RIU Hotels & Resorts To Open Sixth Hotel in Morocco in March, 2012
The RIU Palace Tikida Agadir will be opening it doors to tourists taking Morocco holidays on 26th March, 2012. The hotel is the 6th Moroccan property belonging to RUI Hotels & Resorts and it boasts a beautiful beachfront location in the port of Agadir.
RIU Hotels & Resorts will be launching their sixth Moroccan property on 26th March, 2012 as the brand new Riu Palace Tikida Agadir is scheduled to opens its doors.
The new Riu Palace Tikida Agadir will boast an impeccable collection of 444 rooms and suites and will offer all inclusive Morocco holidays for budget-conscious travellers, as well as an enjoing an excellent beachfront location in the port of Agadir.
The new property is located close to three other Morocco hotels that belong to the Spanish RIU hotel chain in Agadir: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas, Riu Tikida Beach and Riu Grand Palace Tikida Golf.
During holidays to Morocco, guests will be able to enjoy the new resort's facilities including two outdoor heated swimming pools and an indoor pool; a fitness centre; a spa that offers a wide range of luxury treatments, a sauna and hammam; a Kid’s Club; and four gourmet restaurants with menus influenced by local and international cuisine.
Image by: John & Tina Reid, on Flickr
The CEO of RIU Hotels & Resorts, Carmen Riu, stated: “Morocco is a fascinating country for its rich culture and exotic traditions. This, together with its landscapes, beaches and great culinary offer, make Morocco a complete tourist destination that every year attracts thousands of tourists.”
The port of Agadir is a fantastic holiday destination in Morocco and is home to over seven miles of golden sandy beaches, azure ocean waters, all-year-round sunshine, and several restaurants and traditional souks.
The co-owners of the Tikida Group, M. Marrache and M. Benabbés-Taarji said: “We are very excited about this new opening, the sixth in our long-term partnership with RIU. We are sure that the hotel will be a success, specially counting on the support of the Government of Morocco who is strongly committed to develop the Tourism industry in the country through its strategic plan ‘Vision 2020’.”
Image by: Bencito the Traveller, on Flickr
Morocco is a country in North Africa located south of Spain with a coastline spreading across both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. While enjoying holidays in Morocco, tourists can explore the medieval city of Fez; the movie-famous city of Casablanca that is home to Morocco’s largest mosque, The King Hassan II; and the traditional souks, spice markets and historical ruins in Marrakech.
RIU Hotels & Resorts is a family-run company with over 100 hotels in 16 countries across the world. The group also operates two other hotels in Marrakech.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
Daily activities for children while you are relaxing at the traditional Moroccan sauna
- All accommodations features a balcony overlooking either the pool or gardens
- Perfectly located just minutes away from Marrakesh famous square that amazes with snake charmers, food stalls, musicians, sword jugglers and more
- Enjoy signature restaurants with indoor and outdoor dining – international dishes and Moroccan specialities
Enjoy every minute of your holiday with the beautiful parks, upscale boutiques and on-trend restaurants
- The perfect location in the downtown just minutes away from the shopping malls and just 20 minutes from The Medina and Marrakesh Menara Airport
- Each of 130 accommodations are designed for your comfortable stay including TV with satellite channels, minibar and direct dial telephone
- Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from all of which offer well priced Moroccan style cuisine and beverages
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy – indoor pool, kids’ club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
Close to many attractions such as the Royal Palace, Jewish Cemetery, Blue Gate and Der Batha Museum, there is easy access to the old city
- Wonderfully located close by to the old city
- Two flood-lit tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool allow for an alternative to sightseeing
- The five restauarants and bars give a great selection of international and Moroccan dishes, and varied atmospheres
This elegant Moorish retreat is perfectly placed for exploring Marrakech’s mesmerising landmarks, most notably the...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Beautifully poised on a pristine golden beach, the refined Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort exudes modern luxury and...
For a fully-charged Marrakesh experience, this Moorish retreat is located at the city’s north-west entrance near...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood...
Housed in a converted palace on the site of Marrakech’s 13th-century Riad Ouarzazi, this decadent designer-led...