ONYX and Sino Lanka Hotels partnership set to improve the Sri Lanka holiday experience
ONYX Hospitality Group and Sino Lanka Hotels have embarked on a partnership that will see an additional 410 rooms added across three properties by 2013. The move is expected to improve the Sri Lanka holidays experience for international visitors.
The Thai hotel management company, ONYX Hospitality Group and Sino Lanka Hotels have embarked on a joint venture that will see the development of three luxurious Sri Lanka hotels in the immediate future.
Scheduled to launch in 2013, the hotels will be situated at Colombo, Galle and Kandy- key cities for Sri Lanka tourism. “Sri Lanka is one of the most vibrant destinations in the Asia Pacific and one that is experiencing dynamic growth in tourism... We plan to make it a key hub for ONYX going forward” remarked Onyx’s CEO and President, Peter Henley.
The Galle hotel will offer 148 rooms in their beachfront property while the 160 room Colombo hotel is set to be built neat to the Colombo coast. The proximity to the calming ocean waves will be a plus for any holidaymaker with both properties boasting of beautiful ocean views in addition to stunning swimming pools.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
While plans are already under way for these new Sri Lanka hotels, a further three will be developed in the coming years under the joint venture including an exclusive luxury Sri Lanka resort set to be nestled on the Beruwala Island. All six hotels will come under the umbrella of the OZO brand, one of ONYX’s four complementary brands, and will represent a total investment of approximately US$100 million.
The partnership will not only grant the Thai firm access to the growing Sri Lanka tourism market but it is also set to improve the hotel offerings for travellers planning to book Sri Lanka holidays late next year. “We are well established in Thailand and as part of extending our reach across Asia, Sri Lanka was chosen to debut our OZO brand which will offer a fresh take on select services for both business and leisure travellers” stated Mr Henley.
Image by: IMP1, on Flickr
Holidaymakers who may have holidays to Sri Lanka on their wish list will definitely have much to look forward to as the country’s tourism industry develops over the coming years. Partnerships between local firms and experienced global brands like ONYX will only serve to enhance the Sri Lanka holidays experience for visitors, “We are excited to begin this project and to play a key role in developing tourism in our Country. We identified a need for sophisticated and stylish world class three star accommodation in Colombo and happy to work collaboratively with ONYX to make it happens” noted the Chairman of Sino Lanka Hotels Bob Kundanmal.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Fabulous dining and nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation
- Complimentary WiFi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....