The Holiday Place sponsors race for British Heart Foundation at Knebworth Park
One of the members of senior sales representatives at The Holiday Place and his wife took on the challenge for the Knebworth Park Jog organised for the British Heart Foundation, sponsored by the company staff who raised a total of £100 in donation.
Last 26th February the Knebworth Park Jog organised by the British Heart Foundation took place and saw a staff member from The Holiday Place took part in the muddy run for the noblest of causes, sponsored by all his co-workers at The Holiday Place.
Tony Gajic, a senior travel consultant at The Holiday Place and his wife Stephanie, took on the daunting challenge to go cross country running in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Among all 494 participants Mr. Gajic did very well to reach the finish line in 240th place considering he himself confessed he runs only once a week.
The jogging route spanned along 10 long kilometres and representing The Holiday Place on this great cause, backed up by his colleagues, Mr Gajic accomplished a milestone not only by participating in this great charity event but by doing so in under 50 minutes. Talking about his wife's accomplishment and his own he added that he did "roughly 50 minutes which is pretty good for someone who only ran once a week.
"My wife also finished the 10k yesterday and consider her only training was a few Zumba classes it was a great achievement."
Before the event, Tony's co-workers at The Holiday Place chipped in to sponsor and contribute to this meaningful and important charity and speaking about their support Mr Gajic added: "I just want to say a big thank you for everyone that sponsored me for my 10k runs yesterday.
If you had not sponsored me I would have definitely stopped at some point as I was struggling towards the end."
In total The Holiday Place helped Tony raise £100 to help fund the life-saving research conducted by British Heart Foundation.
The company's star runner up finished by saying: "Had a great day getting fit and running for a fantastic cause"
The Holiday Place is a London-based online tour operator with over 25 years of experience in providing affordable holidays to some of the world's most exciting, remote and sunny holiday destinations. True specialists in Cuba holidays since its foundation, the company offers tailor-made holiday packages to the island as well as exotic tours and safaris in India and Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...