Hilton and Al Habtoor in talks to Build Luxury Tourism Complex in Dubai
Hilton Worldwide could be expanding its portfolio of properties providing Dubai holidays if plans with Al Habtoor Group go ahead. The two companies are currently in talks about a deal that could see the development of a new tourism complex in the emirate.
Hilton Worldwide and Al Habtoor Group are talking about the possibility of developing a new $1.3 billion tourism complex in Dubai.
Hilton currently provides luxury Dubai holidays for tourists at several properties across the city and the global hotel group is keen to double its portfolio of properties in the Middle East over the next few years.
Earlier this year, Al Habtoor Group said that it would be demolishing one of the oldest Dubai hotels - the Metropolitan – and the area would be developed into a tourism complex. The President for Global Operations for Hilton Worldwide, Ian Carter, talked about the company’s plans in the region.
"We don't release the individual market numbers for the simple reason that our competitors would love to know,” he said. “But what I can say is that our global pipeline has never been stronger. And as a region, if we look at just the Middle East, we have never been in a stronger position from a pipeline perspective.”
The Al Habtoor Group owns and operates four hotels in Dubai and the firm recently signed management agreements with Hilton to develop the 324-room Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah which is due to open in 2013, and two of its hotels in Beirut will be converted to the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Carter added: "The two hotels in Beirut will become Hiltons at the end of this month. They are going to be a great addition to our network. And this is our first experience of working together with the Dubai-based group.”
Hilton Worldwide is working hard to become a leading provider of accommodation for holidays in Dubai as well as business travel, and the company is looking for new opportunities to expand the brand across the United Arab Emirate.
The Conrad Dubai on Shaikh Zayed Road is one of Hilton’s branded properties and it is scheduled to open its doors to business travellers later this year. The Dubai hotel will have over 550 rooms and suites, three restaurants, two lounge bars, a destination bar, a grand ballroom, modern meeting rooms, and a health club with swimming pool, spa and fitness centre.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Hilton is also considering additional projects on the famous Palm Jumeirah, one of the most popular destinations for luxury Dubai holidays.
Travellers have plenty of attractions to visit during holidays to Dubai including the Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa, the Wild Wadi water park, Dubai Marina, and the Dubai Mall.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...