Movenpick Adds Three Egypt Hotels and Five Nile Sailing Options to Portfolio
MÃ¶venpick Hotels & Resorts has boosted its presence in Egypt by adding 3 new Egypt hotels to its portfolio of luxury properties in the Red Sea. The group has also added 4 new cruisers and one sail boat for tourists taking Egypt holidays on the River Nile.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has increased its collection of Egyptian properties with the addition of three new Egypt hotels in the country's Red Sea coast, four cruisers and a sail boat.
The international hotel chain has increased its options for tourists planning Egypt holidays with new properties including Mövenpick Resort Hurghada, Mövenpick Resort Abu Soma and Mövenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh in Naama Bay.
“We have a long and successful history in Egypt since 1975 and today managing 18 hotels, resorts and Nile boats,” explained Roger Kacou, the Senior Vice President of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts Africa.
“This announcement signifies an important step in our dynamic expansion programme that demonstrates our commitment to and total confidence in Egypt’s tourism.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
In addition to the three new Egypt hotels, the hotel group has added four new cruisers and a sail boat to its Egypt holiday choices on the River Nile, including the famous ‘Misr’, which was the private yacht of Egypt’s former King Farouk.
Travellers going on holidays to Sharm el Sheikh will be able to enjoy upscale facilities and accommodation at the new Mövenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh - Naama Bay from 8th April, 2012. The resort has 298 rooms and suites and four villas with a private swimming pool; all boasting views overlooking the resort’s five private sandy beaches.
The property’s architecture reflects Arabian heritage with domes, arches and dark wood furniture.
The hotel group has added two properties in Hurghada: Mövenpick Resort Hurghada which opened on 5th March, 2012, and the Mövenpick Resort Abu Soma which is scheduled to open later this year.
Mövenpick Resort Hurghada is situated eight kilometres from Hurghada International Airport and has 252 spacious rooms and suites with Red Sea views. During holidays to Egypt, guests have access to luxurious facilities including a private beach, marina and freshwater pool, as well as activities such as desert safaris, snorkelling, scuba diving, horseback riding and excursions to Giftun Island.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Mövenpick Resort Abu Soma is situated close to several unspoilt golden beaches, 45 kilometres south of Hurghada, and it will have 424 upscale rooms.
Tourists looking for an alternative to hotels for their holidays in Egypt can stay onboard one of Mövenpick’s luxury cruisers on the River Nile: the M/S Sun Ray, Darakum, Hamees and Feddya.
The vessels feature luxurious accommodation with modern amenities including air conditioning, satellite LCD TV, mini bar, safe and private bathroom with tub.
The ‘Misr’ is the only steamship on the River Nile and it offers sophisticated accommodation made up of 16 cabins and eight suites, exquisite cuisine, and a high level of service for guests seeking opulence from a golden age during Egypt holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...