The Holiday Place sponsors race for British Heart Foundation at Knebworth Park
One of the members of senior sales representatives at The Holiday Place and his wife took on the challenge for the Knebworth Park Jog organised for the British Heart Foundation, sponsored by the company staff who raised a total of £100 in donation.
Last 26th February the Knebworth Park Jog organised by the British Heart Foundation took place and saw a staff member from The Holiday Place took part in the muddy run for the noblest of causes, sponsored by all his co-workers at The Holiday Place.
Tony Gajic, a senior travel consultant at The Holiday Place and his wife Stephanie, took on the daunting challenge to go cross country running in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Among all 494 participants Mr. Gajic did very well to reach the finish line in 240th place considering he himself confessed he runs only once a week.
The jogging route spanned along 10 long kilometres and representing The Holiday Place on this great cause, backed up by his colleagues, Mr Gajic accomplished a milestone not only by participating in this great charity event but by doing so in under 50 minutes. Talking about his wife's accomplishment and his own he added that he did "roughly 50 minutes which is pretty good for someone who only ran once a week.
"My wife also finished the 10k yesterday and consider her only training was a few Zumba classes it was a great achievement."
Before the event, Tony's co-workers at The Holiday Place chipped in to sponsor and contribute to this meaningful and important charity and speaking about their support Mr Gajic added: "I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that sponsored me for my 10k runs yesterday.
If you had not sponsored me I would have definitely stopped at some point as I was struggling towards the end."
In total The Holiday Place helped Tony raise £100 to help fund the life-saving research conducted by British Heart Foundation.
The company's star runner up finished by saying: "Had a great day getting fit and running for a fantastic cause"
The Holiday Place is a London-based online tour operator with over 25 years of experience in providing affordable holidays to some of the world's most exciting, remote and sunny holiday destinations. True specialists in Cuba holidays since its foundation, the company offers tailor-made holiday packages to the island as well as exotic tours and safaris in India and Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...