance and encourages other cacao growers on the island to follow suit as part of their 'Engaged Ethics' programme. For over 20 years, cocoa farming in St Lucia has been in decline. Hotel Chocolat has pledged to buy local cocoa at prices 40% above those previously achieved, to help stimulate the sector. So those enjoying sweet St Lucia holidays at the chocolate-themed hotel will know that they will be directly contributing to boosting the island's cocoa produce.
The most unique of St Lucia hotels yet, the property instantly charmed the likes of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall who visited the hotel's surrounding Rabot Estate and reinforced Britain's compromise to promote sustainable development, environment
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The chocolatey hotel also features the 'Tree to Bar' experience, providing the opportunity for guests to create their own chocolate. It begins with guests walking along the estate's cocoa groves and ends with them making scrumptious chocolate bars. The tour includes a visit to the seedling nursery, fermenting room and sun-drying station, as well as grinding, mixing and lots of tasting! Participants are invited to graft their own cacao plant, which is labelled with their name and date of visit.
And for those wanting to branch out from the cacao, however, the property also has a spa, a pool overlooking the Pitons, a secret bar and casual dining. A daily shuttle service operates to Jalousie beach and there’s 140 beautiful acres of land surrounding the property which, among other things, is a delight for hiking and bird watching.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Discounted Special offer on All Inclusive which includes six complimentary passes to Splash Island Water Park and access to the dine around program
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...