RIU Hotels & Resorts To Open Sixth Hotel in Morocco in March, 2012
The RIU Palace Tikida Agadir will be opening it doors to tourists taking Morocco holidays on 26th March, 2012. The hotel is the 6th Moroccan property belonging to RUI Hotels & Resorts and it boasts a beautiful beachfront location in the port of Agadir.
RIU Hotels & Resorts will be launching their sixth Moroccan property on 26th March, 2012 as the brand new Riu Palace Tikida Agadir is scheduled to opens its doors.
The new Riu Palace Tikida Agadir will boast an impeccable collection of 444 rooms and suites and will offer all inclusive Morocco holidays for budget-conscious travellers, as well as an enjoing an excellent beachfront location in the port of Agadir.
The new property is located close to three other Morocco hotels that belong to the Spanish RIU hotel chain in Agadir: ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas, Riu Tikida Beach and Riu Grand Palace Tikida Golf.
During holidays to Morocco, guests will be able to enjoy the new resort's facilities including two outdoor heated swimming pools and an indoor pool; a fitness centre; a spa that offers a wide range of luxury treatments, a sauna and hammam; a Kid’s Club; and four gourmet restaurants with menus influenced by local and international cuisine.
Image by: John & Tina Reid, on Flickr
The CEO of RIU Hotels & Resorts, Carmen Riu, stated: “Morocco is a fascinating country for its rich culture and exotic traditions. This, together with its landscapes, beaches and great culinary offer, make Morocco a complete tourist destination that every year attracts thousands of tourists.”
The port of Agadir is a fantastic holiday destination in Morocco and is home to over seven miles of golden sandy beaches, azure ocean waters, all-year-round sunshine, and several restaurants and traditional souks.
The co-owners of the Tikida Group, M. Marrache and M. Benabbés-Taarji said: “We are very excited about this new opening, the sixth in our long-term partnership with RIU. We are sure that the hotel will be a success, specially counting on the support of the Government of Morocco who is strongly committed to develop the Tourism industry in the country through its strategic plan ‘Vision 2020’.”
Image by: Bencito the Traveller, on Flickr
Morocco is a country in North Africa located south of Spain with a coastline spreading across both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. While enjoying holidays in Morocco, tourists can explore the medieval city of Fez; the movie-famous city of Casablanca that is home to Morocco’s largest mosque, The King Hassan II; and the traditional souks, spice markets and historical ruins in Marrakech.
RIU Hotels & Resorts is a family-run company with over 100 hotels in 16 countries across the world. The group also operates two other hotels in Marrakech.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
Enjoy every minute of your holiday with the beautiful parks, upscale boutiques and on-trend restaurants
- The perfect location in the downtown just minutes away from the shopping malls and just 20 minutes from The Medina and Marrakesh Menara Airport
- Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from all of which offer well priced Moroccan style cuisine and beverages
- Each of 130 accommodations are designed for your comfortable stay including TV with satellite channels, minibar and direct dial telephone
Daily activities for children while you are relaxing at the traditional Moroccan sauna
- Enjoy signature restaurants with indoor and outdoor dining – international dishes and Moroccan specialities
- Perfectly located just minutes away from Marrakesh famous square that amazes with snake charmers, food stalls, musicians, sword jugglers and more
- All accommodations features a balcony overlooking either the pool or gardens
A great location just minutes from the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa Square and Marrakech's popular and buzzing downtown area.
- Both and outdoor and indoor swimming pool (with water jets massage), plus a spa and wellbeing centre make for a relaxing stay
- Stylish North African fare at La Table du Marche and tasty confection at Table du Marche Pastry Shop
- Offering stunning views over the pool, the Atlas Mountains of the Koutoubia, all 58 Standard Rooms at the Hivernage Hotel and Spa include free wi-fi
This completely restored riad used to be a 19th century mansion, gently restored to its former glory with the talent of local artisans and with traditional techniques employed by local craftsmen.
- Small boutique size allows for utter privacy and intimacy with a genuine Moroccan feel
- Complimentary wi-fi throughout the resort, as well as portable DVD players available
- After a day of sightseeing, relax on the roof Terrace with loungers and shaded Area with dining tables
This elegant Moorish retreat is perfectly placed for exploring Marrakech’s mesmerising landmarks, most notably the...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....