The Holiday Place sponsors race for British Heart Foundation at Knebworth Park
One of the members of senior sales representatives at The Holiday Place and his wife took on the challenge for the Knebworth Park Jog organised for the British Heart Foundation, sponsored by the company staff who raised a total of £100 in donation.
Last 26th February the Knebworth Park Jog organised by the British Heart Foundation took place and saw a staff member from The Holiday Place took part in the muddy run for the noblest of causes, sponsored by all his co-workers at The Holiday Place.
Tony Gajic, a senior travel consultant at The Holiday Place and his wife Stephanie, took on the daunting challenge to go cross country running in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Among all 494 participants Mr. Gajic did very well to reach the finish line in 240th place considering he himself confessed he runs only once a week.
The jogging route spanned along 10 long kilometres and representing The Holiday Place on this great cause, backed up by his colleagues, Mr Gajic accomplished a milestone not only by participating in this great charity event but by doing so in under 50 minutes. Talking about his wife's accomplishment and his own he added that he did "roughly 50 minutes which is pretty good for someone who only ran once a week.
"My wife also finished the 10k yesterday and consider her only training was a few Zumba classes it was a great achievement."
Before the event, Tony's co-workers at The Holiday Place chipped in to sponsor and contribute to this meaningful and important charity and speaking about their support Mr Gajic added: "I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that sponsored me for my 10k runs yesterday.
If you had not sponsored me I would have definitely stopped at some point as I was struggling towards the end."
In total The Holiday Place helped Tony raise £100 to help fund the life-saving research conducted by British Heart Foundation.
The company's star runner up finished by saying: "Had a great day getting fit and running for a fantastic cause"
The Holiday Place is a London-based online tour operator with over 25 years of experience in providing affordable holidays to some of the world's most exciting, remote and sunny holiday destinations. True specialists in Cuba holidays since its foundation, the company offers tailor-made holiday packages to the island as well as exotic tours and safaris in India and Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...