Kempinski Launches First Seychelles Hotel with Grand Opening Ceremony
To celebrate the launch of Kempinski's first property in the Seychelles, VIPs attended a grand opening ceremony at the hotel last weekend. The property will offer luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists seeking relaxing Seychelles holidays.
Europe’s longest-running chain of luxury hotels, Kempinski Hotels, has celebrated the launch of its first hotel in the Seychelles with a grand opening ceremony complete with fireworks and entertainment.
The new property is situated at Baie Lazare, on the beautiful island of Mahe and will provide luxury Seychelles holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The grand opening ceremony was attended by the CEO of Kempinski Hotels, Reto Wittwer, and Kempinski president of Middle East, Africa & Indian Ocean, Ulrich Eckhardt; ministers and dignitaries from the Seychelles and neighbouring countries; travel industry leaders; more than 90 international journalists; and guests who were enjoying holidays to the Seychelles at the resort for the first time.
The General Manager of the first of Kempinski’s Seychelles hotels, Pierre Stacher, said that Baie Lazare is the perfect setting for the new property.
Image by: safari-partners, on Flickr
“This resort combines the rich natural beauty of the Seychelles with Kempinski’s signature European luxury. In the spirit of Carnival, a melting pot of cultures, we are delighted to have hosted so many people from around the world to help us commemorate this special occasion,” he commented.
Guests of the event enjoyed culinary delights at the resort’s restaurants and bars, as well as music and dance shows by performers who took part in the 2012 Carnival International de Victoria.
The luxurious resort is nestled under the granite hillside and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling crystal clear waters of the bay. The property has 150 rooms and suites and guests taking Seychelles holidays can relax amid tranquil natural surroundings made up of a white sand beach and a lush lagoon that winds its way around 63 hectares of tropical gardens.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
During holidays in the Seychelles, visitors can work out at the 24-hour fitness centre; choose from the wide range of fun watersports such as scuba diving, snorkelling and kayaking; drop the kids off at the Kempinski Kids Club which has its own shaded pool and variety of exciting activities; or unwind with a rejuvenating treatment at Kempinski The Spa which provides a secluded sanctuary within lush gardens and an extensive menu of treatments and services.
The new Seychelles hotel by Kempiski also boasts one of the largest ballrooms in the region, with seated capacity for up to 200 guests and stunning views that stretch over the lagoon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Located precisely and strategically upon two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...