Hilton and Al Habtoor in talks to Build Luxury Tourism Complex in Dubai
Hilton Worldwide could be expanding its portfolio of properties providing Dubai holidays if plans with Al Habtoor Group go ahead. The two companies are currently in talks about a deal that could see the development of a new tourism complex in the emirate.
Hilton Worldwide and Al Habtoor Group are talking about the possibility of developing a new $1.3 billion tourism complex in Dubai.
Hilton currently provides luxury Dubai holidays for tourists at several properties across the city and the global hotel group is keen to double its portfolio of properties in the Middle East over the next few years.
Earlier this year, Al Habtoor Group said that it would be demolishing one of the oldest Dubai hotels - the Metropolitan – and the area would be developed into a tourism complex. The President for Global Operations for Hilton Worldwide, Ian Carter, talked about the company’s plans in the region.
"We don't release the individual market numbers for the simple reason that our competitors would love to know,” he said. “But what I can say is that our global pipeline has never been stronger. And as a region, if we look at just the Middle East, we have never been in a stronger position from a pipeline perspective.”
The Al Habtoor Group owns and operates four hotels in Dubai and the firm recently signed management agreements with Hilton to develop the 324-room Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah which is due to open in 2013, and two of its hotels in Beirut will be converted to the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Carter added: "The two hotels in Beirut will become Hiltons at the end of this month. They are going to be a great addition to our network. And this is our first experience of working together with the Dubai-based group.”
Hilton Worldwide is working hard to become a leading provider of accommodation for holidays in Dubai as well as business travel, and the company is looking for new opportunities to expand the brand across the United Arab Emirate.
The Conrad Dubai on Shaikh Zayed Road is one of Hilton’s branded properties and it is scheduled to open its doors to business travellers later this year. The Dubai hotel will have over 550 rooms and suites, three restaurants, two lounge bars, a destination bar, a grand ballroom, modern meeting rooms, and a health club with swimming pool, spa and fitness centre.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Hilton is also considering additional projects on the famous Palm Jumeirah, one of the most popular destinations for luxury Dubai holidays.
Travellers have plenty of attractions to visit during holidays to Dubai including the Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa, the Wild Wadi water park, Dubai Marina, and the Dubai Mall.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice
- Try something absolutely unique on Dubai's only Ice Rink
- Located in the heart of the historic Deira with walking distance to the gold souks
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...