ONYX and Sino Lanka Hotels partnership set to improve the Sri Lanka holiday experience
ONYX Hospitality Group and Sino Lanka Hotels have embarked on a partnership that will see an additional 410 rooms added across three properties by 2013. The move is expected to improve the Sri Lanka holidays experience for international visitors.
The Thai hotel management company, ONYX Hospitality Group and Sino Lanka Hotels have embarked on a joint venture that will see the development of three luxurious Sri Lanka hotels in the immediate future.
Scheduled to launch in 2013, the hotels will be situated at Colombo, Galle and Kandy- key cities for Sri Lanka tourism. “Sri Lanka is one of the most vibrant destinations in the Asia Pacific and one that is experiencing dynamic growth in tourism... We plan to make it a key hub for ONYX going forward” remarked Onyx’s CEO and President, Peter Henley.
The Galle hotel will offer 148 rooms in their beachfront property while the 160 room Colombo hotel is set to be built neat to the Colombo coast. The proximity to the calming ocean waves will be a plus for any holidaymaker with both properties boasting of beautiful ocean views in addition to stunning swimming pools.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
While plans are already under way for these new Sri Lanka hotels, a further three will be developed in the coming years under the joint venture including an exclusive luxury Sri Lanka resort set to be nestled on the Beruwala Island. All six hotels will come under the umbrella of the OZO brand, one of ONYX’s four complementary brands, and will represent a total investment of approximately US$100 million.
The partnership will not only grant the Thai firm access to the growing Sri Lanka tourism market but it is also set to improve the hotel offerings for travellers planning to book Sri Lanka holidays late next year. “We are well established in Thailand and as part of extending our reach across Asia, Sri Lanka was chosen to debut our OZO brand which will offer a fresh take on select services for both business and leisure travellers” stated Mr Henley.
Image by: IMP1, on Flickr
Holidaymakers who may have holidays to Sri Lanka on their wish list will definitely have much to look forward to as the country’s tourism industry develops over the coming years. Partnerships between local firms and experienced global brands like ONYX will only serve to enhance the Sri Lanka holidays experience for visitors, “We are excited to begin this project and to play a key role in developing tourism in our Country. We identified a need for sophisticated and stylish world class three star accommodation in Colombo and happy to work collaboratively with ONYX to make it happens” noted the Chairman of Sino Lanka Hotels Bob Kundanmal.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...