The Holiday Place sponsors race for British Heart Foundation at Knebworth Park
One of the members of senior sales representatives at The Holiday Place and his wife took on the challenge for the Knebworth Park Jog organised for the British Heart Foundation, sponsored by the company staff who raised a total of £100 in donation.
Last 26th February the Knebworth Park Jog organised by the British Heart Foundation took place and saw a staff member from The Holiday Place took part in the muddy run for the noblest of causes, sponsored by all his co-workers at The Holiday Place.
Tony Gajic, a senior travel consultant at The Holiday Place and his wife Stephanie, took on the daunting challenge to go cross country running in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Among all 494 participants Mr. Gajic did very well to reach the finish line in 240th place considering he himself confessed he runs only once a week.
The jogging route spanned along 10 long kilometres and representing The Holiday Place on this great cause, backed up by his colleagues, Mr Gajic accomplished a milestone not only by participating in this great charity event but by doing so in under 50 minutes. Talking about his wife's accomplishment and his own he added that he did "roughly 50 minutes which is pretty good for someone who only ran once a week.
"My wife also finished the 10k yesterday and consider her only training was a few Zumba classes it was a great achievement."
Before the event, Tony's co-workers at The Holiday Place chipped in to sponsor and contribute to this meaningful and important charity and speaking about their support Mr Gajic added: "I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that sponsored me for my 10k runs yesterday.
If you had not sponsored me I would have definitely stopped at some point as I was struggling towards the end."
In total The Holiday Place helped Tony raise £100 to help fund the life-saving research conducted by British Heart Foundation.
The company's star runner up finished by saying: "Had a great day getting fit and running for a fantastic cause"
The Holiday Place is a London-based online tour operator with over 25 years of experience in providing affordable holidays to some of the world's most exciting, remote and sunny holiday destinations. True specialists in Cuba holidays since its foundation, the company offers tailor-made holiday packages to the island as well as exotic tours and safaris in India and Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...