Harlequin's transformation to luxury Barbados hotel set to be complete in October 2012
Harlequin Hotels and Resorts, has confirmed that the latest addition to their Caribbean hotel chain, the H Hotel Barbados, will open in October 2012. The boutique hotel is geared towards travellers planning luxurious Barbados holidays.
Newcomer to the luxury hotel scene Harlequin Hotels and Resorts has confirmed that their latest Caribbean hotel, the H Hotel Barbados, will be launched in October 2012. The UK based firm, acquired the Allamanda Beach Hotel in 2011 and subsequently announced their decision to invest $11m BBD in order to renovate the beachfront property located in Christ Church, Barbados and transform into a breath-taking boutique hotel, ideal for travellers seeking to enjoy a superior luxury Barbados holiday experience.
Despite the fact that this is only the firm’s second luxury resort in the Caribbean, with their first hotel located in Buccament Bay, St Vincent and the Grenadines, having been operating for just over a year, officials spokespeople from Harlequin are confident in the prospect of the H Hotel Barbados and its ability to entice more travellers to book holidays in Barbados, “This Boutique Hotel offering will bring further investment to Barbados and provide more employment opportunities as well as bringing many new holidaymakers to this Caribbean Jewel” noted Mr. Dave Ames Chairman of Harelquin Hotels and Resorts .
Image by: scaturchio, on Flickr
Much of the firm’s confidence stems from the fact that Harlequin’s ultra-chic boutique style resorts stand out from other Barbados hotels offering, in the words of Mr Ames, “a completely different concept for the Caribbean”. Drawing influence from Dubai and the Far East, Harlequin has undertaken the lofty ambition to provide its guests with an uncomparable luxury experience during their Barbados holidays.
Vice president of hotel and resort development at Harlequin, Garrett Ronan elaborated stating, “This launch of Harlequins Boutique Brand in Barbados with the renovation of the former Allamanda Hotel, will bring a new ultra-chic, South Beah-style Hotel to the market. When completed, it will offer 77 luxury suites including 4 penthouses, an upscale martini lounge, a steak and seafood restaurant, a spa garden, pools and a gym. The hotel will offer a new level of anticipatory yet discreet service infused with Barbadian hospitality”.
Admittedly, this may not be the ideal location for those planning a budget Caribbean holiday however, for those who can spare the cash it may well be the experience of a lifetime.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...