The Holiday Place sponsors race for British Heart Foundation at Knebworth Park
One of the members of senior sales representatives at The Holiday Place and his wife took on the challenge for the Knebworth Park Jog organised for the British Heart Foundation, sponsored by the company staff who raised a total of £100 in donation.
Last 26th February the Knebworth Park Jog organised by the British Heart Foundation took place and saw a staff member from The Holiday Place took part in the muddy run for the noblest of causes, sponsored by all his co-workers at The Holiday Place.
Tony Gajic, a senior travel consultant at The Holiday Place and his wife Stephanie, took on the daunting challenge to go cross country running in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Among all 494 participants Mr. Gajic did very well to reach the finish line in 240th place considering he himself confessed he runs only once a week.
The jogging route spanned along 10 long kilometres and representing The Holiday Place on this great cause, backed up by his colleagues, Mr Gajic accomplished a milestone not only by participating in this great charity event but by doing so in under 50 minutes. Talking about his wife's accomplishment and his own he added that he did "roughly 50 minutes which is pretty good for someone who only ran once a week.
"My wife also finished the 10k yesterday and consider her only training was a few Zumba classes it was a great achievement."
Before the event, Tony's co-workers at The Holiday Place chipped in to sponsor and contribute to this meaningful and important charity and speaking about their support Mr Gajic added: "I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that sponsored me for my 10k runs yesterday.
If you had not sponsored me I would have definitely stopped at some point as I was struggling towards the end."
In total The Holiday Place helped Tony raise £100 to help fund the life-saving research conducted by British Heart Foundation.
The company's star runner up finished by saying: "Had a great day getting fit and running for a fantastic cause"
The Holiday Place is a London-based online tour operator with over 25 years of experience in providing affordable holidays to some of the world's most exciting, remote and sunny holiday destinations. True specialists in Cuba holidays since its foundation, the company offers tailor-made holiday packages to the island as well as exotic tours and safaris in India and Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...